What's your coziest meal?

What's your coziest meal?

I'm unemployed and it's taking a lot longer than I anticipated to find a new job. I've had a very stressful and depressing week.

I've decided to cook a bunch of good food tomorrow, what foods make you happy?

a block of velveeta cheese and a digiorno pepperoni pizza

spaghetti bolognese

caesar sallad with a lot of parmesan cheese and chunks of anchovies

A frozen pizza, usually tombstone.

Eaten in bed. Don't even bother to cut into slices. Pick up the whole thing and eat it.

I like making chili and cornbread. Its good at night when feeling lonely and cold.

My stone soup. Basically whatever you got tossed in a pot with strategic timing. Vegetable bullion and egg noodles a must.

the only correct answer

A good homemade curry, not that shit in a jar stuff but a proper one where everything is fresh, nothing like chopping up the onion, garlic, ginger, roasting the whole spices to grind, aubergine pickle, creamed coconut block, homemade ratatouille, rotisserie chicken, fresh coriander, tomatoes, peppers and a few chillis for masculinity. Fucking awesome.

Or, two slices of toast, one slice buttered, the other with mayonnaise, sliced ham, slice ripe tomato (slices have been sat in vinegar and salt for a few minutes), lettuce optional, fresh ground pepper. Two rounds of those for satisfying snack/lunch.

Annie's Whole Wheat Extra Sharp Cheddar mac and cheese eaten in bed while watching Kids in the Hall

Ooch that sounds good..

the one with macaroni, canned tomatoes, ground beef and white people spices that my gramma makes

Roasted potatoes
Cheese and bacon optional

Sheperds pie is pretty nice.
Especially as it's getting colder.

Hope you'll better soon, user

Chicken and 40 cloves

Set oven to 350 F. In an oven safe skillet, brown as many chicken legs that will fit in olive oil. Add half a couple of olive oil and 40(ish) cloves of garlic, peeled or not, and a sprig of thyme (or not). Bake in skillet for 1.5 hrs.

Spread the garlic on toast and eat the chicken. I prefer rice with it to mix with the garlic oil.

milk and cereal.

Having a couple cold dishes ready to eat is one of my comfy things. I make a big pasta salad, potato salad, rice salad, curried chicken salad, deviled eggs, taboulleh, fruit salad, chilled jello mold, or something like that and find that it is something yummy to dip into for a couple of days. Making a couple of marinated things ahead give you something to look forward to enjoying, some pickled mushrooms or onions or just quick pickles.
Making a big batch of lasagna, ham or lobster and macaroni n cheese, tamale pie, or other layered casserole, or just a big roast in the oven that you lovingly prepared and then dined off more than once. Freeze leftovers if you want.
Boozy cake like rum cake, or a sherry trifle can be enjoyed too as a little celebration. Baking something special like some key lime pies or hrm, what's in season..peach turnovers with some pie dough. It's almost pumpkin spice time. Mmhmm.

Cooking for one? Rub a thick bone-in ribeye with some montreal-ish rub. Pan sear in a cast iron both sides, send to oven or cover til ideal temp for you, and deglaze with some bourbon or vermouth, or some other pan sauce idea. For me, a bearnaise or just a rub with herb butter at the end. A ton of mushrooms will be added to the pan, and any pan juices will be enjoyed with mashed potatoes.

Guinness beef stew with crusty bread for dipping. Carb the fuck out of with both chunks of potato, and serving it over mashed potatoes.

bottle of rasputin beer
pot of coffee
big bowl of curry rice, the asian kind that comes in blocks, with a lot of meat added in

t. NEET

A big bowl of minestrone with a couple slices of chewy, toasted bread.

Hard to feel bad about the world with warm soup belly.

Also if you're having trouble finding work, look into labor agencies. Not glamorous but it keeps the lights on.

Fried porkchops, mashed potatoes with lots of dairy, and garden peas. Ice tea to drink.

