Other urls found in this thread:

pelipeli.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=JmSP8gDHYYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wine

hamburgers

Mexican Fod

Any alcohol

But user, I need wine because I'm an adult.

Truth is, if you think sushi is overrated you're probably not eating the right stuff, aware of what the factors are that make it good, and talk to people who rave about it but don't actually eat the real deal.

Regarding the last point, most people who rave about sushi don't actually eat sushi. They eat these sauce drenched, deep fried rolls. Yea, they're good and unique, but not sushi.

Even in non-flyover cities with a solid japanese population, you will have to put in an effort an a legitimate sushi place. And by legitimate, I don't mean expensive. Sushi might cost a little more than going out to a decent restaurant but it doesn't have to cut a hole in your pocket.

The sushi pic you've posted doesn't even look good. That salmon's color is bright orange, with minimal amounts of fat. Bad, farmed fish and the worst part of it right there. That wasabi looks like it's oxidized to hell and doesn't have the vibrant green color it should have. That rice doesn't even look like the shortgrained rice that makes nigiri the elegant experience it is. It's very densely packed and will make you chew more than you should.

Now, maybe you just don't like sushi, and you know what's up. That's okay. But it's more likely to me that you're not getting decent stuff and not talking to people that are either.

>Sushi might cost a little more than going out to a decent restaurant but it doesn't have to cut a hole in your pocket.
Keep in mind the kinds of people who freak about sushi being a war on the proud white race are likely to consider Olive Garden to be fine dining. A meal's worth of sushi at a decent restaurant is probably going to cost you $35-40 not including drinks. No flyover trailer trash is going to even consider spending that much on a single meal unless it's a steak.

You speak truths.

And also relevant to this thread, I think steak is overrated. Most steakhouses ramble on about their aging process and then they just cover the fucking steak in salt. It's not that great of an experience. I'd rather make a proper one at home.

That's pretentious. Buzzfeed told me wine is a scam

Whatever, sushi is a meme food popularized by the 90's simpsons episode

so you're asking for opinions here since food is subjective
sushi is my favorite food, its the only way i like to eat fish (not shellfish, i'll eat any shellfish any day, forever and ever)

overrated foods imo:
>wine
>coffee
>any cake or pie
>any brand instant noodles
>'gourmet' sandwiches
>bacon
I like bacon a lot, but not 'lose-my-fucking-mind-every-menu-item-has-bacon-in-it-now like it'

Steak for sure, biggest fucking meme food on the planet

>>any brand instant noodles
How can they be overrated? They're like 99 cents.

every foreign cultural food becomes altered when introduced to a new country
its the only way most of the population will eat it

>Mexican food changed to texmex or 'baja'
>Italian food changed to olive garden recipes
>Chinese food changed to typical delivery of general tso's and kung pao
>Japanese food was pretty much funneled into sushi, ramen, and hibachi joints

unchanged traditional food joints are hard to find, but very worth it. they are becoming more popular as this generation are more traditionalist
but if you want the most authentic, go to that country (if you have to means, that is)

and they all taste like garbage
i can make homemade soup that lasts for days and comes out to about the same price
i'd never choose instant noodles

Portillos

pizza

it's a bunch of shitty low quality carbs and fat

I was re-classing in Virginia a few years back for 105 days during the winter
I'm from Texas and met this guy from Washington
One of the last few days, our class got together and grilled in the park and drank beer
We all brought hotdogs and hamburgers, and me being from Texas I brought a few steaks. One for me and the others people could eat.
The guy from Washington says he hates steak and thinks I'm an idiot to even waste money on it (I bought prime ribeye)
So this blows my mind, I have to ask him;
>Me: What? Do you really not like steak?
>This guy: Yeah, it's terrible. I would never eat it.
>Me: How can you say that, steak is great. Why don't you like it, have you ever tried it?
>This mother fucker: I don't like chewing for 5 min just to get it down. It's not worth it at all.
I don't even know what to say, this guy has never had a decent steak in his entire life. So much so, that he think's all steaks are like that. He was 36 yr old. Blew my mind.
I know I offered him some of my steak, so I could show him that it could be good (i usually cook it medium rare)
I can't remember if he tried it or not, I just know I didn't change his mind. So sad.

Is this you? Is this why you think its terrible?
You can get your own, a good cut, at home for $8. So it shouldn't be the price.
You can season it however you like, so it shouldn't been the flavor.
Are you vegetarian/vegan?
What's the issue, why are you tongue stupid?

foreal though fuck onions. Why are they in everything?

shut your whore mouth

I despise Mexican foods. Americanized Mexican food is superior, traditional mexican food smells like pure death.

