Cheap Mozzarella?

Hi Cu/ck/'s

I'm a graduate student whose down on his luck financially and recently got into cooking homemade pizza.

Where can I find Mozzarella cheese on the cheap and in bulk? It's my only ingredient that is prohibitively expensive to keep buying.

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-16/the-parmesan-cheese-you-sprinkle-on-your-penne-could-be-wood
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dollar store

Well, buying it already shredded is your first mistake. You're paying for the labor it took to shred it, and the wood pulp they put in it to keep it from caking.

>wood pulp
It's arsenic you idiot

Cheap mozzarella makes shit pizza.

fucking idiot grad students doesnt know about costco/sams. good luck fuckhead

is it cheaper to buy it in block form? I do have a cheese grater

Buy daily chef at Sam's club. I've made lots of great pizza with it.

whats that

Gordon's food service poorfag

don't cheap out on the cheese, get the absolute best you can find and use it sparingly

>"now melts"

>be American
>eat wood pulp
>call it cheese
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-16/the-parmesan-cheese-you-sprinkle-on-your-penne-could-be-wood

probably costco

don't use cheese sparingly on a fucking pizza, that is terrible advice

Use Easy Cheese.

Super fucking cheap and you can hardly taste the difference.

Depends on where you're talking about. Loving lots of poor quality cheese vs less good quality varies radically by region. And socioeconomic class.

Costco. Also, don't get preshredded, it sucks and is full of anti-molding chemicals.

>caring this much about mozzarella
>AKA the blandest cheese known to mankind
>never mind the fact that cheeses lose a huge amount of flavor when heated up

This reads like the angry nerd that called me "pretentious" because I used Provolone on my cheeseburger, which he said was 'the blandest cheese ever'.

>>AKA the blandest cheese known to mankind
Flyover detected. Go back to your tendies.

You wouldn't know because you've never tried it.

>be European
>be too stupid to know there's a difference between wood pulp and the cellulose derived from it

>be American
>be so poor you have to bulk out your 'cheese' with cellulose.

In MA we have Cabot which is cheaper and very good quality. Bought the only thing about this state I enjoy.

Making fun of poor people is not very taseful

Neither is eating wood pulp

>Cabot
Looks delicious........

Sweet Jesus!

One gallon of milk makes one pound of cheese.
Just saying you could look into making your own.

Fresh mozzarella is lovely. That low moisture crap is awful, but that's what you're stuck with on your pizza if your oven doesn't get hot enough to melt fresh without making the pizza a runny mess.

Now you've got me curious.
What's a "decent" grocery store brand that I can pick up in the shithole that is California?

>>"decent"
>>grocery store brand

Pick one. Mozzarella di Bufala or go home.

I chop my own wood in the back yard and pulp that shit up and add milk. Wa la, mozzarella

>What's a "decent" grocery store brand
There are none I'm aware of. You need to get it from a place that either makes it on premises or sources their cheese from actual cheesemakers, not brands. But it's easy to make yourself.

Sorry dude, you're not going to find decent Mozarella in the USA. Our domestic stuff is made with awful pasteurised milk and the imported stuff is what the Europeans reject.
I had it when I was stationed in Italy during the Oil Wars, there's nothing here that's comparable.

they quit using that stuff when all those articles came out.

pretty sure kraft leaves a chunk of unshredded cheese in the bags now to let you know they grated it and did nothing else

I will never get on your'e level, why live?

Anybody else get really drunk and find themselves eating grated Mozart out of a bag

>fucking idiot grad students doesnt know about costco/sams. good luck fuckhead

Well he does now doesn't he because you just told him

>Anybody else get really drunk and eat grated Mozart

Are you drunk now?

That's not entirely true. You can get decent stuff in some cities on the East Coast. I spent $12 on a burrata from Italy at Zabar's (kept on ice and imported from Italy) that was very good. I remember some cheesemaker was doing a decent mozzarella in the Philly area as well. The cow's milk fresh cheese you find in NYC is not as good as the Buffala from Italy, but it's still pretty good if you go to the right place.

Great Value, Heritage, Coburn, and three other brands I can't remember are all the same cheese, just put in different packaging. Kraft had it's own processing plants.

Most of the mozzarella came from New Jersey I think, while all the cheddars came out of New Mexico.