Dindin with Reddit

Why does Veeky Forums hate this guy? I was along with the hate train until I watched a few videos and realized "Oh, this is just an average cooking channel with some nice presentation".
I thought it had something to do with the clickbait pop culture recipes he does, but even then he'll usually make what his video is referencing and then go back and make a better original recipe.
Really the only thing left to hate about is his patreon e-begging.

This is unfortunate

>oliver "please donate to my patreon goys" babish

Don't all youtubers do that?
Take Ian McCollum for example.
Veeky Forums (/k/, but you get the point) still loves him.

God I hate people's attitude towards patreon; like the shit he puts out is still free if some other losers want to give him money why is it a problem?

It's like that Supreme Gentleman kid rage. It's only a boy in a over-sized suit just talking.

yes but ian actually makes good content and you'd learn something from him. Babish would have you making stews with carlo rossi

>he doesn't do it for free

>Why does Veeky Forums hate this guy?
It's actually the stray /pol/ idiots that hate this guy, because neo-conservatives hate capitalism.

I like Babish. Short, simple, well edited, good presentation. Good videos to watch while Im pooping. The Patreon thing is just par for the course on youtube now.

>I was along with the hate train
>until I watched a few videos
This is what sets you slightly above the average idiot. You actually watched a few videos, and you were capable of independent thought and changing your preconceived mind.

>why does Veeky Forums hate this guy that has been shilled relentlessly for months

>neo-conservatives hate capitalism

>Oliver "hey guys if you think my work is good enough to pay me for, here's how, but if not, no worries" Babish.

Truly the great evil of our times.

How dare he give you stuff for free.

>he can't tell shilling from bait

You think he pulls out those ingredients from his ass or something?

I mean the guys trying to make money, how can you hate him for that? He's still putting his show out for free, isn't forcing anyone to pay, just wants some cash (like all of us)

Are his videos monetized?
I think part of the reason why I hate seeing Patreons posted is because a lot of those faggots double-dip. They're already making money from
having views and subscribes, the Patreons just make them greedy cunts who don't feel like using their monetization money to pay for anything.

>cooking channels
>reviewers
>newscasts

it's all a fucking waste of time. takes me ten seconds to read a cookbook, or a movie summary, or a news report

I don't need to watch inefficient idiots deliver information in a tedious manner.

its fucking optional you cunt. if he started putting his videos behind a paywall I could see why you would complain.

So hes only entitled to try and make a certain amount of money? If he tries to make more money than you arbitrarily deem fit than hes greedy?

>he's already getting paid by someone other than me
>how dare he leave the option for me to pay him if I want to

He's entitled to the money he's agreed with Youtube to make from ads.
Begging people to give him free dollars does, indeed, make him and anyone else who does that very greedy. Wanna explain why you're defensive?

Lord, I lift up Veeky Forums to You, may You heal their perpetual butthurt.

I pray for Babish, Lord God, may You PROSPER him and his channel, all the while opening new doors for him in the way that only You can. Grant his Patreon financial stability, Lord.

I pray for Chef John, may You prosper him in the very same way.

I ask for these things and thank you in JESUS'S Holy Precious Name.

Amen.

>Why does Veeky Forums hate this guy?
We don't, some of us just thought people shilled him a bit much recently.
>I was along with the hate train until I watched
Why were you along with an imaginary hate train for a show you hand't watched?

i might be convinced to watch a cooking channel if it was a naked girl and for some reason she sat on whatever she cooked after it was done.

Cake? Burning hot oily bacon that sends you to the hospital? i'd watch it all

Not defensive just completely baffled out how you can be upset with someone for trying to make money.

Patreon is indeed an organized form of begging but its a norm. Think of it from his perspective, if he didn't open a patreon he would literally be throwing money away.

>all buskers are greedy
>all charities are greedy
>Uber and Lyft drivers are not taking a second job upon themselves, they're just greedy
It's a fucking tip jar, you cunt. That's all Patreon is. You don't want to tip, don't tip. I don't tip. I'm happy to get all of Babish's standard content without giving him a dime for it, just like you. But I don't get my panties in a twist because there's a tip jar on the counter.

Jesus Christ, you're such a pathetic excuse for a human being.

>how you can be upset
What makes you think I'm upset? I'm just stating a fact that IF his videos are monetized, then every single viewer is already putting money into his pocket because that's the way Youtube works.
>Patreon is indeed an organized form of begging but its a norm
Well if you admit this then why are you coming at me for? C'mon man, you know it's true.

>It's a fucking tip jar
Do employees at any establishment frequently beg you for the tip?
It's not a tip jar.

Why are you so defensive???

>Do employees at any establishment frequently beg you for the tip?
What do you think having a tip jar on the counter, right next to the register, sometimes stuck where you can barely buy something without brushing it is? How stupid are you?

>It's not a tip jar.
Yeah, it is.

>Why are you so defensive???
I'm the second user you've called defensive. Clearly this is (amusingly) a defense mechanism for you. I'm not being defensive. I'm being actively offensive, because your indignant idiocy offends my sensibilities.

You fucking retard.

>why don't people been over backwards to enjoy the things I do!!!??!?!
,':^(

>not allowed to enjoy purely entertaining content

>Well if you admit this then why are you >coming at me for? C'mon man, you know it's >true.

uhh yeah i know its true, thats why I said it. I dont think there is anything wrong with it either.

>Do employees at any establishment >frequently beg you for the tip?

He mentions his patreon at the end of the video for like 15 seconds, and than says thanks to those who do decide to give him money. You act like his videos are nothing but him sitting there begging you to give him money

Holy shit dude you're a fucking spaz. Kill yourself before you get any more assblasted.

A tip jar has no voice, bells and whistles, and no pretense that you have to put money in it.
No sane service employee would ever ask a customer to tip because then they wouldn't get one, because it would be seen as greedy and presumptive behavior about the quality of service rendered.

Your tip jar analogy is a complete fail, and you're awful upset that I won't agree with it.

>You act like his videos are nothing but him sitting there begging you to give him money

15 seconds of begging is still 15 seconds of begging.
I've also never implied his videos are all begging, just that what he's doing is a double-dip opportunity to get more money from people who've technically already given him it.

>I don't like this thing.
>Uhhhhh, that's wrong you fucking retard you need to list out every reason you have for not liking this thing and you need to explain every point and provide sources.
>Nah, I just don't like it. It doesn't appeal to me.
>WHAT THE FUCK YOU STUPID RETARD WHY DON'T YOU LIKE THE THINGS I LIKE REEEEEEE

HRRRRR REDDIT LIKE HIM HE BAD

Reddit is a fucking website
That's it
I wish everyone would stop the I HATE REDDIT XD meme it's a goddamn website it's not like you're a superior being because you prefer Veeky Forums to reddit
>Inb4 go back 2 reddit
Seriously you're just bitching about people using a different website than you stop being such a child and grow up

Go back 2 Reddit dumbass.

>Being this bad at pushing buttons

Wew lad I'm livid, absolutely LIVID man
You did something that you was told not to do on the internet, please stand up and take a bow for being a total rebel without a cause.

>neo-conservatives hate capitalism
holy shit you could not be more wrong

Implying everyone here doesn't go to reddit daily......

>Capitalism is great!
>...except for when somebody asks some money for his honest work
>then he's a jew.
>not the ones sitting on their money wanting shit for free.
In a nutshell.

>He still falls for the anti-Reddit meme
>He still believes Veeky Forums isn't the sincerely worst website that he should avoid.