>t. Beef producers amalgamated/steak cutters union spokesman.

Jesus, dude, a bit of excessive luv for a hunk of beef that a fucking retard can cook in 4 minutes. It's just a quick and convenient, if expensive relative to other proteins, dish that really has no complexity whatsoever. And no wonder - it developed on the american frontier where caucasian, bland, shit food reigned supreme and an overabundance of cattle replacing the much more flavorful exterminated bison made it cheap.

t. flyover mod

Where do you live where french onion is found in obnoxious abundance? I want that shit back on the menu...

Unless you're actually eating it within Mexico.

The street food at places like San Miguel is some of the best food I've ever had. The street vendors pour a ton of dedication into it.
Or at least the ones I ate at.

Oaxacan street food is better though. In before I'm banned from all boards for liking food that isn't tendies and ranch

Did you know you can get marbled beed without spending 1000 dollars?

They have their place, but they are overused.

overcooked bacon

Why do I smell like fucking onions after eating them?
I smell like onions, my sweat, even my crotch, for a week after eating any onions.

>Jesus, dude, a bit of excessive luv for a hunk of beef
not once did i talk about how steak is the end-all-be-all of fine dining
only how shocked i was that this guy never in 36 yrs had a steak that was half way decent
you really don't have to get so defensive over the fact I like steak

>caucasian, bland, shit food
did steak touch you in your pants parts when you were young?

BACON

Nando's is overrated.

>did steak touch you in your pants parts when you were young?

No. I buy prime primals of grassfed bone in ribeye roasts, cut them into steaks and vacuum pack and freeze them to eat whenever I don't want to bother with much cooking effort. So yeah, steak is overrated. It's just a meal I can throw together in minutes.

I live in Los Angeles, it is practically a cleaner version of Mexico and I cant wait to get he hell out of here. What a shit tier people these spics are, really blows my mind.

These are some awfully big words for a nigger to be typing. Go drench your food in sauce and please go back to the jungle you came out of.

I've been to every Mexican state except NL, Sinaloa, BC Sur, and Tamaulipas, and I have also been to SoCal.

I think I speak with some authority when I say SoCal should be nuked
>steakfag being racist
What a surprise

>Faggot being a faggot
Not surprised at all, spic.

I am neither hispanic nor gay. Also I get the sense you consider those to be insults, lol. Did a hispanic immigrant take your job at the box factory?

so your definition of 'overrated' is: its too easy to cook for people to like it that much
try making a pan sauce next time or maybe use south african seasonings, maybe then it'll be complex enough for you to enjoy your meal
if you are buying all that high quality meat you are claiming, for a meal you do even care about then I think there's another issue with you and steak
stop spending so much money on mediocre meals
being over or underrated isn't the issue here

>south african seasonings

Wtf? It's not like south africa is known for their steak culture, christ!

More likely a robot but he's a Texan so there's probably more empty space in his brain than in the 10 gallon hat he wears

he probably only ordered them because he fetishizes apartheid. like that one time I bought some german WW2 thing on ebay and suddenly started getting newsletters from literal neo nazis whose entire knowledge of WW2 consists of "lol they totally gassed some jews except when they didn't and it was a hoax"

no, pizza is a garbage meme food and I will say it loudly

If you weren't a health nut you'd be able to enjoy food

>Wow, you think X is bad? Well, you don't know what you're talking about unless you've had

Hey dickweed, if what you're saying is that only an extreme minority of sushi is good, aren't you then saying that sushi is bad? I mean really you're agreeing with people that say sushi is overrated because you're effectively saying that 99% of it is. Put even simpler, if good sushi is the exception to the rule, then the rule is sushi is bad, you fucking queer.

Holy shit you slammed that faggot. Theres literally no way to come back from that attack. Ownage

those aren't mexicans, those are chicano scum

>ew gross, people eat things over in other countries. thats nasty!

We have this restaurant that is south african inspired. Pic related. Very good food, great taste, and an incredible atmosphere.
pelipeli.com/
Called the most romantic restaurant in Houston a few years back.
I recommend taking your husband their, he may share his food with you.
>Eat something else beside your WW2 rations and your stepdad's tendies.

