Gumbo is just american curry

Gumbo is just american curry.

chili is america's curry

>bad troll
If you just want attention I guess we'll give it one go before your nap. Gumbo and jambalaya are both mixtures of several cuisines and nationalities based on what was available.

But fuck all the ingredients, recipes, and innovations here. You know better right?

that's etouffee dumbass

Curries are spice blends and many different cultures have different styles. Japanese style curry is far different from Massaman or Thai.

Gumbo is the American curry

>everything thats a slightly thickened gravy of savory meat, veggies, and robust spices over rice is curry

So... British, right?

You're just trying to start shit. Curry can mean something from a cold dipping sauce to a hot soup. And you know damned well gumbo is a specific stew.

I don't get it. Is curry a spice, a dish, or a form of British mental retardation?

I think they're all more aptly thrown into the "stew" category.

Does that mean curry is Indian gumbo?

Japanese curry > American jumbo curry

Chicken noodle soup is american ramen.

Seafood stew sounds fucking awful

mac n cheese is american salad

Quads of questionable taste

>Indian curry isn't a fusion cuisine and had nothing to do with the brits invading

Seafood stew BTFO, quads confirm.

It is. Its name is gross too

Curry is just asian stew.

What now motherfucker?

>doesn't like bouillabaisse

You don't belong here. And by here I mean "on Earth."

>dat roux mumbo-jumbo

And stew is just world gumbo

Curry is the Anglicization of the indian word for sauce; Kari. The brits took it and ran with it, and it ended up being synonymous with a mixture of meats, veggies, and a thick spice based sauce served with rice.