>never have cabbage
>buy a head of cabbage at the store
>put a few leaves on a bitchin capicola sandwhich on crusty italian bread
>get super excited
>tastes like garbage
>throw sandwich away

who eats this shit?

You don't eat raw cabbages dumbass. They're not lettuce

You are supposed to discard the outer leaves you mong. You ruined a perfectly good sandwich with your own stupidity.

don't eat it raw retard you have to cook with it

You cannot possibly be serious.

Raw cabbage is among the most amazing vegetables.

However there is substantial variation in the particular taste qualities. Cabbage is part of the mustard family and I've bought cabbages that taste like literal mustard due to high levels of isothiocyanates - these are the most amazing. I've also had watery cabbage - they're OK for the texture but not amazing taste-wise.

Cabbage is good as a vehicle for lentils and beans

Cooked cabbage tastes like garbage. And of course you can eat cabbage raw, I've been doing it for years (the thyroid thing is a meme, my thyroid is perfectly healthy)

Shred and salt it. Make sauerkraut.

Just throwing a big leaf of cabbage on a sandwich is going to suck.

Take a couple leafs, chop them up and toss it with salt and an acidic liquid like lime juice or vinegar. Classic fish taco topping, goes great on a lot of sandwiches, too.

You can also cook cabbage, just don't boil it. Boiling it destroys a lot of nutrients and makes your kitchen smell like a mustard gas attack. It's better to steam or roast it.

>roast it

That sounds fucking amazing, I think I'm gonna go think something up now.

lol it's not lettuce, you can't just throw a leaf on a sandwich like one.

>You don't eat raw cabbages
>don't eat it raw retard you have to cook with it
What is coleslaw?

Disgusting, literally the only food I will not eat. Well that and macaroni salad.

A little finely chopped raw cabbage is pretty good in something like a salad I think. It has a nice crunch and a slightly nutty flavour.

>What is coleslaw
mayonnaise with traces of sort of cabbage

Sara please, easy on the 'slaw.

There's varieties of cabbage that work well raw, OP. I like to use a few leaves in salads, to complement a spicy lettuce. What kind did you get?

My name is anonymous, I'm 33 years old and I like eating raw cabbage. Stir fries pretty well too.

>Coleslaw
>Disgusting, literally the only food I will not eat.
I pity your bbq sandwiches and hot dogs.
>mayonnaise with traces of sort of cabbage
What is vinegar-based coleslaw?

I like cabbage but it turns me into a rabbit, if you know what I mean.

>Be a humble cabbage merchant.
>Every day.
>Every fucking day.
>Some bald kid and his friends destroy my cart causing my stock to get ruined.

Just coleslaw my dude. I'll eat sauerkraut on a hotdog, or a rueben. I'll eat egg rolls, cabbage soup, kimchi. Coleslaw is just disgusting to me, and the thought of slathering it BBQ makes me gag.

I fucking hate cabbage, OP, right there with ya. I think it tastes like literal shit. And yeah I've had shit in my mouth before.

Brussels sprouts, however... delicious. Cut em in half and fry in some bacon grease.

5/10

Chop it, fry it in butter, eat an entire head because that shit is fucking amazing

Cabbage is fucking shit in anything raw or cooked.