Fast food worker thread

Fast food worker thread.

Tell us your stories, good, bad, the ugly. Whether it be managers, co-workers, customers.

Also secret, topic, I had a interview at KFC on Sunday, and they called me in for a 2nd interview this Wednesday.

Do second interviews generally mean they want you hired?

Also does KFC drug test?

But also fast food stories thread.

>Do second interviews generally mean they want you hired?
Yes.
>Also does KFC drug test?
Probably depends on the owner. Some fast food jobs drug test, others don't.

Be prepared to absolutely hate every single day of it. It's literally the worst work imaginable. The pay is shit, your bosses treat you like shit, the customers treat you like shit, your coworkers will do as little as possible which means if you have any integrity, you're gonna have to pick up a lot of slack.

I used to be a manager at McDonald's.
Late at closing a woman called so I answered.
She said her son got a chicken foot in his nugget.
Which is a lie because nuggets are made of scrap.
So I said okay and then she threatened to shoot up my store.
Jokes on her, I want to die.
The best part, I did what I was taught.
"Thank you, is there anything else I can do for you?"
Then she said she was gonna kill me now.
I told my other manager and had a good laugh.
I'm still alive.

Well, that basically describes every job I've ever had. Ironically enough the one time the bosses and co-workers were cool was when I worked at an Arby's in 2010.

Every other job, I've always had to pick up the slack for lazy shits, and I do, because I just try to work hard and do my best in all parts of my life. I don't always succeed, but I don't ever half-ass things.

Anyway, thanks. I don't smoke pot or anything, but I've been using RC Benzos (not even sure if they show up or test for those), for my social anxiety. So I could just stop taking them for a few days, even though I have legit Social Anxiety (just no doctor or health insurance), so I have to buy RCs.

I could buy some St Johns or Kava to maybe help.

Thanks for the answer, man.

>literally the worst work imaginable
Not even close. You can fuck off, smoke dope by the dumpsters, chat with your coworkers. Warehousing at Amazon is so much worse.

KFC isn't even the worst fast food chain to work for. Chipotle is legendarily shit to work for, as far as having a manager up your ass about quotas and schedules all fucking day.

>Jokes on her, I want to die.

Lol.

Nice. She just probably wanted free shit. Funny story, I once emailed a local McDonald's and said that I found a hair in my Big Mac, and when I went to go up to ask for a new sandwich, I said the employees refused to make me a new one.

I was sent 2 free meal tickets in the mail, and got a call from the Corporate Office in my State, and an apology letter from the Manager at the McDonald's, which he then actually signed his name on, meaning he typed it up (or had someone type it for him) but he still had to eat it, and sign his name.

It has funny because in the letter, he wrote something like "I take pride in my restaraunt and our food, so my first thought was, how can this happen? I am saddened and ashamed, but I hope you will continue to be a loyal McDonald's customer."

I had the letter and free meal tickets saved and took pics of them and showed them in a thread like this once, but that was on an old phone. :/

The only food place I ever worked at was Domino's Pizza, this was like ten years ago. Shit fucking sucked and I got paid minimum wage.

The worst story I ever have is some people called from a hotel and ordered a pizza. I don't know where the fuck they were from or what they were expecting, but they started to ask for all these cheeses that we simply didn't have for the pizza, and no reasonable person calling a chain pizza store would expect to get.

>can I get grana padano and some grilled tomatos with that?
uh sorry, we don't have that.
>*long irritated sigh* fine, I guess I'll just take some pecorino romano
I'm sorry, but we don't have that either
>JESUS CHRIST, what kind of place are you running there? Fine, I'll just have some grated manchego.
Ma'am, I'm afraid we don't ha-
>JUST SEND THE PIZZA FOR CHRIST'S SAKE

So I send their pizza out, and about ten minutes later I get a call back from them.
>Yes, just wanted to call and let you know that you didn't include any parmesan with the pizza
ma'am, you didn't ask for any, you asked for various other cheeses that we don't have.
>well I figured someone intelligent would include some FUCKING packets of parmesan cheese, have one of your drivers stop at the grocery store and pick us up a thing of it and drop it off on their next run
WUT LOL, no, I'm sorry, I'm not sending a driver out to pick you up a full can of cheese to drop off
>WELL I'M NEVER ORDERING FROM YOUR ESTABLISHMENT AGAIN!
Well, you're calling from a hotel, so you're probably never going to anyway *click*

>Warehousing at Amazon is so much worse.
At least they pay you a living wage.

Ausfag here.

I work at HungryJacks, basically BurgerKing. I don't know much about BurgerKing but I'm assuming everything on the menu is the same?

>warehousing at Amazon is worse
It isn't. I worked at Amazon for about two years before I went back to school and it was the easiest job I ever had. They trained me to ride a reach-truck, and that's what I did all day. You know how you're supposed to pick a certain rate, like 40 items an hour. Well on the reach-truck they count all the items on a pallet, and that's all you have to pick. So you're getting a rate of like 800 when you only need 40. Then after about eight months I signed up and became an Ambassador and was on the Safety Committee. I walked around in either a green or black vest and taught people how to drive the cherry pickers or fucked off with a clipboard all day for ten hours in the aisles. I got paid like $15/hr for doing fuck all.

