Non stick hardware

What are the best non-sticking pans? Teflon unfortunately isn't a choice.

I've bought one from a local store but as soon as I thrown in an omelette it become a scrambled egg,
liver was a little less messy but still it left some nasty stains.

Other urls found in this thread:

centurylife.org/is-teflon-safe/
thesweethome.com/reviews/best-nonstick-pan/
youtube.com/watch?v=emaLLNnDTnc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is teflon not a choice?
PTFE will be in just about any coating, it's not gonna kill you.

Teflon is by far the safest of the non-stick coatings. Its got years of R&D behind it compared to "ceramic" coatings which have only been out for a few years.

Professional teflon lasts for about 3-5 years with proper use.

Well seasoned carbon steel. Eggs slide around in mine

I know, but they stopped selling them around here apparently.
I asked why and the salesman said "because muh toxicity". Prob online I can find'em

Trolling hard here

cast iron

All pans stick

>What are the best non-sticking pans? Teflon unfortunately isn't a choice.
It's either, another PTFE that or ceramic. Nothing else is as scientifically friction-less (not even a well-seasoned cast iron skillet). Read this:
centurylife.org/is-teflon-safe/

thesweethome.com/reviews/best-nonstick-pan/
The best tested pan is a Tramontina 10" model, and "budget" options are Cuisinart Contour pans and especially the T-Fal E#### workhorses.
You have to remember non-stick pans are not heirloom kitchen pieces and depending on how often you use your will a cabinet shelf-life of 1 year or two of maximum nonstickness. Half the reason, they weaer out sooner is people don't treat them well and are abusive to the delicate coating on them. See this:
youtube.com/watch?v=emaLLNnDTnc

>I've bought one from a local store but as soon as I thrown in an omelette it become a scrambled egg, liver was a little less messy but still it left some nasty stains.
See above, I'm doubting it was the pan's fault.

Not trolling. I went around few shop and didn't find any, just ceramic, stone, something not as good as teflon and plain steel.
Not in the US, I'm in Italy

What's the point of non-sticking pans if I still have to use oil to avoid sticking?

Oil does a lot more than prevent sticking, you mong.

A lot of 'stone' coatings are just PTFE akin to teflon. My advice would be to pick up a cheap coated pan for eggs or whatever, then a stainless or cast iron skillet for everything else.

You live in a shithole then full of jews trying to sell you poor quality, probably expensive cookwear.

Just buy a teflon pan on amazon.

>"But Teflon is TOXIC muh health is going to suffer"

Lot of crap, teflon once manufactured does contain PFOA, however before the cookwear is coated with it the teflon is heated to a far higher temp than its ever likely to see on top of a stove. This burns practically all of the PFOA off of it. The "gas" that is released when you over-heat Teflon is a basic polymer fume, which can cause a bit of irritation, but no more than smoking oil in a cast iron or other steel pan, and wont happen at all unless you cook on a very high temp, the oil will smoke before the coating gives off fumes.

Teflon is essentially inert, and is impossible for the stomach to break down. Ingesting teflon isn't ideal but is hardly dangerous, it'll pass through without releasing anything into your system.

I know, carbon-fluorine bonds are so ridiculously strong that won't interact with anything else. The average salesman is probably a dropout, I was not that surprised when they tried to tell me is muh dangerous.

I just came back from an Eastern European country and even I could manage to find a teflon pan there in some pleb-tier hypermarket.

Change shop.

Is there anyone here who spends a lot on premium non-stick pans?

I did like twice but always regretted it.
They die maybe half a year later than the cheap ones.

Maybe they hold longer if you treat them right but im a klutz and often forget to turn off the stove so they get super heated.

The problem with non-stick pans is they start to lose their surface in as soon as a few months with regular use (or weeks with heavy use) and you can't really get it back.

If you get a stainless steel pan, you can season it with oil and it will act just like a non-stick pan only once the surface wears off you can easily re-season it.

I have a question for the castiron fags.
Do you you use them to deglaze fond as well?

Depends what you mean.

Years ago I bought a Calphalon nonstick pan that cost well over $100. It wasn't even close to worth it. It lasted no longer than a $20 T-Fal.

OTOH, the Restaurant store brands like Tramontina and Alegacy (Aka Eagleware) are a VERY worthwhile purchase. They're more expensive than Wal-Mart junk but they're nowhere near the level of the fancy "premium" brands like Calphalon.

You can, just use a wooden utensil and a non-acidic liquid like stock.

If it's a newer pan, I wouldn't. Gotta give it time to really build up that patina.

If the pan is properly seasoned it will work just fine.

Though I prefer to use stainless pans if I want to make something involving fond. Properly seasoned CI doesn't generate much fond. Different tools are best suited for different jobs.

Nonstick for delicate foods that stick very easily
Cast iron for high-heat use, searing, baking in the oven, etc.
Stainless for when you want to generate a fond, or for cooking highly acidic foods.

Do you have a parrot or something? If so just keep them a couple rooms away and have the windows open.

Yeah, figures. I always just buy the average ones for $20 or less and get a new one every couple years because they're all trash when the coating dies anyway. I have family who always seem to have the expensive ass ones and I probably wouldn't be able ask them without coming across as a dick.

Whatever Gordon uses