Can someone explain fat to me once and for all

can someone explain fat to me once and for all

I know lobbyists and what not have caused americas obesity by telling us fat is bad, but sugar is fine, meanwhile sugar is the thing that has been making us sick and fat all these years.

now everyone is eating fat again, but does this mean I can basically eat as much fat as I want with no consequences after all? or am I still running a risk to my heart by eating pork rinds and steak all the time?

Your lack of self control is making you fat, fatty

Food is energy. When you don't use it, it gets stored. Pretty simple.

>fat is less unhealthy than sugar
>this must mean its ok to eat 5 cheeseburgers for dinner

dietary fat != bodyfat
You eat food in order to derive chemical energy from it. This can be used to drive various bodily functions (contracting muscles, etc) Or be used to replace tissue or grow more tissue in response to bodily needs. Stress your muscles a bunch? When your body has spare energy it may use some to grow new muscle. Don't do shit but lay around and eat? You'll likely have a huge energy surplus, and surprise, it'll be stored as fat.

I could then eat you, including your fat, do a bunch of deadlifts and run a shitload and burn some of that energy to move, with most of the excess going towards repairing muscles.

>I could then eat you, including your fat
doubt it

As far as dietary fats go, it gets chemically complicated but the gist of it is:

1. Don't eat too much fat.
2. Try to eat natural fats, like the fat from nuts, plants and oily fish like salmon. Some of these fats are necessary for us to live as our bodies can't produce them ourselves.

3. Stay the fuck away from Hydrogenated Fats, or "Trans Fats". These are the fats that are commonly used to make fast food and junk food. These are the fats that can greatly increase your risk of heart disease because they bond well with bad cholesterol and clog your arteries up.

TLDR version: eat moderate amounts of natural fats and stay away from deep fried fast food.

>tfw you know you're unhealthy as fuck but you're not fat so you just ignore it

Get your fat from fish, olive oil, and canola oil

Don't eat butter, margarine, red meat, or vegetable oil

You're fat, you just have a lot of vascular fat. It's packed around your organs, not under your skin. This where the term "Skinny Fat" comes from.

Flab is subcutaneous fat, it's stored under the skin.

Dont listen to these idiots op, eat literally whatever you. Heart disease is hereditary.

Human diet should be roughly 40% carbs (not just sugar you fat shit, that includes grains, vegetables, etc) 30% fats and 30% protein.

Just eat healthy ffs. Cut down on processed foods, eat more veggies, leaner meats, and whole grains and you'll be just fine.

Stick to plant based fats is the healthiest option less is more

Avoid land based animal fats reptile and amphibian would be better than pork, chicken, and any other farm animal, as they are iron based blood creatures unlike copper based creatures like reptiles and such

Fish is alright still shark is better

Fat does not make you fat. The only macronutrient which, in a vacuum, has a higher propensity for producing bodyfat is actually carbs.

Getting fat requires a gradual replacement of filling foods (like meat, cheese, high fat dairy, and vegetables) with non-filling foods (sugary shit, baked goods, anything made of grain, whole included). In the modern day where the average person isnt wrangling cattle on 10 acres of land in his agrarian village, and where he has less willpower than an autistic rodent, carbs are incredibly effective at filling you with excess calories and making you produce more bodyfat. 100g of vegetables or lean meat would leave you full for an hour and be digested efficiently into energy for the entire hour, whereas 100g of bread or potato chips is hardly noticeable in your stomach, and the carbs consisting the food get converted directly into bodyfat a mere 30 minutes after eating. Not to mention shit like potato chips and white bread have been carefully formulated to be as physically addictive as possible by many ((())) owned corporations.

Tl;dr literally fuck carbs.

>reptile and amphibian would be better than pork, chicken, and any other farm animal
>Fish is alright still shark is better

Did you forget to take your fucking lithium today?

>Did you forget to take your fucking lithium today?

Suck my dick

The world is flat was once understood to be fact, still today your asking about me and meds please speak for yourself you seem overly excited

So sorry bud what I say stands particularly the comand about sucking my dick

Motherfucker I will render your fat down and use it to deep-fry your meat. Hell, I'll invite guests. It'll be a party!

Hahaha oh man, got your number so fucking hard

I'm glad I'm not mentally ill

well remember, if you get too fat you can always post a suicide thread in b saying you are really obese and have a bunch of people tell you that you should live and your weight is not an issue.
rinse and repeat.

>I know lobbyists and what not have caused americas obesity by telling us fat is bad, but sugar is fine, meanwhile sugar is the thing that has been making us sick and fat all these years.
No

What actually happened is that scientists all over the planet found out that saturated fat and total fat cause cardiovascular disease and diabetes and provide almost no satiety, leading to obesity. Then governments started telling people to stop eating so much fat, especially saturated, and also to stop eating refined sugar. Nobody followed these recommendations and as a result, people got fatter and sicker as time went on.

