Blue cheese

I fucking love blue cheese and will eat it plain tbqh, but am wondering what you guys do with it other than just the basic
>in dressing for wings/salad
>on salad crumbled
>on/in burgers
>on potatoes w/ steak
I know it pairs well with weird stuff that you wouldn't often think of (green apples, cranberries, etc), so I'm just curious about suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

grammarphobia.com/blog/2013/12/blue-cheese.html
marmiton.org/recettes/recette_sauce-au-bleu-d-auvergne_15851.aspx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_cheese
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I usually let it sit out for 3 hours then enjoy grapes and crackers with it.

Eat it with fruits buddy.
It tastes like the heaven itself with pear and fig.

Fuck yeah, I should probably eat more garps/ I have a fig tree.
I might look at carmalizing/roasting some halved/ then stuffed figs. That might not suck, right?

Oh fuck I forgot to mention eating that shit with candied pecans, that is god tier.

I'll have to try that next time

make pennes with a cheese cream: blue cheese and parmesan.

I like to melt it into macaroni and cheese. Throw in some bacon and mushroom and that's a party in your mouth.

Its spelled bleu you uncultured pig fat american swine

I usually have it for breakfast. I put a few slices of gorgonzola on toast with butter and strawberry jam. Delicious

I just eat it on a toast with a glass of red wine

Yes I know but that's what it says on my package because I bought shitty grocery store cheese and I'm not pretentious enough to say "bleu" because I'm not worthy.

Bruh I might do this

Makes for great pasta sauce.

>dice onion
>glaze that shit in a pan
>add garlic
>add sliced mushrooms
>once the mushrooms soften but still are a bit chewy add cream
>dissolve your blue cheese in the cream
>salt, pepper to taste

Is blue cheese the real name for it or a generic name for Roquefort, gorgonzola, etc?

grammarphobia.com/blog/2013/12/blue-cheese.html

i think so but I'm also not from the US

Sauce au bleu, delicious with steacks and fries

marmiton.org/recettes/recette_sauce-au-bleu-d-auvergne_15851.aspx

You know everything you do with cheese normally? Well, I add blue to that. Even mac-in-cheese. Though, I use tri-colored rotini instead of macaroni, since the latter holds more sauce with each bite.

Don't tell anyone but, I like Chicken-in-a-Biscuit crackers with a slice of blue cheese (or other strong cheese), topped with a slice of red onion.

Blue cheese is a catch all term for those.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_cheese

>Blue cheese is a general classification of cheeses that have had cultures of the mold Penicillium added so that the final product is spotted or veined throughout with blue, or blue-grey mold and carries a distinct smell, either from that or various specially cultivated bacteria. Some blue cheeses are injected with spores before the curds form, and others have spores mixed in with the curds after they form. Blue cheeses are typically aged in a temperature-controlled environment such as a cave. Blue cheese can be eaten by itself or can be spread, crumbled or melted into or over foods.

>The characteristic flavor of blue cheeses tends to be sharp and salty. The smell of this food is due both to the mold and to types of bacteria encouraged to grow on the cheese: for example, the bacterium Brevibacterium linens is responsible for the smell of many blue cheeses,[1] as well as foot odor and other human body odors.[2]

I never smell a foot odor, just an earthy odor, with the blue cheeses I have access to in my area. The only foot odor cheese I've encountered was Limburger, but it just smelled horrid and not really like any foot I've smelled before. It also wouldn't wash off my hands for days. The sticky stuff between the skin and husk of a tomatillo smells exactly like foot odor though.

toast
butter
lime jelly
blue cheese

put it under the grill to get the cheese melted

Four cheese pizza is the best. I put it in sausage rolls too, not so much that it's strongly blue, but it just makes the pork more interesting.

I like it spread on those cracked pepper water crackers with a thin slice of granny smith apple

Blue cheese buttermilk biscuits* are amazing. I make my in cast iron.

*USA definition of biscuits.

I love you.

I love you, too.
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

Blue cheese on crackers.
It's the only way I eat it.

Dressing for wings
Burgers

That's all I've tried it with.

Try persille de rambouillet

I do the gorgonzola cheese ball each Christmas. Combine the blue cheese with softened cream cheese. Fold in some nuts, and chopped dates. Wrap up in plastic wrap into a log or ball, and chill. Roll in chopped parsley, basil, cilantro, whatever I want before serving.

