How long and how hot should my oven be?

So I've got two beef patties that we didn't cook last night and I was going to make myself burgers for lunch, but we don't have buns, so I'm going to make some sausage/meatballs instead in the toaster oven. Now I've done this before, but only in large batches. How long should I put them in the toaster oven for, and what temp?

A run down of what I'm going to do for the balls. smother the beef in a bowl with Bisquick, cinnamon, cut up cheese, celery salt, pepper, MAYBE maple syrup, and I'm going to roll them into little silver dollar sized balls. I've done this before in large batches with sausage, but I'm got beef so I'm adding the cinnamon to make it close enough, maybe a flick of chili flake.

I have no idea why you want to do this in a toaster oven instead of just cooking them in a pan.

Cooking settings would be no different than for large batches. If it were me I'd set the oven for 400F and would keep checking on them with a thermometer until they are done. Nothing worse than overcooked sausage or meatballs. Serve when the interior hits 165F. How long that takes depends on the size of the meatballs (which you didn't specify). Obviously big fat ones will take longer to cook than small ones.

I'm just doing the toaster oven because my real oven is broke and I've just always used the oven I guess, the size would be as round as the circle you make when you touch the tip of your pointer finger to the point of your thumb, so sort of bigger but not huge.

Also, if these things are going to be coated in Bisquick in and out, wouldn't that make a pan a bad choice to cook them?

Ok, i got them in for 15 mins on 400, I'm going to probably do 15 mins at a time until I can tell they're done, would estimate 45 minutes because they're about an inch and a half around

>>coated in bisquick
What the fuck sort of flyover shit are you trying to make? Meatballs coated in biscuit dough? I honestly don't follow.

Assuming no coating and the size you mentioned they'll probably be done in about 20 min. 45 min sounds insane, unless there is some kind of a thick layer around the outside?

I don't hav any response to the bisquick partt other than that's how my family's done sausage balls as long as I could remember, the only coating was some oil spray to add a crisp crunch, we do that to anything we put n the oven that isn't brisket or something that's meant to be dry. I'll try 5 mins when i put them back in though so that it will come out to about 20, thanks for the advice.

Are you just using the bisquick powder only? Like a flour coating?

Or are you mixing up the bisquick into a batter and then coating them in that? I'm trying to figure out how much thickness you are adding to the meatballs so I can comment on cooking time.

I laid the beef into a bowl of Bisquick and other spices and then mixed it in the beef by grabbing and pulling it in the mix like Playdough. This is them after 15 mins, still WAY too soft so I did 10 more mins.

Funny, my mom just made a batch of these today. I snapped a pic of her recipe book that should help.

Sausage balls my man. They're a classic Southern hors d'oeuvre. A mixture of loose spicy sausage, Bisquick, and shredded cheddar cheese.

They look done enough I'd say, and ayy someone else knows the recipe! We usually use a mix of all the jimmy deans sausage for ours to get some spicy and some less spicy, it's a tradition to make a fuck load each christmas but we'll see how these came out since I used burger beef instead of sausage. I'm going to let them sit for about 10-20 mins and give them a taste.

Yours look much meatier than the ones my family makes. I think we put a bigger emphasis on the cheese and Bisquick, resulting in a dense biscuit-like consistency. They're a Christmas tradition for us too.

We usually take a cinder block sized block of cheddar and a flatscreen tv box worth of Bisquick, but this was probably just 14oz of Bisquick and some diced cheese curds to make 12 balls.

Nice. Here's a pic of the ones my mom just made today, just for posterity. I split one open so the interior consistency is showing. Like I said, much more biscuity.

Those look great, real puffy, definitely more biscuity then ours, we make ours slightly less biscuity but use more oil to make them crunchy on the outside.

I'm tasting mine now and I could have used a lot more cinnamon, probably some cumin and things to give it more tang and spice, they're a tad bit plan because they don't have the bite sausage has, but they're aren't bad at all, the cheese definitely makes up for those parts since it was blockier than shredded cheese.

I figured it was some kind of cringe-tier shit.

Try this recipe, I think it's right up your alley.

damn I love these sausage balls too. I tried making taco ones with ground beef and taco seasoning, but the beef ended up dry and flavorless instead of greasy and tacoy. any idea what I can do to fix it?

Use fattier meat, or mix in some bacon grease.

Maybe try 80/20 with some diced onions and green peppers to grease it u, not to mention chili powder.

I thought I was using 80/20 before but maybe not. I think next time I make tacos I will save the orange grease and combine that with the ground beef when I try to make taco balls again.

if you fry up some onions and some bacon maybe that will make plenty of grease for you and you can put the stuff in the balls, onions sweat up a shit ton, just pick the right meat for the right grease, taco grease will work to, I'm only saying if you want something more fresh is all.

I know you're averse to trying new things, and to be fair there's a lot of shit recipes out there like what you posted, but sausage balls aren't one of them. They're actually quite good.

> hfw user has such an ego he'll never know how good Cheat frozen sausage patties taste on cheap frozen generic eggo waffles and cheap aunt jemimah syrup in the morning

Fennel, sage, and red pepper are usually the spices that give sausage it's bite.