Questions that dont deserve their own thread

i have half a jar of this bad boy thing is i left it half closed and it fell and most of hte oil leaked so now i just have the hard stuff almost completely dry
can i add more oil to it? can i storeit like that or it will go bad? should i just throw it away?

Yeah, just heat up the oil a bit first so it actually picks up some of the flavour and dump it in.

Question:

Do all asian markets fucking reek to anyone else?

Yeah, they tend to have a funky smell. Which makes sense given many of the things they stock there--fermented fish/shrimp products, fish sauce, stinky tofu, etc.

only if you're a punk american bitch

of course they do. too much of that fish chemical remaining. they probably arent germophobes and may not douse everything with bleach daily. still its horrible, makes me think racist thoughts.

smells like fish
like your mom

white supermarkets have a smell as well, you're just used to one and not the other

i havent notticed it, i have never been into a black or latino store because im afraid of the gunshots

Just gonna point out this is an excelleent addition to twice cooked pork belly.

how the fuck do i cook fresh fish

Clean it, gut it, cover it with salt, pepper, whatever herbs, tomato and lemon slices, roll it in aluminum foil and put it directly on hot coal for half an hour

Partly due to their diet. If you eat plenty of garlic a day then your sweat starts to smell different.

I had a Chinese friend who always had this faint acid/salty like smell. Perhaps you might call it fishy too. But whenever he cooked he would throw in a lot of garlic and Chinese vinegar. It became so bad sometimes that I would be sitting one floor up in my room and my eyes would tear up cause he would throw so much shit in there, it always surprised me he didn't burn own the house.

nice digits
also this is true, i became a garlic lover when i started cooking, i eat 2-3 a week, when i get sweaty my dirty clothes get this awful stench, my mom had this dog that i had to bath every day because it smelled exactly like that

....Dad?

What is the best rice/cooking liquid combo and why is it jasmine with beef stock?

Does adding water/a wet paper towel in the microwave actually work, or is it a meme?

>is it a meme?
It's definitely an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.

I use it when reheating tortillas in the micro'

If I make gravy based on roux and chicken stock, can I store it after making and reheat or would it go bad? Living on my own for the first time so I don't use that much at a time.

For a day or two if sealed up (plastic wrap or tupperware) and refridgerated.

Thanks.

The one I shop at has a small restaurant area, so it smells faintly like soy sauce and sesame oil. If no one's eating at the time, then it kinda smells like Lysol. It's a very clean store, I love the place.

What can I make with green lentils that requires the least ingredients? Already made soup, that's a no-go.

Stuffed bell peppers

Add some rice, some seasonings, maybe some diced veg, simmer it in some pasta sauce and pour into peppers

Lentil chicken curry is really easy to make.

calrose rice cooked in katsuobushi&kombu stock is far superior

W..what aisle is that in at Target?

usually the ethnic food section. It depends though, not every place will stock Kombu but usually somewhere will have a bag of bonito flakes

I recently bought ye old peppergrinder. What is the best peppercorn to buy?