Beer thread

Which is the best belgian?
st bernandus abt 12 or rocheforte 12?

Cantillon

Impossible to say without a side by side tasting
In a bubble I have preferred Bernard but my heart says Rocky is probably slightly better

st bernardus abt 12
karmeliet tripel
chimay double

those are the only once I still buy ie the best ones
but they're all goo desu

Which is the best temperature to serve beer? I heard that around 8-9 degrees is the optimal one. So considering that where should I store it?

You spelled Duvel wrong, but I'm also a huge fan of Orval and Flemish Reds, though I haven't had too much of those except for Monk's Cafe and Duchesse.

I usually drink Lambics but this ain't bad.

Saison Dupont is also a great one.

I drank duvel yesterday since I found it on my local supermarket. Probably the best beer I had in a long time. I know that there is a triple hop version but unfortunately I can't find it.

Yeah, I haven't tried that one either. As it goes, I prefer lighter malts to darker ones, dark beers tend to sit in my stomach weird.

What's your go to beer? For me it's either leffe blonde or paulaner.

These guys make some of my favorite Belgians. Their wit is phenomenal

Bump

Rochefort 10!

Had this one as tonights first beer. Very nice right out of the fridge, got very boozy once it started to warm up.

Guinness or die, faggots

>rocheforte 12?
You mean 10, right?

>tfw I live a 10 minute drive from the brewery

La guillotine is their best beer.

Dunno if you mean C or F
Either way, just put it in the fridge, never the freezer

Nothing beats the taste of mediocrity

Celsius ofc

Nice aroma and taste but sort of thin, drawback that comes with low abv.

Piraat's my all time favorite, but OP's is pretty much as good as it gets.

Sorry your journey ended so soon, enjoy having the best taste in Belgians the rest of your life.

I feel like the Chimay is somewhat overrated, feels like the quality has slightly gone down over the years. Still a stellar beer.

St. Bernandus abt 12 and Rochefort 10 are equally great, though quite different beers. Both better than Chimay

Orval is interesting and complex, I can never make my mind up whether I like it or dislike it, always find it an odd beer

funny how they don't sell this where I live, but they do sell pints from a barrel at this one single pub

I've been meaning to try this

Just found chimay blue, gonna drink that tomorrow. I really wann know what's all the fuzz about.

try out the Rochefort and Orval afterwards

Orval is quite hard to find if you're overseas

Gulden draak.
End of discussion

yeah so far i went to 4 different places but never managed to find it.

neat bottle

Sweaty armpit hops made taste somewhat good in this beer. Lots of onion on the aroma!

Westvleteren 12 is the best, but it's not enough of an improvement on Rochefort 10 and St Bernardus 12 to be worth the cost/difficulty in finding.

Depends on the beer. Lighter beers generally are served colder, very dark beers can be served like cellar temp.

Wow man, nice glass you got there

Back when Tek was comfy and i wanted to support them.

Oh yeah, now I remember where I saw too. It was a great channel, but unfortunately it became shit

varies from beer to beer, depending on abv, gravity and volatiles among other things.
But, most beers do well a little over fridge temp, which is what you'll get once you take it out and pour it into a glass.

bought this on impulse because i saw it had a high ABV and want to get drunk....is it good? and will i have a terrible hangover tommorow?

have a bottle waiting in my cellar
what am I in for?

My nigga. Straight up my favourite beer.

Tried that one, isn't bad.

for some reason this was the cheapest beer on the menu at the place where i went to last night
even though all the other beers were domestic.
not complaining though.

triple hop duvel is based my man

Yeah it's best served straight from deep inside your Icebox!.....

not all of them are good, the 2014 one was pretty shitty

i only had the 2016 one with an experimental hop. really liked it, although I see it is the lowest rated one on beeraavocate, which makes me really want to try the others

>>>>>not drinking galician local beer with over 100 years of brewing tradition

wow what a bunch of american fags I bet you drink bud lite.

When you go out in the sun can everyone see your veins?

ok ahmed

>over 100 years of brewing tradition
that's supposed to be impressive?
you know there are breweries several times older than that, and they make actual good beer too

>drinking

Calm down Aiden

Westvleteren 12 is every bit as good as its reputation but Berny is a pretty good subsitute.

Sint Carnarus makes a god tier Tripel

kek

Oh and Straffe Hendrik Quad is fucking amazing too

Bump

>Tripel Karmeliet
My man!
But as the best Belgian beer I have to go with Gulden Draak. That's life in a bottle.

Rule of thumb: Depends on how good the beer is. Better beers can usually be served slightly warmer, since serving it cold hides more off-flavours.
Lagers though, I prefer cold.

I'll get a bottle next time I go beer shopping. It better be good faggot.

best german beer?

there is generally a negative correlation between how old a brewery is and how good the beer is

orval by far

I read a lot of different opinion about this beer. For some it's a masterpiece, for others it's mediocre.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweisse

Which one guy?

Also how many Belgians are there in this thread right now,?

