Eternal /Coffee/ Thread

Coffee thread, y'all.

Post your mugs!

Other urls found in this thread:

static1.squarespace.com/static/51607875e4b0d5cb924c0f9d/568464e05a5668c115eda4c0/568464ea0e4c1155e1f33da3/1451523163897/4 coarsegrind.jpg
bluebottlecoffee.com/preparation-guides/french-press
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mine

>aeropress shilling

Not my coffee thread.

Aeropress is Aerobest

Also my mug. It changes with hot water

Can you extract crema by using aeropress?

BIG SIP

this is my home cup, I like it because it's really good at keeping my coffee the perfect temp for about an hour. (how long it takes me to drink a pot)

I also have a vacuum thermos that I use for taking it to work, it keeps it hot for 6-8 hours

Be appreciative of the variety in coffee brewing technology.

Requesting an HD guide of coffee grinds. I wanna know what I should do for french press.

Coarse grind for French press unless you want to filter it when you pour it to get the sludge out of the bottom

Should I buy a percolator or a vacuum brewer?

I get that, but I wanna see the grind size compared to say....a penny.

I grind my beans so that I don't eat any dust and minimal oils, but I feel like that may not be the most precise. Percolators suck. Get one if you want bitter and burnt coffee.

Best I could find on short notice
static1.squarespace.com/static/51607875e4b0d5cb924c0f9d/568464e05a5668c115eda4c0/568464ea0e4c1155e1f33da3/1451523163897/4 coarsegrind.jpg

>Quit coffee for a month
>It gets cold
>Start drinking coffee again

Never quit coffee. The trade off is definitely worth it.

Way too coarse. You're looking for something more like this.

bluebottlecoffee.com/preparation-guides/french-press

I like to automate things, and I'm trying to figure out the best way of automating coffee pastries so that by the time I get home from work pastries are made.

So, what short breads does /coffee/ recommend that
>Dough keeps relatively well over the course of a day
>Cooks with almost no human contact; i.e., oven to plate.

Ideally, I'm trying to figure out how to use something that is easy to time to make them such as a crockpot, a rice cooker, a toaster oven, or a bread machine.

Ideas?

>eating bread

If you can't enjoy a pastry with a coffee why even bother living?

>oh man that bread sure was delicious
>you know what would be good? 15 more breads
enjoy fatass

dig the car mug desu

Seriously, if you can't reasonably enjoy things why live?

>Seriously, if you don't enjoy the same thing I do why live?
fixed that for you

Your entire point was

>Stop enjoying things I don't like.

And yours was shitting up the coffee thread with breadshit

>Coffee bread doesn't belong in a coffee thread

Good thread guys

Does anyone else here eat the grounds after you drink it?

that's a lot of caffeine user

How much?
It certainly can't be worse than energy drinks, right?

well, it's estimated at 15 mg caffeine per gram of coffee beans. if you're brewing with about 30g of coffee (this is what I do, idk about you) then that's 450 mg of caffeine total if you consume the whole bean. That'd be about 2 servings of 5 hour energy. Probably harmless I guess.

I use 3 teaspoons per cup and have 2 cups a day, is that dangerous?

6 teaspons is around 30g so it's still about 450 mg of caffeine. as long as you feel fine i'm pretty sure that much is harmless for an average adult

Ok you low class poor fag.

It is not
>vacuum brew

It is called a siphon, only literal trash tier plebs call it
>vacuum

Seriously this reminds me again that most people browse Veeky Forums are poor undereducated manual laborers, i mean fuck, just look at all the "sip" threads.

NAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What kind of simpering bootlick appreciates being viral marketed at?

M8, coffee is a working class drink

Thanks, lads

>Vacuum/syphon brew
Oh that's what they're called. I've seen them before but never knew the name. Always thought they were cool though.
But do they make good coffee? I have a French press that I don't really dig and was thinking about swapping it out for an aeropress. Syphon press could be cool though.

It's funny, all of the people I know that bitch and moan about bread and carbs are also the fattest fuckers in the office. I'm perfectly average weight and subside primarily on bread, rice, and pasta with some assorted beans and lentils.

Face it, fatass, it's not the bread that made you fat. It's your total lack of self-control.

>dah asian diet works guys!
no shit retard, it's just harder

>It's funny, all of the people I know that bitch and moan about bread and carbs are also the fattest fuckers in the office
Well sure. That's the whole point of bitching about carbs: fat fucks need a scapegoat for their health problems so they can avoid personal responsibility. Carbs and gluten are the current popular scapegoats. In the 90's it was cholesterol. In the 70's and 80's it was fat. I'm sure we'll see a new cool fad to blame our health issues on in the upcoming years.

Use one of those wall plug in things connected to a toaster oven set for the right time to toast an already made pastry.