Fast Food Job

Hey Veeky Forums, worker at Burger King here, have you ever worked at a fast food place? If so, what was/is it like? Experiences? Thoughts?

I worked at burger king as my first job and I fuckin loved working there in high school. I lied about my school hours so i could work more and make more and all the guys who worked there were total bros. Try and work closing shift so you can take home all the delicious leftover burgers and tendies.

I went for a job at BK and got denied.

Worked at a Sonic drive-in when I was in highschool. Made decent money, but the store was mismanaged as fuck because of nepotism.
Right now, I run a Jimmy Johns store. Not to hard of a job, make great money, can't eat the food anymore though.

Done a burger and a sandwich. Carl's and Subway btw. Sandwiches are so much easier than burgers, it's not even a contest. Also, ice creams are even easier, so go for that if you can.

I've done many work until now, but the hardest work I've ever done has always been the fast food ones. Nobody but those desperate and/or illegally staying should do these human abuses.

You're probably disgusting.

My mother forced me to go to the interview so I probably didn't come across very enthusiastic.

I used to work at a Potbelly. It was stressful for me because my store was the regional training store so there were new manager trainees constantly being run through. It was annoying because even though I had worked there for years and knew the operation inside and out they would try to get me to do stupid shit or tell me to do something the wrong way. They'd also have these little power struggles with the other managers. Basically there were too many newbies trying to be the top boss at the same time and it turned into chaos.

i worked at dairy queen for a few ears. there was a girl there that i made out with at the end of the night once and i took my penis out and put her hand on it and she cried, lol. (my first sexual experience.

as for actually working there, the machines arent well maintained and fuck up all the time. a lot of the time what you get isnt even what something is meant to taste like.

>the guys who worked there were total bros.
not wrong about that one but
>Try and work closing shift so you can take home all the delicious leftover burgers and tendies.
is it really worth it? most of the other workers complain.
>My mother forced me to go to the interview so I probably didn't come across very enthusiastic.
I don't know what you mean, I hardly showed much enthusiasm and gave the most generic responses. what did you say?

>I don't know what you mean, I hardly showed much enthusiasm and gave the most generic responses. what did you say?

Can't remember, it was about 18 years ago.
I think they asked me how much do I expect to earn and I said some stupidly high number and also if I'd work on the weekend to which I said no.

It was a long time ago, since then I've studied and work now as a machinist doing wood turning.

ah. at least you made a drastic change

Former sandwich artist here. Was in charge of a bunch of idiotic teenagers but got to smoke weed and hit on high school girls and milfs so yeah

>ice cream is the best

This man speaks the truth

did you ever see some sweet teen feet at subway

I worked at a McDonalds for 6 months. Got a written warning for wearing white socks and not black, got in trouble for not repeating what they ordered eg. If they wanted me to put 6 filet o fish into the deep fryer, you couldn't just say yes, you had to say "6 filet o fish, thanks"

I guess there is a method to it, but fuck that, it was run like a gulag

Oh yeah. Burger King is more lax. Although I was kind of scolded for saying dumb stuff in the drive thru
>this is the BK God, what can I do for you
>King of Burgers, how may I help you

Question: why does BK take so long to make anything that is chicken based? Seriously I've sat for what amounted to 20+ min in a drive thru line and then get told to wait in a parking spot till my food is ready. Is it that hard to do whatever godless fucking shit you do to my crap chicken to get it out in a reasonable time frame?

Usually it has to be fried and/or microwaved. If you ordered it grilled/broiled or whatever, it's extra time. The one thing I hate is when someone asks for Onion Rings and we have to stall the whole drive through because the workers have to drop down some onion rings. Onion rings have to be fresh or something

Interesting... also that's one of the few things I like about BK is that you guys do onion rings... guess that also explains the wait times. Still prefer you guys over McDicks.

Thanks. For fast food, we aren't that fast. But quality over quantity I guess.

It helps for me that I never bit into a nuggie from BK only to find a pencil lead thick artery. I basically stopped eatting McDicks for over a decade because of that and I still hesitate to buy their stuff even after coming back after that sabbatical.

BK was my rock in the storm during those fast food nomadic years. Nothing beats a Double Whopper, no cheese, no mayo.

>It helps for me that I never bit into a nuggie from BK only to find a pencil lead thick artery.
so you bit into a McNugget is what you're saying?
And yeah, I personally enjoy the Rodeo Burgers.

BK near me tastes like shit, desu. Their chicken is soggy, while I find Mickey D's to have crispier product. I do like onion rings though, and the onion ring sauce.

>and the onion ring sauce.
I hate Zesty Sauce personally.
And yeah, the chicken usually isn't that great, so I always go with Burgers. The reason I work there is because i'm not the biggest fan or their food anyways

>But quality over quantity I guess.

Well thankfully I have a Zaxby's in the neighborhood now so I don't need to bother w/ anyone else for chicken (prior it was KFChit and POOPeyes. Seriously their chicken makes me shit more than Taco Bell). I've only had one had experience at BK in the last few years (this is in the south mind you, metro area, and low edu workers) and it was more a mix up than anything else.

