I'm tired of making shitty scrambled eggs

I'm tired of making shitty scrambled eggs.

>heat skillet
>throw in butter and cover bottom of skillet
>crack open egg into it, break up yolk with spatula
>let cook until it isn't leaving any noticeable residue behind and flip, repeat
>take out and add salt or else it taste horrible

Sometimes I just choose to go to McDonalds for breakfast because my egg cooking sucks. How the hell do you cook scrambled eggs without taking literally forever to do so and preferably with nothing except eggs (and salt for after if needed)?

Pic related. They look like this except even more flat and depressing.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2015/05/how-to-make-scrambled-eggs.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0
youtube.com/watch?v=s9r-CxnCXkg
food.com/recipe/ruhrei-mennonite-scrambled-eggs-139989
youtu.be/tEBlbUECI3A
youtube.com/watch?v=96sd2rfSJSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=B9ahyPmDb7c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Beat them in a separate bowl, you dolt.

Aren't you supposed to beat the eggs before adding them to the pan?

I crack two eggs into a bowl and add just a tiny slash of milk. Then I mix it up with a fork and pour it onto a heated skillet.

Dude. You're not making scrambled eggs, you're making broken fried egg.

litterally put the egg in a cup and stir it first and add a drop of milk and stirr while cooking

those taste really good though, i think maybe we should be looking at what you want out of your scrambled eggs.

if you're doing just eggs and salt, that's sort of the limit. yeah you can whisk them in a cup beforehand for an even blend. other anons are using milk, personally i do heavy cream. whatever you have is good. salt, pepper, sure.

do you want them fluffier, or a different consistency entirely? are you just getting bored of them?

Whenever I eat the ones I cook, I feel like I'm living in some 3rd world commie shithole eating some horrid ration issued instacook eggs or some shit. That's how bad they are, but they are at least edible and taste SOMEWHAT alright.

I just want more flavor honestly. I have to pracitcally layer it with salt before I eat it or else it taste like nasty shit.

so you like to eat salt, not eggs.

This, and add a splash of milk and a dash of parsley.

Beat: Eggs + Salt + Dairy
Cold pan
Eggs in with lump of butter on med heat
Allow butter to melt into eggs
Stir once curds begin to form until completion.

Serve over toast, with a little pesto, or tomato chutney. Add pepper, parmesan, hotsauce, etc.

There's just no better way to do it. Fast, reliable, gorgeously silky while still retaining texture.

you should find a hot sauce or salsa you really, really enjoy. maybe a couple. it's pretty to easy to burn out on repeated flavor, but you could get radically different flavors and textures out of 2-3 hot sauces or salsas.

>use atleast two eggs
>salt and pepper the mixed up egg in a cup
>throw in any combination of garlic powder/onion salt/cumin/smoked paprika/chopped parsley/chives
>cook it in butter or oil, add a tiny bit of milk to eggs in cup.

Enjoy your nice eggs solo or on top of buttered toast/bacon/gammon/sandwich.

It sounds like you don't like eggs dude.

gordon ramsay says the opposite. probably some other chefs as well.

There are people who still believe the world is flat, so what's your point?

Gordon also makes his eggs into a goopy fucking mess. If OP is having trouble as he described, the best solution is to do as every other poster in this thread said; use a separate bowl.

With just eggs, crack them into a separate container beat them until is a uniform color without any clear stuff.

Put it into a medium-high heat pan.
Let them coat the entire bottom of the pan.
Lift aside with your spatula and tilt the pan so that the liquid egg goes underneath the cooked egg.
Repeat this all the way around the pan.

Then fold the eggs in half in the pan flip them over.
Let them sit for a minute, and plate them.

seriouseats.com/2015/05/how-to-make-scrambled-eggs.html
Here is some solid tips to making good scrambled eggs.

you're right. op should do it like every idiot pleb instead of following a world famous chef.

op, here's ramsay:
youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

and here's oliver, he shows a few different ways but they all have the separate bowl and early salt:
youtube.com/watch?v=s9r-CxnCXkg

it appears to me that your main mistake is that you let the eggs sit and cook until there's no residue. actually you're supposed to gently work the eggs the same way you would a risotto.

food.com/recipe/ruhrei-mennonite-scrambled-eggs-139989

>>let cook until it isn't leaving any noticeable residue behind and flip, repeat
wtf OP? that's not what it means to scramble

That's a fuckin' omelet.

OP, low-medium head, put the butter in , eggs, and mix continuously..
if you feel curds are forming too fast, take the pan off the heat and continue mixing
put the pan back on, mix...
repeat until a very smooth paste of egg is done. Never stop mixing.

At the end add some cream or something, continue mixing a bit because cream will decrease the egg temperature

>every idiot pleb

It's fucking scrambled eggs, not beef wellington, quit trying to make something a 5 year old can do into a complicated process.

and yet, here we are, in this thread, where op is having trouble with a recipe that is known to frustrate many people.