>seasoning =/= steak
notice that all the letters aren't the same
use your context clues

t. stupid hillbilly redneck

Sushi, caviar, NY strip.

steak

Peach cobblers holy fuck

You can't even mention peaches in any cooking conversation without everyone autistically shrieking about how fucking great peach cobbler is

high irony coming from a manchild who thinks steak is haute gastronomy

What's mexican fod
Faggot

>if you think sushi is overrated you're probably a baka gaijin
Ftfy

Nutella

Get FUCKED

bacon. but everyone knows this already. bacon is really not that great

That's tex-mex

lol what? what are you talking about, what 'irony' do you see?
please tell me, I'm concerned about your idiocy

That's one way to frame the distinction. The other way is to say that there's a distinction between real sushi and fake sushi.

Now, one may argue that real sushi here is synonymous with good sushi. That's not the case I'm arguing for. Real sushi could still not be fresh, could use lower quality ingredients. But what I'm criticizing is sushi that in all likelyhood uses incorrect ingredients and isn't prepared properly. But I see your point, but that's more of a projection of your argumentative rigor, not mine. Maybe Book I of the Republic will help. Your argument is Thrasymachan.

AVOCADOS

I feel like something just has to be labeled as trendy without actually being trendy for the Instagram/Snapchat/Youtube/Twitter crowds to eat it up

pizza

Anything labeled "organic" tired of this meme

have you never had a properly cooked steak? you know, we have eaten roasted meat for so many millenia, its probably in our genetic makeup to like it. so you may not be a human being.

no fruit dish is better than the fresh fruit. ps blackberry cobbler is better, as the berries stand up to extra sugar better than a goddamn peach that doesnt need sugar goddammit

this, i'm tired of my gluten free diet plastered with 'Organic' labels that are not necessary.
these days its hard to find anything not organic, we don't need the constant reminder that our food is now all organic

overrated
cupcakes,bacon,ham,curry,pizza
underrated
hummus,fried rice,squid ink pasta,sashimi,bread and butter pudding

fight me

yes
(and i'm not black)

never had it, is it good?

It's good but not "OH MY GOD AMAZING" good.

squid ink?

bacon, cheese, chocolate

French food.
All South American "food"

Name just 1 "real" sushi place in California. I'll wait.

i really want to try it, should i go somewhere to get it or make it myself?
I'm competent in the kitchen.

Food dyes

I'm open to eat just about anything. And I'm not going to act like I don't eat colorful junk food every once in a while. But fuck you and your stupid ass unicorn/mermaid/whatever trend. I don't want my bagel to look like a candy coated turd laced with a tub of frosting before being caked in edible glitter. I'm sick of this "Instagramable" food bullshit. If your food tastes awful then good job you wasted ingredients no matter how sparkly it is.

what about the 'sprink-smidge for lunatics like you' donuts?
youtube.com/watch?v=JmSP8gDHYYc

Anything with pumpkin spice in it. That stuff is nasty and my main problem with Fall.

Salads.

They only taste good if they come with a ton of meat, cheese, and carbs. Might as well just put leafy greens on a sandwich.

good once in a while

Candy.

eating these fags, and i don't know why i bought so many

Some time last year or the year before the food press in my city was having fits about how macarons were literally I can't even and spent months circlejerking with the trendy little alleyway decor showrooms about which ones you HAD to try this week. Them McDonalds started selling them and they went all quiet and looked down at their shoes.

Macarons are nice but come on people lets try to keep things in perspective.

High end gourmet food. Tastes good and certainly looks beautiful .. but would rather have a big beefy cheesy burger over a plate of art.

Yes I agree. Gormet is great. But a large quantity of meat at a good korean bbq joint trumps it by a landslide and at a fraction of the price.

meatloaf and lasagna aren't that cool imo

A box of 18 macarons costs around $50 here in Norway ..that is if you buy them online. In shops, they are even more expensive.

Lobster. If lobster was so good, you wouldn't need to drown it in butter to make it paletable. I'd rather eat a ton of shrimp steamed in vinegar and old bay, or shrimp tempura, or garlic shrimp, or any kind of seasoned shrimp, rather than eat plain lobster with butter. Even if lobster was cheap, I'd rather get shrimp.

I thought macarons were overrated too, but then I tried some from a Franco-Japanese baker in Shibuya. Completely changed my mind. I guess maybe I had some bad macarons in the past because the difference was night and day.

Norway is completely fucked though.
I spent 8 euros on a half pint of shitty larger.

No fun allowed

Avocados are delicious, shut your whore mouth.
I've had a fucking itch for them lately because of all the "WOAH MILLENIALS AND THEIR EDGY MODERN AVOCABLADOS WOAH" shit all up in my face. But I can't fucking get them at the moment. Fuck me.

I always feel that if you can order it online like that then it is def overrated.