Because they sell saturated fat products, the meat, dairy and oil industries then launched a massive propaganda offensive in tandem with libertarian billionaires, promoting bad science and conspiracy theories to create a perception that an increase in obesity and diabetes was due to dietary guidelines released by governments and the subsequent replacement of fat with carbohydrates, and that refined sugar, not saturated fat, actually causes heart disease, obesity and diabetes, and that the sugar industry has controlled all of scientific research and dietary guidelines for the past 100 or so years. Fake news outlets propagated this nonsense liberally because it generates a lot of money for them when obese retards click their articles saying bacon, cheese and eggs are good for you. These same obese retards then bought these conspiracy theories wholesale because they are obese retards, and constructed a dietary cult revolving around a ketogenic diet, intentional starvation and statin denialism among highly flawed physiology, led by a bunch of Jews.

Meanwhile, even a most casual look at the evidence shows that, on an epidemiological scale, fat makes you fat, and, on any scale and any line of evidence, saturated fat causes heart disease and diabetes, among many other illnesses.

Sure
Yea
K.

Is this plot saying that the average person in this study ate ~1900 cal/day in 2010? The typical fatass eats at least twice that. Also, the plot doesn't distinguish between refined sugar and just carbs, and I highly doubt sugar intake has decreased in the past half century... I see the point you're trying to make but I don't think those plots support it.

>saturated fat provides almost no satiety
what?

The only food you can eat with reckless abandon is vegetables. At this point, most of the Western world is too fat so the nutritional recommendations are mostly aimed at weight loss. Sugars are just the first to go because they're empty calories (and cause/worsen diabetes). Cutting fat out is a good weight loss strategy because it reduces calorie intake by quite a lot, as fat is about twice as calorically dense as protein or carbs by weight. You do still need a good amount of fat for your body to function though, so don't cut too much of it out. Ideally most of the fat you eat should be unsaturated (nuts, avocado, etc). Trans fats (fast food, fried food, etc) are garbage, get rid of them. Most science says that if you keep saturated fat to a moderate amount, you'll be fine.

The plot is Japan

>saturated fat provides almost no satiety
When you add saturated fat to a meal or give it to people to eat it has next to no effect on their satiety or the amount of food they'll eat that day or the next. It's basically like it isn't there. Same case for cheese and fatty meat etc., the fat is just decoration, it's the protein that determines satiety. Refined sugar provides some amount of satiety since your body can effectively utilize it for energy.

Within 10 hours of consuming saturated fat, only 10-16% is used for energy and within 24 hours only up to 25% of it is used for energy and 75% is stored as fat in liver and adipose tissue.

Your body effectively combusts it's food which is why you breath in oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide.
You body will store extra energy that it consumes as body fat when you consume more energy than you need.
Sugar and fat are both very high energy sources of food. However sugary foods can be consumed very quickly in low volume and deliver a massive energy load. Making it easy to eat more energy than you need.

When you don't consume enough energy your body will start to convert fat and muscle tissue into energy.
Eat too much and you get fat. Eat too little and you start to convert body mass into energy. (mostly stored fat first)
The conversion from the range of energy sources into fat and from fat into energy loses a small bit of energy.

Sugar as it consumed in modern times tends to overload your system and put stress on the digestion system. Slowly consuming sugar would be better as it gives your body more time to directly use that energy to meet it needs rather than shocking the system with too much.

Vegetables are very low energy sources so it's easier to fill up on vegetables without actually consuming a large amount of calories.
Sugar isn't bad we just eat too much too quickly. HFCS isn't some magic evil sugar that worse than other sugar. It's just cheap.

That picture triggers me so much. Meat is low calorie as fuck. If you don't want fat just eat lean meats. If you want beef. Eat lean cuts of it. Smfh.

fat is more calry dense than sugar/carbs but you can easily eat 3000 calories of high sugar/carbs food in one sitting when for high fat food you would make it to 1500 and feel really sick afterwards and end up throwing up if you keep going

It would still show in your weight.

Its lovely to hear all this repeating nonsense which always has a counter study

I only wish folks here had some good sense in reality more often than not

lowfat diets are a bad idea if you are trying to lose a lot of weight because it chemically causes depression wich will make a fat person relapse and because even if the fat guy powers through low fat diet makes the skin lose elasticity and he will lose the weight but end up with tons of lose skin

Confirmed for never having eaten a low-fat diet for even a single day

i actually have...

>can I eat as much fat as I want?
If you don't mind having a massive calorie surplus

>don't eat butter or red meat
faggot detected

so basically I had 1lb of ground turkey and the sell by was 2 days ago, so I went and just made the entire thing into a giant burger, but instead of a bun I'm eating it with sweet potatoes

did I healthy correctly?

>does this mean I can basically eat as much fat as I want with no consequences after all? or am I still running a risk to my heart by eating pork rinds and steak all the time?
No, it means that if you eat in a sane and sensible manner, and avoid carbohydrates, you won't turn into a diabetic landwhale.

Source: I am currently a diabetic landwhale, but thanks to the miracle of keto my diabetes is now under control without medication, and I've lost a third of my hamplanetude.