I ordered two sausage biscuits and some other breakfast stuff. Ended up my sausage biscuit was more biscuit than sausage.. Went inside and turned out some lady had ordered just the biscuit because Vagitarian (seriously, at a BK? or any fast food? fuck bitch Panera Bread was down the road) lady got her order mixed with mine.

Of course the mix up w/ requests for no may/cheese/tomato things like that happen but since I'm not allergic (more preference) I can just scrap/remove and go about my day a bit annoyed but none the worse for wear.

yeah, looking back at what i typed, i just realized how dumb that sounded. one of my managers has anxiety attacks when there's more than like 2 orders at the drive through being stalled. you can imagine the "quality" he makes when that happens

>be me, work at Jimmy Johns as delivery driver for about 3 1/2 months, pay is decent with tips and co-workers are cool feelsgoodman
>decide to move from current city to one a couple hours south, put in two weeks notice, boss is cool with it and thanks me for being such a good worker
>literally driving home from last day and my car's transmission gives out, repair cost came out to about 4 grand, tfw that was roughly the amount I had made in my time working there.

that's when you buy another car be it new/used rather than fixing something that's not economically feasible to repair. Is this why you work at Jimmy John's instead of having a job beyond the "first job" tier of employment?

pls no bully

Has it changed your opinion on eating fast food working there

But if your terminated, you can't work in food service for awhile

The reason I worked at BK is because I never liked it, so no. There isn't anything too interesting about the process. However; Working here makes me empathetic for some of the workers.

I've never worked fast food but I've had friends who did and they broke the mist shrouding the drive thru for me. I wasn't aware of the whole 2min thing for some places and now I'm quick on my orders, always confirm I'm done before asked and thank whoever takes my order the poor bastard.

>autotragic car
That was your first mistake. Transmission repairs on automatic cars are astronomical.

green text man here, situation arose where keeping car was better in the long run

you're telling me friendo

considering BK is usually slow here, we never really get scolded for an order taking too long [spoiler] be it there are not many orders needed to be taken/food to be given out [/spoiler] but dealing with some customers is what gets me.
>get order completely right
>repeat it
>middle age woman confirms it
>lady comes back a minute later, complaining I charged her for something she supposedly didn't add
Thank you user for always confirming though

finance a used car

I did get an order from Zaxby's over the weekend. 6 pc chicken finger plate, double fry, no slaw, and zestable dip instead of Zax sauce..

Confirmed my order with the girl, got my total, "thank you ma'am" and pulled forward. Paid, thanked at every interaction (handing back card, handing food, drink, etc).

I get home and I've got 6pc, double fry but Zax sauce.. I shrugged it off that someone who prepped the whole thing just grabbed the wrong sauce and since it wasn't going to kill me (don't mind Zax sauce and I hadn't had it in awhile) I just went with it.

Honestly only when I don't get something I order do I want to go back and get things fixed. Like the time Hardee's gave me chicken tenders instead of the BBQ rib burger I ordered. I drove the 10min back for that one.

that's reasonable. It's only when I confirmed something and the customer comes back and gets mad that I charged them the wrong stuff even after confirming.

Working subway was nice because there was no way to fuck up an order plus my managers were cool and let us make whatever we wanted for lunch.

Worked Wendy's for a bit shortly after and was on grill. It's true the meat is never frozen but their fridge is very chilly. Stocking in the mornings I always needed a jacket.

Still not tired of the food from either place.

wendys twitter acct is hilarious. people were like HOW CAN YOU TRANSPORT FOOD WITHOUT FREEZING IT FALSE ADVERTISING and wendys hitem with the hein right back

All the Wendy's in my area are slow, do you know why that is?

No clue, my mans. Went to one where the guy was taking every order and serving individually so everyone had to wait for someone else's food before even getting to send their tickets to the kitchen. I think he was super baked and thinking too hard.

My local Wendy's is insanely fast. I can go there during a lunch rush, get in line, order my food, pay, and get food in all under 5min. On top of that the order is always perfect w/ maybe the only complaint being the drive thru attendant forgetting a straw which is very forgivable.

Last time I went, it took like 20 min from the line to receiving my food, and it wasn't even the lunch rush

>Thanks.

>tfw stutter and say thanks back to someone over drive through when they say thanks

Worked at a Starbucks for about 2 1/2 years. Was a decent job until the weekend rolled around.
Saturdays would always turn into that perfect combination of being understaffed and dealing with CHUD and their collective spawn.
Also the pain of having ridiculous DT times, When I started 1:10 was the standard (from order point to completion), was down to 35 seconds by the time I left.
At least I never had to deal with grease and deep-fryers though.

Taco Bell manager here. Ask me anything.

... why do you hate my butthole?

I worked at Culver's for four years in high school. It was terrible and I got fired. I started out wanting to do a good job but hated my bosses. Eventually we got new owners but they were also cunts. I was the best at making sundaes. Overall its still a good place to eat but I'm glad its over.

Because Taco Bell hates everyone. Especially you and your butt hole.

Worked at McDonald's for about a year when I was 17-18 yrs old. It was a good start, and in hindsight a good/fun time.