You winker whackers made me youtube scrambled eggs. The least you can do is watch this video I found that bothers me.

youtu.be/tEBlbUECI3A

An omelette involves other ingredients you fucking cuck

It looks like it would have the texture of poop

Damn, those are some fucking ugly glasses. Here's a much simpler, less up its own ass video with similar recipe parameters (butter, low heat, constant stirring). This is essentially how I make mine when I feel up to spending ~15 minutes just on some scrambies.

youtube.com/watch?v=96sd2rfSJSQ

You only need to follow The Egg Master's method.
youtube.com/watch?v=B9ahyPmDb7c

Fuck all this fancypants british nonsense.

I like this one.

LITERALLY JUST THROW EGGS IN A BOWL, STIR, AND THEN THROW IN THE PAN AND KEEP STIRRING

Looked up the prices. $8.50 for their most basic egg sandwich. I'll stick with making breakfast at home.

Fuck scrambled. Just cut out a hole in some bread and make eggs in a basket.

Eggs always taste better made by someone else.

At my work cafeteria I just get eggs over easy. They cook them with a little oil on a flat-top. No salt and they taste amazing. I wish I had a flat top.

nigga maybe you dont like eggs

that's for a different style of scrambled eggs

Buy better eggs.
Add something other than salt. Pepper at least.
Clean your fucking skillet.
Try a different brand of eggs. Feed can affect their taste
Cook longer. I hate undercooked eggs where the yolk, or God forbid, the white, is still runny.

>toast french bread with cheese
>add fried egg
>add tomato or avocado
>basil as well

Enjoy your delicious breakfast op.

My dude, my dude, my dude
Let me tell you the joy that is putting cottage cheese in your eggs
It will add an ooey gooey flavor that I personally love
Not only that, but you could almost literally set the pan on fire and not burn eggs mixed with cottage cheese
Besides that, do what everyone recommends: experiment with different spices
Also, don't worry about mixing the eggs in the pan or a bowl, as long as you mix them into a fully yellow color before you apply heat you're golden

Simple. Crack open one egg at a time on med-low heat. If using less then 3 eggs, beat eggs in bowl and pour little by little. Also use good butter. I prefer butter and coconut oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Adding a lot of pepper will turn your eggs green.
>green eggs and...
And you will want the last bit of egg to be left slightly wet. Best of luck!

Figure 3 eggs per eater. Heat cast iron pan @ medium high heat (4 out of 9), add butter/ghee/olive oil or whatever floats your boat. Add a couple sprinkles of garlic powder and a very small amount of turmeric. Beat the eggs, not too much (ie don't put them in a blender). Pour into pan. Gently push from side to side with a high heat rubber spatula. When they're nearly done, plate them, add salt and pepper... voila. A sprinkle of parsley is nice. Or some finely chopped green onions or chives.

Free range eggs
organic is a meme
freerange eggs are vastly superior

Watch Gordon Ramsey's video on YouTube, it works really well. Its pretty simple, just keep control of the heat and constantly stir them with a spatula, rather than let them sit there and form. What you get is creamy, delicious scrambled eggs.

ive seen gordon make eggs plenty of times, most of the time he beats them seperately

always use butter, any vegetable oil doesnt give as nice a taste, no milk or cream needed

I know Veeky Forums likes to shit on sriracha but it's great on eggs

always at least a bit of salt and pepper when its almost done cooking too

desu chives are your best bet either in the mix or on top afterwards make eggs amazing

figure out your own scrambled eggs and omelette combos but if you're cooking them dry or browning them any more than a little you've fucked it

came here to post this but you already did it for me. thanks, friend!

Your butter may have gone bad, your pan may need a deep clean, you may have cum in your mouth from being a faggot

Microwaved scrambled eggs.
>2 eggs, beaten lightly with a fork in a microwaveable bowl
>add 2 tbsp milk, beat again
>pinch of salt & pepper
>add 2 tsp margarine
>microwave on highest setting for 1:30 minutes
>stir and mash with fork
>microwave again for 30 seconds
>stir and mash
STOP HEATING BEFORE IT'S COMPLETELY COOKED.
The residual heat will finish it off, in combination with further stirring.

I don't like typical restaurant style scrambled eggs that are fluffy and shit.

I usually just use a pan, low to medium heat, add some oil, cook some finely chopped sausage until it is brown. Then I crack some eggs into it and just keep on moving things around with a spatula until it is done.

I like them quite done, so sometimes I let some parts get slighty burnt.

no it doesn't amerilard
an omelette is eggs and butter and possibly some herbs

You can pre-beat, or stir in the frying pan. The trick to making it cook faster is (go figure) higher heat. You shouldn't need to flip.

>Preheat your pan (gives you an opportunity to beat the eggs in a bowl)
>add your oil/butter, coat the pan, add your eggs
>stir gently, but constantly. When almost completely set, remove from heat - the latent heat of the pan or even the eggs themselves will finish the job.
>If you like harder eggs, put a lid on your pan just before you take it off the heat, and give it a few minutes.

I generally season my eggs before cooking. I've been told that this can alter the structure and texture of the egg curd, but I've never noticed a difference.

