Hotdogs

What is the best style of hotdog and why is it the Denmark?

Every single one there looks 10/10
Except Norway
What the fuck is that shit?

I always wanted to try the Chicago. I like three different kinds. A chili/cheese dog, a hotdog with spicy mustard, diced onion and relish, or even a sauerkraut hotdog.

>Baltimore
I've lived in Baltimore for a few years, I've never heard of this. It looks disgusting. I'm surprised they don't pour Old Bay on it or something instead lol.

>every single one has mustard
fuck OFF

>What the fuck is that shit?
laziness

For me it is Kansas City, the best hot dogs

Not the Swedish one, it's also pretty gud.

Seconding this
Sauerkraut masterrace

>Cleveland dog
I have never seen that here. Skyline Chili dogs are the most popular.

Checked

Junkyard dog at weinerschnitzel is fucking delicious but the only one is forty minutes away

That neon green relish just looks unappetizing

>I've lived in Baltimore for a few years, I've never heard of this. It looks disgusting. I'm surprised they don't pour Old Bay on it or something instead lol.

Maybe its because this is an infograph of made-up bullshit that nobody eats or has heard of?

No idea, but danish hotdogs are so good I can't believe other countries don't do them besides germany

3 all the way and 2 chocolate milks please

I cut it open on its length and fill the opening with small slices of cheese, then I microwave it just enough so it doesn't blow up and to make the cheese melt.
I used to do that a lot in my neet days, it wasn't even a meal, just something I ate in-between meals.

the bests style of hot dog is having a brat instead

I'll take a Denver and a Memphis, please

For me it's the Hot Doug

I usually just go with mustard and ketchup

Memphis looks the nicest out of those

Ketchup hotdog is #1

The real question is, "Are hotdogs sandwiches?"

I know the Carolina and Chicago ones are accurate at least.

Wouldn't trust that chart, but having been to Denmark a fer times I would say those are the best hot dogs I've ever had. Still enjoy the trashy Coneys (chili dogs) you can find in the Upper Midwest. But there's no denying some of the crazy things Latinos do with hot doga. Same goes for the dogs at Karz's or Papaya King.

Montreal one too

hot dogs are wierd. its hard to make a great one yourself. alot of has to do with the sausage its hard make yourself so you have buy good ones. then the bun issue. here wr have this terrible mini bun with the cheapest mini shit wierners fit them. so its a shitshow. will have to put on my todo list to try make good hotdogs someday

for me its the chicago, denmark,czech,denver and most mentios german bratwurst and sauerkraut combo.

>Longanisa
>Hot dog

I'm calling bullshit, the flavor isn't even close

Get the Costco polish style weiners
They're the best

>sweden hotdog
>looks like a gross uncut dick
Lmao, fucking swedecucks

If you live in a world where Costco is the best you can get. Thankfully that's not everyone's world.

I know a Frenchman (from Bordeaux) and he fucking loves Costco's food, especially their cheese and meat selections

Don't you fucking mock Costco dogs

no costco here but i think it will take abit of trial and error to find the best one. im thinkin of foreign and local ones to try at first

The best style is the Coney. Onions, yellow mustard, and chili are all you need on your dawg.

You know nothing. Norway is easily the best one for barbecues.
Having a bunch of dry bread bigger than the hotdog itself is pleb tier.

>Norwegian
>tortilla
That's not at all what it is though. Tortillas are made with corn. This is something called lompe and is made using among other things, potato.

Most to least aesthetic
>Philippines
>Georgia
>Vietnam
>Argentina
>Guatemala
>Denver
>Bagel Dog
>China
>Denmark
>Potato Dog
>Hawaii
>Memphis
>Chile
>Cleveland
>Hawaii
>Brazil
>Sweden
>Peru
>Kansas City
>Baltimore
>Idaho
>Chicago
>Amsterdam
>France (seriously, that looks disgusting)

the best hot dog is the bratwurst

this one

>Amsterdamn

I have literally never seen the Sonora style and I used to visit Sonora a lot.

>What is the best style of hotdog and why is it the Denmark?
>Demark

that's a funny way to spell chicago OP

>Chicago
>Literally just a normal shitty hotdog but drenched in aids
Just like your shitty go'za

It's just too patrician for you.

They all suck besides kansas city and leaveland varieties. Based USA

T. Californio

I'm skeptical of the nomenclature on these, but I'm feeling that Memphis dog all day long.

>Amsterdam
>pizza sauce and mozzarella

What mongoloid came up with this shit?

The Swedish hotdog is the best imo

>t. never been out of the US and proud

Maybe the Baltimore one is real, just the entire time I was down there I've never heard anyone suggest this. I've known a lot of different people and usually when someone got a hotdog it was with mustard or a chili cheese dog. Anything that was "Baltimore" was usually covered in fucking Old Bay.

