What are these?

I ordered onion rings from a local pub and got these. Does anyone know what they are?

looks like crispy onion rings to me.

Red onions, with a crispy layer? and some yoghurt sauce?

Not fucking onion rings by any earthly maker, OP. I would check them for alien transmission devices.

>Pub
Protip: you don't have pubs in America.

I'm assuming it's a topping for a burger because onion rings are not on their menu. It's battered red onion strips.

You'll be needing some of that jar of Stress Relief m8y

It is a burger topping but I checked their menu and it's actually fried strips of pastrami.
Must be a flyover thing.

Protip: you've never been here, and don't know a fucking thing about the activities of millions of British that have emmigrated here.

they are clearly rings of red onion

You got monkey paw'd

It looks like someone fried a whole red onion and then separated it in to rings, rather than the opposite and correct way

looks like they fried or battered a slice an then broke it apart later

>Louisville
Not. even. once.

>served with aus jus
>aus
Kek.
>bleu cheese
>bleu
Kek
>pizza burger. Perfecto!
>Perfecto!
Kek.
This is about as flyover as it gets.

Spent loads of time in the USA, thanks.
Just returned from there two weeks ago.
You don't have pubs.

Looks like you just ate the breading and then left the onions.

This is clearly Australia.

Point taken.

Looks like someone fried some onion slices but all the batter slid off during frying. They still just sold it to you, and you paid for it.

>spooky satanic trips confirm: no pubs in the USA.

There are some pub like places in the US. But it's a different culture man. There are plenty of sport's bars that kind of have the same feel.

What part of America were you in? Pubs are fairly common in many parts of the country, especially the northeast and midwest

It's just banter, don't be offended, I enjoy my time in the USA even though it's work.
There are basically two types of pubs in the UK. One is the nice, old pleasant country pub where they serve decent beer, have an open fire and are generally comfy.
The other type are chav infested, chain owned shit holes that serve pissy lager and all the food is frozen, deep fried crap. These are the ones where you're as likely to get a pint glass smashed in your face as someone is to say hello.
Most of my work in the USA takes me to California, Wyoming and Alaska but there's generally time off to catch a flight to somewhere like Vegas etc.

>second type
>pint glass smashed in your face
Inner city Wetherspoons then?

Yea unfortunately pubs aren't really our thing. We have sports bars which are loud and noisy, Irish "pubs" which are loud and noisy sports bars with four leaf clovers and advertised Guinness, and then taverns which are sports bars in which you can watch anything instead of just sports.

Did I mention we like sports? Because we do.

Just poorly made onion rings that used red onions. This is what your red onion rings should look like (onions on left and chicken on right.) More fast food places need to do tempura type stuff.

I'm a convert to baseball.
Went to my first game the other week and had a great time even though beer was nearly $14 for a (admittedly large) can. Singing during the 7th innings was kind of goofy but good fun.

OP here. I've never even been to the place it was takeout through Grubhub. But it's true in the US we don't have true pubs. Some are close but never truly an authentic pub. At least the places I've been.

I posted it almost as a joke because of how fucking awful they look. I'm not sure who allowed those to be served or who cooked them, but they should both be fired.

I'm getting a bit older now, but I like clubs now. Not the kind you go to dance in, but one you have to pay a membership to join. It's better for a married couple with kids, you have to have a card to get in, and it keeps a lot of the undesirables out.

You go there with your children, you have a few beers and some food, your kids eat. It's pretty much just a bar and a dance floor your kids can go wild on and no one cares. Once a month my wife and I will go to one that we are members of. Eat some food, have a few drinks while our son plays around with kids his age. You don't have to worry about some weirdo coming in, or someone coming in to start trouble and you know everyone.

I have a local speakeasy, which is superior to pubs in every imaginal way. Not saying pubs in the UK are bad, I like them.

Looks raw .. I like mine well done with ketchup

You should slowly strangle your family and do the world a favor, you're all dead inside already.

They look like onion bhajia

I don't like Indians and their good but goddamn I love their onion

liberal abortionist detected

What you call pubs we call dives. Just ask for the nearest dive bar. Same cozy effects with your drunken locals.

Fuck, you got ripped off.

It's red onion rings, breaded on one side.

And you only got 4 of them

Roll out the barrel! Roll out a barrel of fun!

Singing at ballgames is one of the best parts. Enough people know the words to make it really ring and everyone else typically gets a big screen with lyrics.

Take some time to check out the pubs in Milwaukee sometime

That's clearly red onion in the picture.

sensible chuckle

A ripoff

Mate there are pubs here. Not the same atmosphere as British pubs or German Kneipes, but very different from "bars"

t. Bong living in US