Quinoa and 3 kinds of beans is something I've recently discovered that comforts me a lot. Also it has lots of protein for gainz

pasta with just olive oil and salt

Yay my thread is still here.

I ended up making chicken and dumpling soup with all of the veggies I had left in the fridge.

It doesn't look like much now since the dumplings are cooking right now but I'll upload a picture anyway.

Chicken and dumplings is a good choice.

>cream of potato soup with ham
>bread and butter for dipping
>cinnamon&apple tea or hot coco
>cold rainy day
>wrapped in fluffy cozy blanket
>watching favorite movie
>dog/cat cuddling up to you

litteral heaven

I've saved a bunch of ideas from this thread for later in the week.

Thank you see kay

Bread. Lots of it.

Spend all day kneeding.

Thunderstorm is rollin in

aww yee

The two Cosy as FUCK meals that are my go-to are
>Porchetta over mushroom and parmesan polenta
And
>Braised beef shanks over garlic mashed potatoes

Both take time, but are so fucking worth it. I serve the porchetta and polenta with an arugula salad, and I serve the braised beef shanks and potatoes with sweet and sour red cabbage. Fucking glorious, instant happiness.

sweet potato salad with ground beef and onions loaded on top

Soft boiled egg(halfway between hard and soft boiled) on buttered toast with a bit of salt and pepper on top.

rest in pepsi, flyover bro

For extra childhood comfy, cut the toast into little toast soldiers and get one of those little egg cup holder things to dip the soldiers in with.

I cant find the cup where I am, but I imagine the buttery bread and hot yolk taste amazing.

Simple fried rice! Prepare rice, stir fry some onions and whatever other shit you want(i just use whatever produce i have but green peps, cucumber, spicy peps, broccoli or peas are a good start) then add more oil and fry the rice with the vegetables and desired seasoning(again to taste or what you have on hand, you can get away with just soy sauce and turmeric but fresh basil, miso paste, lemon juice, sriracha, curry powder are all good options).

Mac n cheese

French Toast on a rainy day??? That level of cozy is what I live for.

vagina

Split pea soup with ham. Cheap, nutritious, filling.

Good luck, OP.

don't wanna burst your bubble or your dumplings but they're pretty ugly.

Unless those are cauliflowers

I saw it about to die and bumped it up :)

Chocolate chip cookies, I love them.
Haven't made any in a while because my oven broke, but to me they are the best, sweet and soft.

shepards pie

>shepards
Retard.

rice and beans and add a bone in chicken thigh. Simple, cheap, and tasty and works with any seasoning since everything in it is bland

pizza and alcohol

Spaghetti and fried chicken.

i totally agree with this except for the pizza and the alcohol.

That sounds like my meal, except without the pizza.

Are you Filipino?

I don't imagine your insides are as happy as you

Spiral ham, mac n' cheese, zucchini, tomato & onions. Mix with xanax & your anti-represent of choice.

>thick cut sliced turkey
>turkey gravy
>stove pot stuffing (made with butter)
>mashed potatoes
>served piping hot on a cold winter day, with either a tall glass of icewater or a coca-cola to drink

Your animu a shit.

i don't even watch anime, i just saved the picture because it was comfy.
you shouldn't be so quick to assume user!

I don't think I've had the whole wheat variety, but the extra sharp cheddar shells are fucking awesome. You can add so much stuff to them and have great and varied meals. My fav is adding some condensed tomato basil soup.

I like the whole wheat kind because the pasta is slightly bitter

Pic related

Soups are my go to by far. Chicken noodle is my absolute favorite but I don't do it much because I never have the ingredients and it's too much time. Normally I do like a russian potato bacon tarragon stew or an irish stew since the broth doesn't take 10 million eons to make.

Where do you buy it at? I find the non-whole wheat at Sam's Club.

I don't now, I haven't bought it in a while. Some places had it and some didn't even when comparing different locations of the same store. Just keep an eye out whenever grocery shopping around town.

canned corned beef fried up in a pan served either on toast with shredded cheddar cheese or mixed in with chili and rice.