You got a better gig than I did. They stuck me as a picker just mindlessly pushing a cart up and down the aisles are goddamned day. No chance to chat with anybody, no hearing any music, zero job satisfaction... shit sucked yo.

>work at pizza hut on weekends while at college because a group of stoner friends told me it was a decent gig
>start out overwhelmed but soon get into a rythim where I can make a pizza in seconds and remember the timing on the 10 already in the oven.
>manager is cool and doesn't give a shit if we smoke pot out back on break.
>start banging a waitress wench 10 years older than me who puts a pitcher of beer in the walkin for me whenever I ask.
>within 1 month manager leaves and fucks off offsite until close leaving me in charge until he comes back to collect the money.
>fuck waitress in walkin cooler on a slow night

It was a fun gig for a shitass college student and even during rush just automaton robotic functioning. I just hated the fact it took a couple days to get the grease fully cleansed from my skin.

Waffle house isn't fast food but it's food
>10hr, 2 weeks paid vacation a year, get paid cash money, no delay in paychecks for new hires
I love cooking food and im making more than my manager friend at McDonald's, so I love it but I haven't been there long enough to make it concrete
Im pretty sure it will be worth it even if I get 3rd shift where it's busy as all hell and when the drunks and stoners come out (appearantly it isn't uncommon for fights to break out)
They don't drug test unless you have an accident so im good for that
I would have stayed at Domino's delivery but the wear and tear on your car+gas money isn't worth the pay even with tips

Also breakfast food is the word and we get 9 dollars taken out of our check each week for food, not sure what the limit is but sounds good
And our managers at McDonald's got mad at us not paying for our water, but waffle house gets on to us for not drinking free water to stay hydrated

I had a couple interviews for Taco Bell and Jack in the Box and Carl's Jr. But I've been unable to get hired. I have aspergers and poor social skills and I haven't had a legal job yet and no car, my only education is a GED. Everytime I go in for a job interview I get nervous and drop the spaghetti. But I recently got my first car. Getting a job is hard for me.

For a simple cooking gig, that sounds like a passable deal. $9/ week for food? I crush that in a single meal there, getting my two eggs over easy, city ham, large hashbrowns scattered, smothered, diced, capped, and peppered, plus milk and orange juice. If you're getting a free meal every day worked, that's like a free $41/ week.

Do people really treat fast food workers badly? I always say please and thank you and if they aren't in a rush I ask them how their day is going etc. Sometimes they seem really relieved, it really must be a hellish job.

most of them are incompetent and don't care about their job.

Some douchebags do. I don't, because being a dick isn't going to get me my food any faster, but being decent doesn't cost me anything and might in the spots I eat in regularly. I don't try to chat them up for their life story, but a basic "hello", "please", "thank you" goes a long way.

>I take pride in my restaraunt and our food, so my first thought was, how can this happen?
That's actually almost touching. And retarded.

>Used to work the quick service place on the fifth floor of Disney Quest several years ago
>Half an hour after we closed at 9 someone came up saying they never got their order
>They show us a receipt from fucking 7 with almost everything on our menu, half of which had allergies
>They clearly fished it out of a garbage can
>Show it to the manager, tell her this is clear bullshit
>Manager doesn't care that we we're almost done cleaning, tells us to turn everything back on and make it all for them

We learned to rip all receipts when they come get their food immediately after.

Who the hell doesn't say a greeting and thank you when they receive their food

You should watch Jiro. That would inspire even the most nihilistic dullard to take pride in his work whether that was being the quickest pizza delivery boy or being the most qualified NASA engineer.

How does one enter a sexual relationship with a coworker?

>autismos make up half the board if not more
are you new here?

A job's a job and you need zero skills to do it. Sounds like a good highschooler gig.

not that user but what film you talking about?

Jiro Dreams of Sushi. It's a documentary about an old Japanese guy whose life is making sushi and has been for decades. His sushi shop is in a subway station. He's so enthusiastic and dedicated to his craft that there is literally a waiting list of 6 months or more just to eat his sushi.

It's incredibly inspirational to the tune of "it doesn't matter what you do, just be the goddamned best at it and your life will be fulfilling"

Question for fast food workers: If a customer asked you to spit in their food or otherwise tamper with its hygiene, would you do it? If not, would them explicitly asking you to do it stop you from doing it later if they pissed you off? Like "Wait a minute, that's his fucking fetish. Nope, not gonna give him what he wants".

I'll watch it. I like sushi after all.

Enjoy it

I cant recall this only has subtitles, right, because the guy can't speak English?

No

Is that to both questions?

Im not sure exactly how they do it, but it's somewhere in that neighborhood

It's a No to the entire scenario, because I am not risking my job for some Tendie loving GBP redeeming autist who wants me to spit in his food, i.e. you.

Even if the customer were to request that, it could be a ruse, and if it WERE NOT a ruse, I could still get fired if my manager saw me debasing a customer's food.

>because the guy can't speak English?
Fucking lazy.

High school gig? No, it's like 10 hours a day 5 days a week. it's a good holidays gig before you go back to school. But it easy job, perfect for someone fresh out of high school.

I know, learn the language, right, you chink.

Jus b urself