Where my keto brahs at?

where my keto brahs at?

share what you ate yesterday

>breakfast:
ya boy don't fuck with breakfast
>lunch
feeling lazy, spread some cream cheese on some smoked salmon and rolled the fuckers up. Was delicious.
>Dinner
Porterhouse steak seasoned with salt and pepper (anything else is nigger tier), fried egg and cauliflower mash made with a very nice cheddar and eh parmesan

>snacks
almonds

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=ketogenic peer reviewed articles
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28444290
ruled.me/the-ketogenic-diet-and-cholesterol/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
uib.no/en/node/103172
healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
health.usnews.com/best-diet/best-diets-overall
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this satire?,
how can anyone with half a brain think this is good for your health.

lmgtfy.com/?q=ketogenic peer reviewed articles

People that are in search of a magic bullet to fix their obesity or a scapegoat for their health problems are often willing to discard any rational thought.

Everyone knows deep down inside: exercise more, eat less. But that takes effort, and it's not the fun new diet that everyone is doing! Logic goes out the window.

Whatever, i'll continue to mainly eat vegetables, fruits and starchy food, i'm not clogging up my arteries with excess fat.
All the articles in the world won't make me think this is a retarded diet ripped straight out of a south park episode.

>no no no science is wrong and I'm right
I bet you think vaccines cause autism too

Willful ignorance is always a sad thing.

I agree with you that the keto diet is silly, but you gotta educate yourself man. Believing shit like "clogging up my arteries with excess fat" and refusing to even learn about things is only hurting you in the long run.

Who said anything about science being wrong? Eating less and exercising more are as scientific as it gets.

>>vaccines cause autism too
die in a fire

>i'll continue to mainly eat starchy food
>i'm not clogging up my arteries with excess fat

Lol.

Just because you're wrong it doesn't mean you have to get upset about it

>he thinks starchy carbs are fats
Retard.

>Retard.

Says the person who believes in the lipid hypothesis and doesn't understand atherosclerosis at all. I'll give you a hint: "clogged arteries" is bullshit.

That's not what I stated.
Retard.

Okay bro, no need to get so angry.

This is up there with veganism.

Good god I hate it when mouth breathing retards show up in literally any diet thread spouting bullshit with no sources whatsoever.

>herrrrr diz is stoooopiiid!!!
>no i cant tell u why because i dun understand!!!

>day 4 of Keto
>tired as fuck, heart palpitations
>no appetite
>do some reading, may have an electrolyte deficiency since I've had to drink fuckloads
>mix a teaspoon of pink salt into a shot glass of water, down it
That was a hour ago and now I'm completely fine. I've already lost 3kg, but my stomach is almost totally flat (haven't seen that since I was a child).
It's absurd how much fat I have to eat everyday just to have enough energy.

People who understand atherosclerosis:
People who don't understand atherosclerosis: The European Atherosclerosis Society
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28444290

good try, but what you linked has absolutely nothing to do with ketosis. Read this study.
ruled.me/the-ketogenic-diet-and-cholesterol/

Diets high in saturated fat, including ketogenic diets, raise LDL cholesterol. High LDL cholesterol causes atherosclerosis

To date, the healthiest arteries in any population were found in the Tsimane tribe, who have, on average, low cholesterol (150), low HDL (38), low LDL (80-90), moderately high fasting triglycerides (106), and consume a diet of approximately 72% carbohydrate.

>Read this study.
That is not a study, it is a blog post regurgitating tired old pseudoscience that contradicts current expert understanding and scientific consensus.

Is this a quick weight loss diet or a long time diet, like a life style kinda thing?
I mean like is recommended for someone who does a lot of exercise on a daily basis?
It sounds really unbalanced compared to the classical food recommendations, so I wondered.
Honest question, not trying to start shit.

You lose weight rapidly, but some people chose to stay on it as a lifestyle after reaching their goal

keto should be used if you're trying to shed off a small remainder of bodyfat, because it gets harder to lose as you get closer to having visible abs. if you're a normal fatfuck, then just doing a caloric deficit and exercising regularly will work fine. keep it simple until you know what you're doing.

wow i sure am glad I'm at a healthy weight so I don't have to resort to meme diets

>keep it simple until you know what you're doing
That's really good advice, thanks user

>how can anyone with half a brain think this is good for your health.
People with half a brain thinking it isn't explains why they just have half a brain.
>i'm not clogging up my arteries with excess fat.
But you are just clogging your head with memes.
>regurgitating tired old pseudoscience that contradicts current expert understanding and scientific consensus.
>This level of not reading, not researching and projecting
>Contrary to popular belief, consuming a higher amount of fat (about 35 per cent of energy) is associated with a lower risk of death compared to lower intakes. However, a diet high in carbohydrates (of more than 60 per cent of energy) is related to higher mortality, although not with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
>The research on dietary fats found that they are not associated with major cardiovascular disease, but higher fat consumption was associated with lower mortality; this was seen for all major types of fats (saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and mono unsaturated fats), with saturated fats being associated with lower stroke risk. The researchers point out that, while this may appear surprising to some, these new results are consistent with several observational studies and randomized controlled trials conducted in Western countries during the last two decades.
>The large new study, when viewed in the context of most previous studies, questions the conventional beliefs about dietary fats and clinical outcomes, says Mahshid Dehghan, the lead author for the study and an investigator at PHRI.
>sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
>(cont.)