> t. grain merchant
enjoy yur diabeetus

> t. cannibal
enjoy your prion diseases

Well, sweet potatoes are still carbs, but at least they're not white bread. You'd be better off replacing them with a lettuce-bun or better yet use a couple of grilled portobello mushrooms as "buns".

Did you split it up into portions? Or are you just eating a pound of turkey?

Cause over eating is over eating, even if it's not junk food.

No, because you're eating too much god damn food. Any excess calories, does not matter what they are from, will get turned into body fat. So unless you're gonna go run a marathon you ate too much.

Eat healthy food, but eat sensible portions of it.

I ate half the turkey and all the potatoes, and then the rest of the turkey 2 hours later

You ate too fucking much.

You should have split the turkey into at least four portions, cooked it, had one portion with like half a good sized sweet potato and put the rest in the fridge. Four 1/4 portions of turkey burger is enough for four separate meals.

Eating too much will make you fat, dumbass.

>the carbs consisting the food get converted directly into bodyfat a mere 30 minutes after eating
Absolute horseshit. You're carrying about two days' worth of glycogen in your blood right now, it's absolutely impossible that the energy is stored as fat that fast.

but I'm still hungry :/

Eat more fruits and vegetables, they're nutrient dense and calorie light. Plus the fiber makes you feel full.

Another thing you could have done with that turkey and sweet potatoes was combine it with a bag of frozen vegetables and some stock and made a pot of soup.

You would have a week's worth of healthy lunches and soup is very filling and cheap to make.

I lost a lot of weight making a pot of soup a week.

you'll only get prions if you eat the brain

>The world is flat was once understood to be fact,

This isn't true, people have known the Earth was round for thousands of years. Across many different cultures and levels of education

Fat calories are better than sugar calories, but less good than protein calories. Don't eat too many calories relative to how much you exercise

Stop please you have tried too hard and fallen short just let go and get back to the drawing /b/oard

>You're fat, you just have a lot of vascular fat. It's packed around your organs, not under your skin. This where the term "Skinny Fat" comes from.

No it's not. Accruing large amounts of vascular fat and being skinny-fat are two vastly different scenarios. Being skinny-fat is a general fitness term for someone who looks "thin" with a shirt on but still has a reasonably high subcutaneous body fat percentage and no muscle mass, it has nothing to do with abdominal vascular fat that forms around the organs.

is bacon fat a healthy or unhealthy fat? recently when i make myself bacon and eggs i cut the fat off the bacon and render it down and fry everything in that... should i just cut the fat off and fry in olive/canola oil?

Bacon fat is a saturated fat. It can get really complicated chemistry wise but the three basic categories are:

Unsaturated fats: Olive oil, fish, nuts, etc.
Saturated fats: meat, butter, cheese, palm oil, coconut oil, lard
Hydrogenated Fats: Altered fats that are used in fast food, snack cakes, etc.

Unsaturated fats are the good fats because they don't bond chemically with cholesterol or other fats and we process them very efficiently.

Saturated fats bond better with each other and cholesterol and if eaten in excess can cause cardio problems.

Hydrogenated fats bond to cholesterol like crazy and greatly increase the risk of heart disease.

Since bacon fat is a saturated fat it's best to eat it sparingly (also lol sodium). A 1oz serving (about three pieces) is generally considered an okay serving and if you put it with egg or cheese you probably don't want to eat it for breakfast every day. Switch it up and have some oatmeal now and then.

Why don't you make me, nerd?

I did it too. I became severely depressed and food was constantly on my mind. I was also really sensitive to cold for some reason. I've since then adapted a more balanced diet. I eat from most food groups everyday with healthy fats and all nutrients accounted for.

The problem for me is a lot of really good food (i love yogurt, pumpkin seeds, and eggs) has fat in it and avoiding it makes it really hard to stay on a diet/lifestyle forever. I'm much more comfortable this way, but to each their own. If low-fat helps you then that's fine too.

>You're carrying about two days' worth of glycogen in your blood right now

Absolute horseshit. Ive been on keto for two weeks and my piss reeks of acetone.

>Why don't you make me, nerd
Reminder this is an 18 and over site

>Picture
Now see, the problem with "links" is that they don't actually mean anything. The simple fact that the percentage of overweight increased at the same time that relative fat consumption did does not mean that increased relative fat consumption caused the increase in overweight.
If you can't accept this scientific fact, and need a possible anecdotal reason for why the link could be false, one could consider that perhaps people ate more carbs because they were cheaper and struggled to get enough food, then when they had more money and could afford meat they also started eating more because they could afford to.

>What actually happened is that scientists all over the planet found out that saturated fat and total fat cause cardiovascular disease and diabetes and provide almost no satiety, leading to obesity
Also this is completely false. You will not find any study claiming that either fat itself causes either of those things.

Hmmm

Yeah hmmmm

Yes, but how does this table collate with my cardinal humors' delicate balance and my astrological sign? Must I always consult both the I Ching and Tarot cards to decide what to eat?

Ahh baby

One day you may find yourself not asking so many questions making others understand that you really are oh so very stipid indeed. Maybe

Re-read the sticky
All faggots belong in Veeky Forums