What's For Dinner?

A year ago, I asked this board for advice about how to go about making a German style pizza and some of the best meats for it. Of course I got a quagmire of autism about how what I was making wasn't German, but I also did get some actual help with my project. Tonight, I finally got around to doing it with some friends, and pic related is how it looked after putting the finishing touches on it. I want to thank those of you who helped for making this pizza as amazing as it was (Kasseler is a fine pizza topping, as is Nuremburg Bratwurst and others)

Anyways this pizza is made with a homemade pizza crust, and does have mozzarella cheese on it as a base cheese. That's as American as this gets.

The toppings were a sliced white onion, Thuringer Salami, Kasseler, Farmer's Bratwurst, Nuremburg Bratwurst, and Nuß Schinken.

On top of that is homemade Spätzle made with both sparkling mineral water and milk for a lighter texture, and drizzled atop it is a homemade beer sauce with some Emmenthaler cheese in it (Ok, Emmenthaler is Swiss, but was still good), using a German Whitebeer as the base for it.

The crust was stuffed with frankfurters and some leftover swiss cheese. I intended it to be like a Pigs-in-a-Blanket deal, but it turned out better. The pizza crust was enough that it was easy to turn it into a sort of pizza crust hot dog bun that you can put more beer sauce or mustard and/or sauerkraut into.

Sorry for gushing, but that pizza was a long time coming.

Anyways, what did you guys have for dinner?

Other urls found in this thread:

chefs-table.homebrewchef.com/recipe/german-beer-cheese-sauce/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also, here's a sideshot of the pizza, you can see the frankfurter and maybe some toppings under the Spätzle.

>a whole fucking year

I know right? I didn't get around to it until now because me and my friend's schedules didn't mesh for that long.

It sounds... Ok... I guess?

Ditch the fucking spatzle and you got something great

Tell you what OP we better not ever cross paths because my missus will cuck me in a heartbeat for a slice of that pizza. She's nuts for German food

I can't say that stuff on top looks hugely appetizing but I'm sure it is. I'll give you a 10/10

pretty much this, would devour after my 3rd beer

It was pretty damn good with the spaetzle on top.

you're living the dream friend, glad your plans finally came to fruition.

nice dubs

German food isn't about looking good, but being good. And don't you worry, I've learned my lesson about getting with women in relationships and marriages on my end.

Would devour.

was there no other cheese? just the sauce?

Just Mozzarella and Emmenthaler Cheese. The sauce had Emmenthaler infused into it, but it was also used throughout the pizza as well. I didn't want tangy flavors on the pizza so that sauerkraut can be used to good effect if desired.

Oh my God Thuringer. I haven't thought of that in a good 15 years. My grandfather always made sandwiches out of it. Thanks for the nostalgia OP.

Das ist irgendwie abartig, user, pfui bäh

Yeah I'd probably just have kraut on the side to eat every several bites or put a bite here or there.

Bischen zu viel des Guten.

Du aßest es nicht, aber danke schön für deine Meinung.

Die Spätzle auf dem Pizza ist genau komisch, doch meine Freunden und ich wollten, warum nicht sie auf dem Pizza haben? Trotz der komischen Einstellung genossen wir es völlig.

Deutsch ist auch nicht meine erste Sprache.

Ich würde auch essen. Aber schon verdammt mächtig

Das ist gerecht.

That sounds like it tastes alright but the pizza looks rather revolting, OP.

Looks beastly, OP. Congrats on living your dream. What's the beer sauce recipe?

Like I said, German food is about being good over looking good.

Just something I found on the internet. Here's the link to it:

chefs-table.homebrewchef.com/recipe/german-beer-cheese-sauce/

I made it with Erdinger Weißbier if it helps.

Organic pasta
Organic gravy
Grass fed beef mixed in
Or
Rotisserie chicken
French bread
Baby spinach salad
Maybe fried squash

Sautéd squash rather

OP this reminds me of when Japanese people try to cook Italian.

Do you put anything on the french bread?

no i haven't though of anything. do you have any suggestions?

Not really, but it does make for a nice sponge to soak up all the leftover sauces and juices after you finish the rest of the meal.

Update on the Italian dinner folks

Looking good so far, how'd you prep the beef? Are you making the sauce by hand?

No it's from a jar. I heated it then added the beef. The beef is grass fed with no other stuff added aside from olive oil. I don't have any seasonings. I just moved in to a new place and forgot to buy some stuff at the store today. Here it is done though

Then make good use of that sauce as seasoning. Enjoy!