When cooking meatballs in tomato sauce

the sauce always loses so much color and looks less apatizing- any way to avoid this or fix?

Add ketchup.

Add some cum to lighten up the color

Have you tried killing yourself?

When you say "Tomato Sauce" i hope you mean 2 cans of crushed tinned tomatoes

is that how you make tomato sauce? pix in op has garlic, olive oil, basil, hot peppers, a bit of sugar to remove the acidity of the tomatoes, and mushrooms obviously

Make sure your Meat ball is Brown and thoroughly cooked. Use homemade Stock for the sauce if available, and add the Meatballs a minute or to before serving. But your sauce looks really good i think, its your plating where it falls apart. Nice and vibrant green colour on your side, it just needs correct plating

I see, I cooked the meatballs from raw in the sauce. how would you go about browning them before throwing them in? there's no pasta under the meatballs so it was tricky to present

I would use diced onion, garlic, fresh chilli in olive oil, followed by said 2 cans of crushed tomatoes simmered then a dash of balsamic vinegar, basil & seasoning stirred in at the very end just before serving. Simple, traditional & delicious.
Your meatballs better have some mustard & breadcrumbs with oregano & rosemary too, browned before making the sauce, then placed back into the sauce as you simmer.

not that user but you could either fry them gently on a pan ( which is what i do ) or maybe could try baking them

>balsamic vinegar
>mustard in metaballs

interesting, will try next time

I usually would use a good pork & veal (half kilo) mix from the butcher. I use Saos (crackers) as breadcrumbs, chuck about 12 broken up in a blender with the herbs then mix that with a good tablespoon of mustard with the meat. Mix the shit out of it & then roll out little balls 1 by 1

How about you put in some tumeric? Gives the dish some colour

>metaballs

but yeah, even if you're stewing the meatball, which is by no means necessary, you want to panfry or broil them brown first.

>Your meatballs better have

If you say anything other than meat and some binder, you're being a pretentious cunt.

Your food sounds good, but don't tell people their food is inherently "wrong" it's fucking annoying.

OP, if you pan fried them first to make them delicious, the sauce will darken and take on some color, but you could always cook them together for less time to diminish the effect. Sauce need not be bright ass red at all times.

the grey brown colour is from mushrooms. Don't put them in or add them 15 mins before serving.

watch goodfellas & the godfather, then riff on it. There's no other legitamite way to learn to make sunday gravy

Baking is at least a decent choice. I'm no professional but I've always used my grandmother's recipe and I'm pretty sure I've received genuine compliments about them.

Cooking your sauce too long.

Red wine. Bit don't add at the end so as not to make the sauce too acidic

brown your meatballs first or bake them and add them before you serve.

This negro knows the score.

looks pretty good, what's in that sauce?