Hey Veeky Forums, it's time for a cook-a-long!

Hey Veeky Forums, it's time for a cook-a-long!

Tonight we'll be making french onion soup. I'm not much a french cook but my grammy grew up in the French countrysides and I learned this from her.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TwGBt3V0yvc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First we cut the ends off...

...then we quarter this fucker.

Don't cut off both ends of the onion, for christ sake.

gotta wait for the water to boil!

y tho

Gonna be a long thread.

Every fucking time..

youtube.com/watch?v=TwGBt3V0yvc

alright alright time to add the onion!
i am so excited!!

y. Control, speed and efficiency.

You don't remove the outer layer?

>i am so excited!!
why

i didnt have any chicken broth on hand but this ramen pack should do just the trick

This is like keeping the nippleskin on nipples when you fry them. What the hell are you doing? This will end in livestock sexual assault.

I'm gonna take a wet dump and post it here. This is a general thread if I've ever seen it. Lets all urinate together.

>onion skins

Motherfucker thinks there's only one right way to cut an onion
Even if you can get the end result the same

you have to bring it to a firm boil or else the onion wont saturate

i usually let it simmer about 10 minutes

I'm peeing

I made french onion soup tonight too

this has a really good color to it, im happy

op here
make ur own fucking thread idiot this is my thread also why did u remove the skin what are u a retard

woah friend calm down with a fresh cup of my soup

it'll be just a minute i have to put the finishing touch on it

I'm not about to shit up the board with another french onion soup thread when mine was way better anyway

i didn't have any french cheese so i subbed in some swiss

I think I may be retarded

Is this guy really antagonizing himself so he feels motivated to post his soup?

Babby tier shit.
Get gud.
That shit is for amateurs.

Im much more interested in yours.
OP is a sloppy cook at best, more likely a trolling attempt. Only one onion, skins plus raman packet, its looking like a very thinly veiled "joke".

fromaging it!

>fromaging it!
>cheesing it!
wut?

the lighter didnt work and i kept burning my hand so here goes 10 seconds in the microwave

Onions butter salt and pepper. On medium I constantly stir as I add onions by the handful slowly to maintain temp. Once all are in reduce to a simmer

Thyme. If I could go back I would have used a bit less, let the onion shine more. Still was good.

Good cheese

oh yea looking good!

Takes at least 45 minutes to carmelize, I do it a bit longer

MMmmmmmm!

A bunch of my pics are too big and I dont feel like resizing but here is the finished product

next time cut the onions vertically, going with the grain like in pic related. the idea behind that is that it prevents excess sulfates from leaching out. Also did you add liquid? you want the onions to caramelize so don't add liquid too early. If the liquid is from the onion then use a bigger pan next time and don't overcrowd it so the liquid has the chance to evaporate quicker.

it was pretty good! i was really happy with how this turned out!

hope your soups all go just as well!

what the fuck even is that?
is this some weird double trolling topic?
this is some next level 4 dimensional shit posting

That pic is after I added beef stock, I carmelized them without liquid for about 1hr 30 min

No I'm sorry that pic is about 20 minutes simmering, I don't have any pics of the onions after carmelization

K..................KEEP ME POSTED

That's a flavoured Pisstato. Who doesn't love the acrid flavour of urine in a sauce of burnt garbage?

the soup was good you fag

aaaggghh

>using sweet onions for French onion soup

"i made a pee pee stew please love me, drown me in your piss daddy"

I made french onion with a beef demi glace for this picture. Garnished with paprika

Stop urinating in submission. We're all here for a clamshell piss fest of concentrated uric acid.

Place it in pee cups.

*tips urinal*
well pissed, my friend!
;)

>the idea behind that is that it prevents excess sulfates from leaching out.
So are you suggesting that the sulfates stay in? I mean, the excess ones. The ones that you are going to get in the soup anyways?
Or are you implying that "muh crying" can be avoided when cutting onions?

That's pretty fucking funny. Saved.

haha good post my friend. i too prefer rotting yeast and rotting milk, let us laugh at this man with different tastes as we drink our coffees collected from monkey shit

>carmelize
retard.

What the fuck happened here

[angry ribbiting]

carmel + -ize = carmelize
in some places it may be know as 'curml'