Do you guys ever butcher your own game?

Do you guys ever butcher your own game?

I had a dream I shot a rabbit with a pellet gun. my father was watching me, so i didnt want to seem like a kid who doesnt follow through. so I picked up the bunny and took it to the tub, and began gutting it and skinning it. somehow i was fucking it up. the rabbit woke up, started kicking violently, ripped itself in half and trailed all its guts out. it kept trying to kick out of the tub and splashed everywhere. i was exasperated. Im 24.

Then a hog appeared. It had the wildest eyes and spooked me. My trigger finger went limp when i aimed at it. It looked me dead in the eye and ran towards me. I tried to run but my ankles went limp too. I tried to tell my dad we have to go, a huge mean hog is coming to fuck us up, but no the old man wouldnt listen.

I do a lot of studies on dreams and their interpretations.
If you're dreaming about hunting and in particular hunting a rabbit and a hog with your father it means you secretly want to suck your dad off and then have him fuck you bareback.

uh ok? i think this thread is about butchering.

I wish I was a mod so I could delete this bait.

Yeah, really connects the hard work of food preparation with the eventual steaks or whatever you make, you appreciate it more when you've had to rip its arms legs and hide off for a few hours.

The neighbours don't like it though wew

What have you butchered?? how long you been doing it? whats the first animal you butchered? howd you decide you wanted to? I am curious if you can't tell.

>What have you butchered??

Deer, rabbit, grouse

>how long you been doing it?

Uh like 13 years

>whats the first animal you butchered?

Deer. We turn them into basically just steaks and a few tenderloin things as well as some uh, "stew meat" which is just assorted bad shit chunks. Or just say fuck it and grind it all for lean as fuck burgers

>howd you decide you wanted to?
Didn't decide. We caught deer, needed it turned into meat chunks and didn't want or need to pay a professional butcher

and by we I mean my immediate family

thanks. where did you grow up?

Twin peaks is shit and reddit
Sage

I can't interpret dreams.

I can tell you this. Rabbit is so easy to butcher you should be ashamed to have fucked it up even in a dream.

>sage
Lord Almighty

Twin Peaks was insanely popular before reddit, or even Veeky Forums even exited. Regardless its more /x/ than anything. There has been Lynch/TP threads there for years.

Yes, I grew up on a farm and hunted a lot so we did it all the time. Pigs, chickens, rabbits, quail, turkey, cows, deer, etc.

I've got my own place now with less space and time so I just raise chickens and rabbits now as well as the occasional pig. We do a lot of our own butchering at work too. Beef comes in in sub-primals and we break it down from there. Most everything else comes it more or less whole and we butcher it ourselves.

As much as I wanna psychoanalysis your dream pal take your blog post else where
Yes I've cleaned fish and deer before if you have the location to do it deer cleaning is pretty simple.

Yup. Rabbits and deer mostly. Fish too if you want to include that. Rabbit was the first animal I've butchered. I have a garden so I try to keep the bunny population in check the best I can. They can be eaten in colder months when the bugs die off. I shoot them with a .22, step on its head and pull on the hind legs to pop the head off. Pocket knife. Stem to sternum. The hide can be pulled off in one piece basically. The guts can be squeezed out through the asshole, or through a shallow cut. Wash it out real good and you're done. There's not a whole lot to them. Usually wait until there's at least 2 of them. Good in stews or grilled with yogurt marinades.

I've always butchered my own small game. The first time I went deer hunting I took the deer to a buddy of mine who had access to a commercial kitchen for processing. Since then I've been doing that myself as well.

>Do you guys ever butcher your own game?

Yeah, like 200 deer in my life, also untold countless chickens, turkeys, geese, and ducks.

in your dreams if you try to run out of urgency you can't. same with throwing a punch and trying to read.

Why does this man wear his hat incorrectly? Does he not know you're supposed to roll the bottom up until it fits snuggly?

>Kale MacLachlan lol

Deer mostly, wrestling coach showed me how to get the good cuts and I picked up stuff like shanks from the internet. Worked a farm with hogs and cattle, I still get half a pig for christmas from the guy Dad taught me to clean fish but I dont really fish much. My favorite animal to butcher is goose because fuck geese, they taste great pan seared and baked while you deglaze with cabernet.

He's using it to conceal a coffee mug, shrunken head, and his Q-tip collection.

>/tpg/ memes in Veeky Forums
Yes.

Cleaning/Butchering always gets me really hungry, for whatever reason. There is a morbid reaction too but also hunger. Wonder why.