I wish more people saw it as that and were able to excel from there, and not their dead-end, begging for minimum wage increases.

Anyways, always look to progress. Good luck.

Repeating orders back is pretty standard procedure in kitchens

common sense dude.
what ify oou miisheard, or they misspoke?

Oh my goooood that sounds like such a hard job woooo how did you even survive that?

If someone forgot my straw I'd go in and smash their fucking face in. Fucking retard can't even put a few things in a bag without fucking up. Can't fucking stand such low level scum. You're fucking nothing to me. Literally nothing

i worked at long john silvers

other that the shit smell thats stays with you after ytou leave it was allright

there wasnt any jewing i was aware of other than
>dispose of the food if its been under the heating light over 6 minutes or some shit

shit lasted longer than that, no one ever complained

because we've come to the point where poverty niggers don't understand when someone says "you're welcome" to them, and I don't feel like saying "no problem" to answer "thanks".

wow you seem like you have the need to point out your social hierarchy to internet anons. keep trying nigger, someone might find that sexy eventually. might.

Worked at KFC for 3.5 years, through high school essentially. one interesting story:

Pretty much every KFC in my city is in a low-income area, and there was a meth head tweaker who would almost always come in on Fridays or Saturdays about 15 minutes before we closed at midnight. Since one half of the restaurant was closed and only the main entrance was open after 9pm, we'd always see him come in, and we knew it was him because he had the distinct habit of always covering his face a few inches away with one hand, which didn't really do anything, but.. meth heads. I don't expect to understand it.
Anyways, he would consistently make for the bathroom and start doing drugs. We think he was smoking meth or crack, as it smelled like chemicals in there after every time he left. There was one instance where the entire bathroom counter was covered in cocaine residue and semen, which explained why he would always drop a small tissue in the dining room garbage after every time he was out.
Eventually after a couple of months of this, one night he came in and the night manager starting giving him shit and telling him not to come in any more. And with that, he'd still come in on the late nights and order food, but not use the bathroom. Interestingly, he was a regular customer on Tuesdays, the weekly special day, and he even knew our GM by name. I'm amazed it was allowed to go on for as long as it did.

Whatever you fucking scumbag. Just hope I don't meet you or I'll cut
Your fucking throat open

did your hugbox malfunction?

What's worse turning wood or turning burgers?

Little known fact you can drink a beverage without a straw. It's not the end of the world for the majority of people but for you it's a apparently a call to arms.

I give you my money, you give me what I paid for. Don't and I'll fucking end you. It shouldn't be that hard to understand

starbucks used sixsigma to get there times down son. thats like freshman management class 101

Food service seems like a shit job. You don't really get to talk to anybody. It's just in, make order, out. Nobody appreciates your work. You're replaceable by a touchscreen. That's why I go out of my way to be grateful to those workers in the hopes that it lifts their spirits.

That's why I preferred working in sales/retail when I was a youngfag. People tend to be more gracious when you help them find a product that suits their needs.

As if you fucking Manlet. An anonymous imageboard is your only outlet, in reality you're a anxious piss ant who cannot stop shaking.

>It shouldn't be that hard to understand

I agree, user. Why do people buy fast food when those things are so easily an cheaply prepared at home? Do you think it's ignorance or stupidity?

Worked McDonald's when I was 15 or so. The job was alright, not better or worse than a grocery store job. Best part was getting all the free food.
>be at high school party
> notice it's 11:15 and McD will close soon
> get sober girl to drive me there
>take every burger sandwich and fry in the place, 3 big bags with
>go back to the party as a total hero
>still don't get laid for another year
I finally quit when they wanted me to open on the shift after prom. I was like "nah I quit" and they were like "ok"

Mfw I still got free food at closing as long as I wanted

Do fast food people really do shit to peoples food? I don't go to my local burgerking anymore because they seem to exclusively hire brown people, and I'm a bit paranoid they will do shit to my food.

I'm always very polite to the people at mcdonalds though, sometimes they give me free shit if its dead hours.

People typically don't do anything harmful to anyone else unless provoked. Niggers sometimes spontaneously harm people because it's nigger nature, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Of all of Veeky Forums this might be the creepiest post yet

The store was literally next to a high school, so in the warmer months all the girls had short shorts, flip flops etc. But I'm not a foot guy

I worked for Tim Hortons full time, it was fucking horrible and it opened my eyes up to how bad it is for people who work this kind of job as their lives. But whats worse was when I got fucked over and they gave away my morning shifts to some newbie overweight Somalian cunt who they sneaked me into teaching her my job. I basically got put on call from 4am for 4 hours and then brought back to work another 4 hours till 8 at night so they didnt have to give me lunch or breaks. Also all of my coworkers were either Muslim or Filipino and they all fucking talking a non-english language around me and bitched at me constantly, ive never had to deal with this ever in my life. Also one person who left when i started basically went back to pakistan to have kids with some other durka and basically told me how my government will let her back in as a permanent resident since she worked in Canada on a visa and after 6 months she can bring her 20 member family over with her.
Thank god i went back to school, once im done im going to fucking fight and stop this literal importation of wageslaves from the 3rd world because its fucking sickening.