The US is a massive country, it's not really surprising that a lot of Americans don't leave it. It's not like Europe where everything is packed together.

it's good. try it.

>Norway
>large roasted tortilla
It's not a tortilla retards, it's made of potatoes and it's called a lompe

And besides, it's common to put toppings like onions and potato salad on it as well

I'd like any of those except the Baltimore. Just reading that one gave me heartburn and high blood pressure.

Like a Jewish latke?

IDGAF if it's "good", who the fuck thinks that pizza sauce and mozzarella are associated with Amsterdam? What happened to fucking Italy? Why not call this one the "Chinese dog" instead, or "the Martian hotdog", or the "stick it in your ass and dance" hotdog?

brazil hotdogs have mashed potatoes and cheese on them, this image is wrong

You boil potatoes and mash them, mix it with some spelt flour to make it a dough, then you make them very thin and flat and fry them. In consistency and use they are similar to tortillas, but they taste very different

>tunnbrödsrulle
As a man from the swedish west coast I need to post the "halv special". Boiled/grilled hot dog in a bread with mashed potatoes, ketchup+mustard and shrimp salad (or 'west coast salad'). It's way better than it looks but honestly not something you want to eat everyday.

I'm literally thinking of trying this
Can you make them with regular white flour or does it need to be spelt?

Amsterdam is the only place I've ever seen anyone sell a hot dog with pizza sauce on it. Do they do that anywhere else in the world?

I only tried making it once and I used regular white flour and it didn't really work out, but that might have just been me messing up. I should specify though that you don't fry them in oil or anything, you just put them in the pan for a little bit and then turn them, just to get them heated through.

This image forgets to mention that danish hot dogs are completely red, not for any flavour reason but because it's pretty much a culinary meme that danish hot dogs are red, so they add the colour

>a culinary meme that danish hot dogs are red, so they add the colour
Why does this feel like such a Danish thing to do?

Thiiiiis.
The poor bastards don't know what they're missing.

gonna go buy dogs cos of this thread from the store

>Natural casing beef dog
>Potato bread bun
>Meat sauce
>Brown mustard
>Raw vidalia onions

Thas how we do in Hartford county, sluts.

I must be the only one that goes full cuhrayzee for Bagel dogs

Not a fan of brown mustard, but otherwise that sounds good.

Add some cheese and it's perfect

R8 my settis. Be gentle no bully pls. The wasnt no sauerkraut and chilidog stuffing i mite do later. Both dogs are finnish quality but named after polish cities so im ecxpecting quality. Is frying the best way to go? What about boiling?

the varsova one is half bacon and some garlic. intrasting kombo and highly rated when i googled local goodies

Looking good, mate
BBQ is best, but I usually bake mine if I can't grill

pauhintaisrahkio

I'm not somebody who dislikes tomatoes, but that's too many.

SHIGGY

all the ones that are completely contained like sweden and hawii look pretty good, I imagine it's not so messy as the other ones

For me personally, its Guatemala the best fast food hotdog

Heres first two done

Looking good
I really want some hotdogs now

yeah i know that feel. this thread made me buy the ingredients. ive always somehow done less hotdogs than burgers. now that will change. was tasty and still can make 6 more atleast

Michigan looks delicious

Blä

to be fair nobody wants to eat swedish food everyday

did you make chicago style?

>TFW only eaten Hotdogs with ketchup and mustard my whole life
How do I step up my hotdog game Veeky Forums?

Raw onion, sharp cheese, mustard and ketchup

Pickled peppers, sauerkraut, and sour cream

Carmelized onions and BBQ sauce

England is literally just hotdog in a bun with fried onions and ketchup/mustard.

Tasty but boring.

kinda. i looked at ingredients from ones that id eat and made the shop list that way. i was pissed the store didnt have sauerkraut

A proper combo needs something sharp to bring out the flavours.
Mustard is god, but only if it's some real pungent French shit

Mustard is one thing England does well at least.

I'll take your word on it.
Being an American, I've only ever seen French related mustards having some real punch.

Do you have any brand recommendations?

Came out pretty good tho

also as a fellow scandifag, I assume you guys have lidl and aldi they usually sell sauerkraut

worst case you can make it yourself but it's hella gross

The go to brand is Colmans. If you don't like heat you may want to avoid though, it'll clear your nostrils if you have too much.

I'll keep an eye out for it.
I used to hate the real horseraddishy nasal power stuff as a kid, but it's grown on me a lot as I've gotten older.

I would like to sit down with Norway with Peru and discuss alternatives to whatever the fuck they're doing.

Although I haven't laughed this hard in a while and I appreciate it.

>Idaho
>Baked potato with a hot dog in the middle
Well what's the point then. You lose the convince of the hot dog and are basically just eating a ghetto loaded baked potato

yeah its usually in every store about. it was wierd that a big store didnt have it. tomorrow mite pick up some. pickles id like to try n make myself