>(cont.)
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>uib.no/en/node/103172
>healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
>bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

I've been doing it for years because I'm a type 1 diabetic and it helps me control my blood sugar. However, all my health metrics have improved besides blood glucose levels: lower hear trate, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, body fat, and I haven't had a new cavity since then. All of these issues are compounded by high blood sugars, but I like to think it goes beyond that. I don't know though. As far as the exercise goes, I'm a reasonably active guy, jogging on average 5 miles a day, lifting 3x a week and I feel energetic enough.

It's become a memey fad diet to some, though medically ketosis has always been a viable metabolic pathway for humans. Mostly, it goes against the grain of the basic diet the agricultural system has been built up around for the last few hundred years (which has been in hyperdrive since the 20th century). You see a lot of obese people doing it for weight loss diets, people doing it for medical conditions and a smattering of endurance athletes doing it for some performance gains.

There's actually a fair chance of developing gallstones losing a significant amount of body fat on a calorie restricted high-carbohydrate diet. There is no known long-term medical side effect for a calorie restricted ketogenic diet. All types of diets are slow to lose body fat when a person is very close to their ideal weight. When functioning correctly, biological systems have a natural tendency to slow down as they approach equilibrium. Fast changes usually indicate something is or was very wrong with the system.

Shut up you assblasted fatty. It's perfectly normal for people to alter their diets.
Starving yourself and overexercising has left you as a miserable dumbfuck who doesn't get that keto is a scientifically backed diet that works and is better than most diets that recommend carb intake.

I'm not going to sugar coat this, you sound like a brain damaged retard

It's worked for me, unlike any other diet I've ever tried. I've lost 30lbs and reversed my type-2 diabetes. My A1C went from 10 to 5.4 in the last six months, blood glucose levels from a nearly constant 400+ to a perfectly normal 70-140 depending on when-and-what I ate last.

Except not retarded and with good results. Plus, you get to eat all the bacon you want.

Their study didn't control carbohydrate intake. Yeah, if you it a ton of deep-fried panko batter, you'll clog your arteries, go figure. If you eat a ton of lard and zero carbs, you'll be fine. I wonder what the difference could be, hmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . .

Keto diet doesn't mean eat 10,000 calories a day in fats and remain sedentary. You can and should combine keto with calorie restriction and exercise.

I went through one of those days too, though not with those exact symptoms and yeah, adding the bit of salt did wonders.

Carlos pls go

yep 2 things to buy before you go on keto, nu-salt (potassium) and sea salt. I hate over salting my food so I just begin the day with a teaspoon of salt in water.

Can I still drink?

Depends.

Drinking will be very hard on your liver while you're in ketosis because it does a lot more work to produce ketones. If you are going to drink, be sure to "kick yourself out" a few hours prior by eating at least 70g in carbs for a meal.

I tend to incorporate drinking into cheat days. highly recommend doing it this way

Oh, I didn't know you could have cheat days on keto. Wouldn't that put you out of ketosis?

>exercise more, eat less
right, which is the same principle behind keto except you're eating more vegetables and meat and less processed carbs. as a short term diet, keto is ideal. any good doctor recommends it as long as you can afford it.

long term keto is fucking stupid as hell tho

Another user, a cheat day would kick you out, but iirc the body has an easier time going back into ketosis once you're keto-adapted, you'll still fuck up a few days of dieting.

Just don't make it a habit, I'm about a month into my current diet and have yet to have a cheat meal/day, during which you should by all means track your intakes, otoh I only really drink on holidays.

>long term keto is fucking stupid as hell tho
Why?

health.usnews.com/best-diet/best-diets-overall

Keto doesn't work for one.

Nah. Keto works pretty well.

Lol

why are there all these diets that are essentially abusing the body's natural processes?

don't you think we should just eat... normal?

as in try your best to get full with staple grains, pray to god you get some butter or meat or cheese, then fill in the rest of the meal with plants you found in the swamp?

the issue is human self control in relation to availability, not the body. the body is not at fault

>abusing
if the end result is a healthier body, how is it abuse?
>normal
no such thing

Yesterday
>breakfast
duck egg frittata w/asparagus and goat cheese
>lunch
duck confit w/ salad lyonnaise (parmesan crisp croutons)
>dinner (mostly just snacking)
fathead crackers w/ duck rillettes, lamb chopper cheese, almonds, blackberries
>dessert
Milkshake (1/4 pint of halo top choco banana blended with heavy cream & pinch of xanthan gum)

I've been on a duck kick lately since I found a grocery nearby with tons of inexpensive fresh duck and duck products. I'll buy a dozen duck legs and make a big batch of confit so I have amazing lunches for weeks and I'll make a big batch of rillettes so I have a fatty delicious snack food. And duck eggs not only are more flavorful but they're more nutritious as well.

Thank you, you're a nice user

Tonight's dinner. I could eat duck confit w lyonnaise salad every single day and not get tired of it.

Yes I know that's not frisée. It's endive greens which is as close as I can find in my area.