Nice selection you got there. I would suggest to try duvel first to get an idea of what a typical belgiam taste like

Anyone else here prefer the Rochefort to the St. Bernandus Abt 12? Or is it just me?

start with the Duvel, then chimay then either of the last two

>Anyone else here prefer the Rochefort to the St. Bernandus Abt 12? Or is it just me?
the rochefort is actually usually hyped up more here on Veeky Forums

I'm with you on the Rochefort, but would prefer Westvleteren, of the trappists. Had a La Trappe Quadrupel once which really restored my faith in them.

The blue cap is a fine Chimay, but the red cap is classic Belgian.

Westvleteren XII, and it isn't close.

It's almost too spiced. Almost.

shit's discusting. Literally couldn't finish it even though it was a dollar.

This stuff's ok. 6/10. Gets the job done but is a little too hoppy for my tastes. Theres a sweetness behind it all which I liked, but I got tired of the hops after a few beers.

idk y its sideways. phones drunker than me i guess

Bumping for interest

Rochefort 10 is better then 12. Also, its kinda cliche, but Westvleteren 12 is really good.

More people have been to In Der Vrede than I expected on Veeky Forums lol

>rochefort 12
wat

I think Bernardus 12 is better than Rochefort 10, though.

not belgian but living there.

Rochefort Trappistes 6 and Westmalle Dubbel are my favorites.

Cantillon's Kriek was surprisingly good.

I also like the ones by the Brussels beer Project and the by Brasserie de la Senne.

I had their saison and wasn't overly impressed (though it might just be that I'm not familiar enough with the style). I'll have to try some more of their stuff.

So i'm gonna be in Nebraska next week, any beer I should try and find?

that was my 1st corked n caged belgian

loved it have to go back to it soon

black lucifer

need to take a Belgian holiday pretty soon love so many of em

Got me missing Belgium now.

I fucking love the regular lucifer and really everything the het de anker brewery produces, never seen the black lucifer anywhere near me though

The Gouden Carolus is probably my favorite Belgian produced Tripel

I think their barleywine is probably their best offering but weyerbacher doesn't make anything truly poor. Their latest anniversary stout is worth trying as well

If you like dark/strong ales it will be extremely hard to be disappointed in it. Smells fantastic and works great as a dessert beer or on its own.

Oh shit is this a new release? Guess I have to wait for it to show up in my local. At least they finally got more EMJ

Live very close to the Belgian border.
There are too many great beers to remember them all and the ones already mentioned are great, besides those try pic related, Saint Kristoffel, Leffe triple, ruby colored beers

I have leffe triple in my fridge right now. What am I in for?

Between St. Bernardus and Rochefort 10, I'd go with Rochefort. It's a bit more fruity and sweeter.

But damn, those two are close. It's a shame that Rochefort is extremely expensive here, so I end up only drinking St Bernardus.

Another great option is Orvall. It's a really different kind of beer. I don't think there are other brewers that do the same thing.

>tfw finally a beer thread without Americans shilling their shitty IPAs

But the only non-American beers I can buy locally are Heineken and Stella, therefore the only people who like non-American beers are just confused anti-American yuppies who don't know that we have the new craft beer now here in random flyover state #34 (at least we're not the south!)

Yeah, I named belgian beers because these threads are always flooded with all those damn ipas

Save it for a sunny afternoon after a hard days work or exercise before dinner.
Take your time with it to enjoy it, it will go down pleasantly with a rich yet soft bubbly smooth beer, the hop flavor will have nothing even slightly disagreeable about it, you won't notice that it packs quite a punch until you stand and walk to get another.

Plenty of IPA is great, stop wining about people liking good beer

Even in fucking Alabama, Belgian beer is decently available, there is no where in America where European beer is rare
Also, where in flyover is craft beer supposedly new? If anything its newest to the East coast and southeast, but its pretty well established everywhere besides the deep south

Enjoying this Wild Beer Evolver atm.

Best IPA I've had in a while. An underrated beer. Nice pinapple on the nose and quite funky.

Found the defensive flyover
>Also, where in flyover is craft beer supposedly new
Look at any thread about "the new craft beer", the way flyovers talk about it, if you drink anything other than 11% alcohol sugar syrup soaked in oak chips, you're stuck in the year 2015

>Look at any thread about "the new craft beer"
am I supposed to search for it?
Hard to blame people for correcting you when you are wrong, I guess you could consider that defensive but kind of a stretch but what else do you expect when you say dumb things?

No, just lurk a while. It's a recurring theme in all Veeky Forums beer discussions. Also, "at least we're not the south" and "if you have an opinion that differs from mine you: (pick one)

>must be a religious maniac from {pick a religion I'm butthurt about}
>must be European and have literally never set foot in America
>must be from California and have literally never set foot in Wisconsin (for some reason flyovers think the US is comprised of two states, Wisconsin and California)
>must be trolling and/or insane
>must hate America

Oh and also, if you like balanced beers it's because of California IPA. Like the only ridiculous unbalanced novelty beers on the market are IPAs, and not just that but they are from California

What are you even talking about? Beer threads are nothing like that. Though it is true that unbalanced west coast style IPA is what gave IPA a bad name to the anti-IPA kids like you

Honestly, at this rate the only people who are ignorant/hateful of craft beer are either autistic neets who think that people just drink to appear cool or actual hicks who are scared of anything that might be associated with a 'nu-male'.