Have you ever been offended by food before?

Have you ever been offended by food before?

The only time I can honestly imagine being offended by food was when I went to a Parkers gas station and got some cantaloupe in a plastic container. I didn't have a fork so I had to eat it with my hands and after my second piece I realized how incredibly sweet the cantaloupe was and how artificial it tasted. I looked down at my fingers and they were covered in an orange slime and color that didn't come off for two days. It was as if they coated the fruit in a flavor dusting in order to make it more acceptable for my dumb American palate.

I should have known better than to do get fruit at a fucking gas station though..

bump for curiosity

That sounds more like you were disgusted than offended. I honestly can't see how you would be offended by food unless you're a liberal whining about cultural appropriation.

Pic related offended me when in-laws in Wisconsin ordered it. Didn't let it show, though, because I didn't want to offend them.

Is that a pizza with tater tots and cheese on it? what's wrong with that? are you from new york or something?

Someone smeared wasabi in my eye. I was offended by their actions and by the sensation of the wasabi. Now I won't eat wasabi.

>are you from new york or something?
Yes. And it has ranch dressing instead of tomato sauce.

wow ok, i can feel your pain now with the ranch dressing, that is horrible

>Have you ever been offended by food before?

I'm a vegan. I try not to be offended, but it's gotten to a point where I look at a person eating meat and I want to scream and claw that man.

Why do meat eaters have to show off their happiness all the time?

It's not happiness from the death of the animal. It's their enjoyment of flavour. Cunt stop acting like people get off on the thought of slaughter.

I know the feeling veganbro. Whenever I see someone eat something other than flesh (or if I see someone take a normal bowel movement) I lose my place is space and time to the anger inside.

It was a thick crust topped with ranch sauce, mozzarella cheese, tater tots, bacon, scallions and nacho cheese. Watching my heavyset BiL pour more ranch over a slice before eating it I died a little inside.

How often do you watch people have bowel movements?

>really old dough
>rotten raw chicken
>dream where I ate my dead goldfish
>well-done steak with cold ketchup
brb vomiting

OMFG, that is the worst piece of shit I have ever seen, and cannot be called pizza. Nacho cheese and tater tots are not real food...for fucks sakes, use real cheese and potatoes if you want, but stop using all this processed shit already. Why do you think people are fucking obese in the US? Your in-laws should be slapped hard.

I once order a Maker's Manhattan, the guy asked if i wanted dry or sweet vermouth.

I was at first very confused, but after 4-5 years I still vividly recall it and get annoyed.

Not American?

On this note, margaritas served without salt on the rim

>Your in-laws should be slapped hard.
Nope. It isn't them. It's the food culture they live in. This is a regional chain the locals are actually proud of. Don't forget many of the companies that make these awful products are based there. Saying tater tots, ranch dressing and nacho cheese is disgusting would be like mocking Jesus in the South. They'd think you were trying to be an edgelord or some shit like that. I just kept my mouth shut and watched in horror.

>gas station packaged fruit

shit lad that's close to gas station sushi on the list to never eat

>Saying tater tots, ranch dressing and nacho cheese is disgusting would be like mocking Jesus in the South.

and also simply not true, these things can all be enjoyable

I went to a KFC in China one time and was served a fried creature with four legs. Now, maybe this was some kind of miraculous communist four-legged chicken, but I'm inclined to think it was a rat.

Don't charge me for chicken and serve me a rat, you goddamn yellow bastards.

Wow. They made a better choice than your normal shitty greasy high protein flour coated pizza that you normally get, and you get offended.
>Typical.

>Poo in the Loo detected

I ordered a Caesar Salad from a pizza place once.

I got a box of lettuce covered in 26 black olives and a hardboiled egg

Picture for proof. Forgot about the croutons.

Nearly my entire day is about bowel movement monitoring. I'm a bowel spotter. We have those in England.

