Post your best sausage gravy recipe

Post your best sausage gravy recipe

Do Americans really eat this?

if you talk shit on biscuits and gravy i will fight you

American here and can confirm, it's fucking delicious.

This sausage gravy always looks like poo.

You should taste my gravy when I make Rosemary and Garlic Lamb.

Slow roasted lamb with chopped fresh rosemary and crush garlic over a bed of carrots, onions and garlic cloves with chicken stock that is periodically topped up throughout the 8 hours of slow roasting. When I'm ready to put on the taters I take the stock that's formed in the bottom, after 8 hours of delicious lamb drippings have added to it, and just need to add a touch of flour and stir over low heat and it is fucking phenomenal. You could drink it.

I moved here in 2013. I was repulsed by the appearance, but when you EAT it... you understand why America is the best country in the world.

You wasted all this time to post something that isn't sausage gravy.
Kill yourself.

No.

1 part sausage
1 part gravy

mix

serve over biscuits

>take gravy packet
>stir in water
>stir in sausage
>serve over biscuits or toast
>

Cook sausage patties
Drain all but ~1 tbsp of fat from pan
1/4 c flour, cook it
Add milk until desired thickness
Crumble up sausage patty and add to gravy

bump

Bacon Gravy >>>>> sausage gravy
Anytime. Bacon Gravy is always superior.

I admit I'm obsessed.
Next time you shart in the mart, post pics please.
Thanks.

Is this what you wear to cover the smell when you shart?

>sear meat on high
>deglace with white wine
>reduce
>add broth
>reduce
>add shitloads of cream and mushrooms if you like
>reduce
>season
done

Brown your sausage meat (ideally homemade). Once the meat is brown check and see how much fat is in the pan. Add more if there's not enough, pour some off if you have too much. Add flour and cook the roux briefly. You want it to stay light in color. When the roux is cooked out then whisk in cold milk. Control the texture by how much milk you add.
Taste and season with fresh ground black pepper.

Because the recipe is so simple the ingredient quality matters a great deal.

Sounds great, but no wine in your lamb gravy? Also, if you use really good stock that will thicken it on its own without the need to add flour.

That sounds damn good. Can't go wrong with deglazing + stock + reducing. But it's not the same style that OP depicted.

Looks like someone just seasoned cream and threw in a bit of sausage meat.

OP's recipe would be very similar to . It's basically just bechamel that's cooked on the fat rendered from cooking the sausage.

>Post your best sausage gravy recipe

Sausage gravy is simply a bechemel made with sausage fats and seasoned with sausage, so the best way to make it is the same way you make a bechemel.

Use the following ratio: 1 part fat to 1 part flour to make the roux, then add 4 times the total amount of roux in liquid to complete your sauce.

So for biscuits and gravy a pretty standard recipe would be:
1/4 cup of strained sausage fats
1/4 cup of flour
2 cups of milk
This gives you about 2 cups of gravy.

To make a nice clean gravy, bake your sausage in the oven to brown them, and then collect and strain the fats, and set the sausage to the side. Add your strained fats to a skillet and make your roux, add your milk, then add some crumbled sausage, black pepper, and allow it to simmer for 10 to 20 minutes adjusting the thickness with milk as you go. Season with salt as the final step, then serve. You'll get a nice clean white gravy that way that's still delicious.

>bake your sausage in the oven to brown them

Why? Seems like using a pan would be faster and uses less energy. What advantage does the oven have here?

>Why?

It keeps the Bechamel cleaner and white instead of becomming brownish due to the fonds that develop in a pan used to brown sausage. That doesn't matter to some people, though.

Of course, you could always just de-glaze the pan and clean it prior to making the gravy, but that'll take more time.

Calvin Klein is an American company so it figures I guess.

You can brown the meat in a pan without developing a fond bro.