How do restaurants make theirs so much better than the store bought stuff?

How do restaurants make theirs so much better than the store bought stuff?

I want to make salsa, how should I do it so it's like the one in restaurants?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1wn6vnd4xYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

make it with fresh ingredients, the stuff on shelves are pumped full of shit to make it last longer, obviously it'll taste different.

Salsa is one of the easier things to make yourself, and it's also one of the best, in my opinion.

diced tomato
diced onion
cilantro (lots)
diced chilis (to taste)

Optional stuff:

corn
black beans

>How do restaurants make theirs so much better than the store bought stuff?
It's freshly made. On the other hand store-bought salsa is always cooked because it must be in order not to rot on the store shelf at room temperature.

Restaurant-style salsa is dirt fucking simple to make. Get a blender or food processor. Add tomatoes (canned is fine), a little onion, a little cilantro, and however much (and type) of chilies that suit your heat level. Pulse it until you get the texture you want.

food wishes fire roasted salsa is the best salsa i've ever tasted

youtube.com/watch?v=1wn6vnd4xYc

I've done this before but when I put the tomatoes and other ingredients into a blender it becomes very frothy and not quit like the salsa in restaurants. I don't have a food processor to see if that would make it more like what I'm looking for.

Should I cook it out a bit after making it? Like blend it all in a blender and then cook it for a like 15 minutes for the flavors to develop?

>it becomes very frothy
Pulse it bro. Just press the "pulse" button briefly. It just takes a second or two.

>>Should I cook it out a bit after making it?
You can if you want to, but that's probably not the flavor you want. The stuff in the OP pic is not cooked. The VAST majority of salsa like this is not cooked. That's why it tastes so different than the stuff at the supermarket. Supermarket is cooked. Generic Tex-mex is not. There are cooked salsas but that's a whole different thing than you are asking for.

Here is a specifc recipe that will get you exactly what's in OP:
-1 28oz can whole tomatoes, drained
-However many jalapenos you want (fresh or canned)
-However many dried arbol chilies you want
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp salt
-4 cloves raw garlic.
-1/2 a raw white onion
-some cilantro

Put everything except the tomatoes in the blender. Puree it. Add the tomatoes (drained). Pulse it briefly so the tomatoes are broken up but it's not frothy.

Be careful with the cilantro. It will get much stronger in flavor as the salsa sits. Use less than you expect you might want because the flavor will grow. You can always add more but you can't take it out!

why would you put it in a blender in the first place?
either just mix the ingredients with a spoon or cook it for a bit. although i suppose just dicing them up would make it a pico de gallo

>why would you put it in a blender in the first place?

Because the blender is far more efficient at cutting up all the ingredients than using a knife, mortar and pestle, etc. It's also less cleanup. Put everything in the blender. Pulse. Pour out your salsa, stick the blender jar in the dishwasher. Done.

And if OP wants the typical tex-mex style salsa that's shown in the OP pic he sure as fuck doesn't want to cook it.

>cilantro

It has all the salt and spit of the last 4 tables that ate it.

>cumin in salsa

Ruined. No mexican would do that, cumskin.

Texmex you illiterate beaner

I've eaten salsa at about 15 different Texmex places here in TX and I've yet to be able to make anything even close. I'm not sure what they do

SeeI live in Texas, that's what you'd get at 95% of the Tex-mex places around here.

>having defective soap genes

>having a birth defect

Must feel very bad, man

We're in the same boat. I asked this 2 weeks ago.
>Pulse it bro. Just press the "pulse" button briefly. It just takes a second or two.
Gonna try this next time.

Mexican here. Fuck you I do what I want.

No one has mentioned the most important final two steps. After you pulse it, you have to fry it in a couple tablespoons of HOT oil. Bring it to a boil then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.

>Mexican here. Fuck you I do what I want.

Mexican here too

You know cumin in salsa is totally stupid, but thats fine do whatever you like

I cum in all my salsa when I bring food to a party. Makes the "You got a little Mexican in ya?" joke have a better punchline.

This post is so lame!

I wish the entire board would not answer without asking what user is even asking about, firstly salsa has many ways of being done, so 0p what places are you talking about shitty taco bell salsas, maybe jack in the box place salsas, or fake taco bell places, maybe something more like what that old lady in the back is whipping up, the lack of context is lame, all the answers from the board just dont help without clarifi/ck/ation

This saddens me cause everyone posted whatever they think good salsa is when op failed to make things clear instead left everything vague

Fuck you op
IMAGINE
>I want opinions that have value from folks with sense better than that stuff from them other guys

>I want to make it, so how should i do it so it makes sense

Im toatally in a wtf guys really wtf
I DARE SAY YOU ALL FELL FOR WEAK BAIT

Aside from all this a salsa thread is in the current archive

Wow just wow /i am disapoint