Jar of pickled gherkins, imported from Poland. They had dirt ground into them. I scrubbed them vigorously but still got sandy grit or something in my teeth. Had to flush them down the toilet in the end.

Mate gave me a piece of cake that he baked. He wasn't having any, and when I got into it, it had obviously been dropped on a very dirty floor. Had a couple of mouthfuls for show, then said I'd finish it at home. Went home and binned it.

Different mate served me chicken and cous cous. Chicken was so underdone the whole thing was swimming in greasy chicken blood. Refused to eat it, told him not to but he did.

Plastic pot of Tesco ground white pepper. It had holes in the top for sprinkling (after peeling off a sticker) but when I started sprinkling it over my stir fry, the top came off, and the entire lot went all over my food. Meal ruined.

I've been on a really stupid question to find good fish and chips in the US, and it's usually complete garbage. Generally it's like Gorton's tier stuff, and this would be alright if it weren't for fish and chips being like $16 fucking bucks minimum everywhere. How do you have the audacity to charge for that afterthought shit? Am I the idiot? I probably am, but it never ceases to piss me off.

*really stupid quest

>Am I the idiot?
Yep. Just do it yourself. Fish and chips is fucking easy to make. Make batter. Dip fish. Deep fry.

I could, and I have. It's more about actually finding a place that does it well though.

I had a Reuben sandwich all me a antisemite once.

visit wisconsin, every bar that has food does a fish fry on fridays. some are quite good at it.

Where in WI are you bro?
Madtown reporting

milwaukee, i lived in madison for 6 years.

i miss jolly bob's jerk joint a lot. their conch fritters were amazing.

I knocked out the host at a party because he served me a dish cooked in bacon fat and didn't tell me

I was swirling on an Icee one time (ok more than once) and I took a large drink and it made my right eyeball hurt so bad! I was beyond offended!

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?

especially tater tots when made in-house and with fresh quality ingredients.

when i was about 8 i was sleeping over at a friend's house and his mum was making pasta for dinner
at the table i was presented with some al dente spaghetti with a healthy coating of ketchup
that was the one time i felt legitimately offended by a meal

Ah, egg noodles with ketchup.

I went to a soul food restaurant once in new orleans, this place was legit a successful expensive place

They had a window to the back and basically all of the kitchen staff was white

I nearly fucking walked out but the food was preddy good in the end

That's like 32 olives though

I went to a chinese buffet in the hood that proudly accepted EBT.

It was obvious the food was more than a month old and basically everything was microwaved. I cannot recall any other time I actively felt nauseous from food

Someone made grape jelly meatballs for me.

I live in Pennsylvania, and a delivery diner nearby had some quality fish and chips for like $6.50.
Two huge filets of fried, battered fish and an absolutely stupid amount of thick-cut fries.

I think they've recently become an alcohol distributor, which is a real shame. They had great typical diner food.

california has tons of great fish and chip on the coast

as long as you dont go too far north, or youll find the new age joints that serve it with avocado and similar fuckery

Never had it but have heard of it. Would try.

yea.
>go to pf changs, the local china bistro
>order general tso's chicken
>tell them about my peanut allergy, I could die
>food comes out, there are crunched up peanuts on top of my food
>waiter puts food down in front of me then leaves really quickly so I couldnt yell at him
never going back to that place.

buy COLES brand cinamon, cause packet said
>INGREDIENTS: cinamon
and nothing else!

get home and try it, seems kinda sweet
try it again later in week, still seems kinda sweet(maybe i'm imagining it?!?!?!)
try it again next week, taste sugar granules.
>check some cinamon on a piece of paper and spread it out, SUGAR GRANULES!!!!!!!!

I'm vegetarian and offered to some degree by all lookalike meat substitutes. I know what meat is and am perfectly capable of eating it, there is no need to put breadcrumbs on some tofu, nobody wants that.

>pf changs, the local china bistro

They put breadcrumbs on it because your feeble vegetarian brain gets confused. You're one of the lucky ones that managed to get semidecent brainmatter