When making a dip for pita chips or for dipping wings, it's the cream cheese again, with fresh garlic and sour cream. Sometimes a hint of lemon zest if I have it. That's it. It just makes the blue cheese thick without any mayo in sight like bottled dressings to taint it with weird oil flavors. If its only for chips, I might add some Krystal to the dip or pinch of cayenne.

Crumbled cheese on top of steak is glorious. It's also good in the salads served with steak, and yes has an affinity for sweet vinaigrette dressed salads, especially with fruit or nuts added. Also good on mushroom-spinach-red onion salads and Cobb salads. Marbleu can be purchased sliced thin from Boars Head at the deli for serving on burgers. It's melty and holds together well.

You can stuff dates with pecans and blue cheese, and then wrap in bacon for a sizzling appetizer with a funky delicious middle. Good with goat cheese too. To bring it up even one more notch, glaze it with some jalapeno jam after the bacon has rendered some of its funk. To add a Hispanic slant to it, try guava jam with chili flakes rather than the red jalapeno jam. To. die. for. Especially with a pitcher of sangria.

I don't do this often, but you can make crackers out of blue cheese if you have a ton of it. Just take the southern cheese wafer recipe and sub in blue cheese. Its basically 1/3rd butter, 1/3rd flour, 1/3rd cheese, rolled in log and sliced. Chopped walnuts can be rolled on edges, or a herb like thyme or rosemary.

Fuck man all that sounds delicious, writing this down for later use

>Crumbled cheese on top of steak is glorious.

Oh shit yeah, this right here. Or mash it into softened butter then chill it to make blue cheese butter pats you can melt over the steak.

I mix it with neutral soft cheese, butter and use it to stuff mini buns or croissants i bake for family. They love it

Blue cheese is not some fucking ingredient.
It's a meal in and on itself.
You only empasize and compliment its taste with various types of breads, fruits, wine/port/whisky. You don't fucking add it to your avocado sandwich.
Please don't be a philistine pleb swine.

If you really want to feel like one once in a while, it's ok to buy shit-tier blue cheese like Gorgonzola and make whatever the fuck you want with it.

Only way I eat blue cheese. My parents always did the pasta sauce like that.

>I use french words for no reason other than to appear "cultured"

I'm not that guy, but the reason I do it is because it's commonplace. Using fancy words never makes you appear cultured. That's a nonsensical idea. You use the terminology you hear and see printed around you.

This also goes really well with gorgonzola. I only make this if I have a bad hangover.

>Take out a baking sheet
>Spread frozen french fries. Preferably "Fast food style", or thinly cut.
>Drizzle hot sauce
>Crumble stinky cheese all over
>Bake
Add whatever other toppings you want. You are welcome.

As part of an antipasto with peperoncini, olives, cherry tomatoes, cold cuts like prosciutto and soppresatta.

Is liking blue cheese and just smelly cheeses in general a genetic thing? I gag just smelling blue cheese and it tasted so bad I threw up when I try it. Strong, smelly cheese is literally the only thing in the world that I cannot eat.

Am English, can confirm you are wrong and a faggot. Carry on waving the white flag surrender monkey.

D A T E S
A
T
E
S

Throw in some crusty bread, some Marcona almonds, maybe a little jamon iberico, what the fuck else do you need in life?

I only use blue cheese dressing for wings. I don't use it on anything else. It took me a while to like it because when I was a kid my dad took me up into the mountains to go hunting, but we stopped at some diner and I tried a blue cheese burger. It was awful.

Home made potato chips with blue cheese melted on top.

I like it on my pizza with pineapples

weird, but interesting

(You)

This, but with marmalade.

>stuff inside fig
>wrap fig with prosciutto

Try honey fried figs. I just got some gorgonzola and pancetta. It's a great snack. My fig tree just started to ripen.

Anyone have a good rec for a mild one that is higher quality?

Try Fourme d'Ambert, very creamy and very mild.

What store do you you guys usually visit?

I went to some beer and cheese pairing a few weeks ago, and the chef from the cheese company suggested putting their smoked blue cheese into guacamole, and it was actually really good

A creamier, ripened blue cheese like Roaring Fourties or St. Augr is an absolute knockout with good honey

>>>
> Anonymous 09/04/17(Mon)20:37:11 No.9387597 ▶
What's blue cheese?

Blue cheese and dark chocolate go together surprisingly well.

I make a sweet caramelized red onion and blue cheese quiche