Have you tried a skillet? I hear they're pretty flat

people can actually fail at cooking scrambled eggs?

what the fuck guys, all you have to do is fucking stir them.

you're not supposed to be 'flipping' your eggs. and you want to take them out of the pan well before they stop leaving a residue.

you don't have to beat your eggs before they hit the pan, but there's no reason not to. unless you want a little more variation in colour or something.

you can make scrambled eggs in 15 seconds. you literally just start making an omelette and don't let it settle. all the autism over scrambled eggs is one of the most clear indications that no one on Veeky Forums can cook worth a shit. if you had even a year's experience cooking for yourself, this would be a nonissue.

Stovetop (especially if you have a gas stove) on high shouldn't take any longer than this.

French omelettes are practically begging to be stuffed. Look how they dress!

Spanish omelettes/tortillas and Frittatas do require additional ingredients, or you just have an overcooked crustless egg pie.

>Warm pan up to high
>Use more butter than you think you need
>Add eggs and milk and mix in pan despite what retards on here are telling you
>Season when almost cooked
>Season well
>DO NOT overcook. Turn off the heat when it still has the consistency of baby vomit
>Add creme fraiche or whatever you prefer immediately as it finishes cooking in the remaining heat on the pan
>Plate

If you feel like you're eating third world that says either your eggs aren't rich enough (add more butter, it's almost always the problem) or aren't seasoned well (season while still cooking but not early enough to damage the eggs). Paprika for example I add early because it takes away some the harsh bite.

More butter, less cooking. See above.

>season while still cooking but not early enough to damage the eggs

myth

>Add eggs and milk and mix in pan despite what retards on here are telling you

why? why milk? why mix in pan? why?

I'll stick with what the best chefs in the world say rather than some egg scientist on Veeky Forums, but whatever works for you

Milk comment was an oversight though.

I read through some of these and chuckled, the autistic way they're talking about cooking a meal that someone teaches to a six year old to introduce them to using the stove top. Reminds me of that WebM of the chubby hipster guy cooking a grilled cheese. Come one guys, these are literally babby's first meals.

Just do the ramsay method OP

>I'll stick with what the best chefs in the world say

why don't you stick with your actual experiences? if you stick with what the 'best chefs in the world' say, you will only repeat their mistakes. there is nothing wrong with using them as a primary reference material but they are not omniscient beings, user.

I can't tell if you're trolling or actually this autistic

how about neither

Thanks for confirming you're autistic

always fun to ask someone why they hold a belief and receive an accusation of cognitive disability as a response.

>myth
Go read modernist cuisine, it will set you straight.

>>why milk?-it tastes good and changes the texture of the egg

>>why mix in pan?
fewer things to clean than mixing anywhere else

>but they are not omniscient beings, user.
Fair enough, but what are they doing wrong here? You haven't explained. You've just said not to follow them but you haven't provided any reasoning why we should trust your opinion over the experts. You haven't established yourself as an expert or described why your suggestions are superior. Given that you're unable do do either of those things I'll stick with bona fine resources that have experience and science to back them up.

you really just don't get it do you?

Do you ever get the feeling that "other people are different"? I'll bet you do.

You should have made a poached egg, you absolute mong. Here, let me show you how it is done. I hope you learned something.

Autism isn't necessarily a disability

Also, you're most definitely autistic.

>Go read modernist cuisine, it will set you straight.

i have, user. now that we're both on the same page, can you actually present the information contained in it that backs you up?

>why milk?-it tastes good and changes the texture of the egg

changes it how?

i can't argue with you saying that it 'tastes good' but i don't really think you're being honest. lots of things taste good, doesn't mean that you add them to scrambled egg. i think you're just digging your heels in.

>fewer things to clean than mixing anywhere else

that's a pretty stupid reason. you can't beat the egg as thoroughly in a pan and if you try, you'll probably make a much worse kind of mess.

>Fair enough, but what are they doing wrong here? You haven't explained. You've just said not to follow them

i don't think that's really true. you've just said i *should* follow them. i don't think that is, in and of itself, a good argument. they are expert chefs, but they can be wrong, so i would generally recommend looking for consensus or experimental confirmation if you want to be sure that any particular thing they're saying is right.

i'm not saying my 'suggestions are superior'. i just asked why you believe in something and you're telling me you do because someone else said it. i reject that argument because it's for stupid people.

you certainly seem autistic

I am at work, my MC books are at home. But it is discussed in the chemistry of food section. I think it's in the "ingredients" volume where it discusses eggs in general.

>>changes it how?
It's hard to find the exact words to use. Makes the eggs "softer" is the best I come up with. It works by diluting the protein concentration in the egg. You could use water too but that wouldn't taste as good as milk does. Some people use thicker dairy products, those change the texture in a different way. I prefer that you get from milk.

>>i think you're just digging your heels in.
that was my first post in the thread. I saw your retardation and I felt the need to reply.

>>you can't beat the egg as thoroughly in a pan and if you try,
There's no need to beat it throughoutly. It's scrabled eggs, user. It doesn't need to be 1000.00 perfectly blended down to the sub-molecular level.

>>you'll probably make a much worse kind of mess.
"probably" implies you've never done it. I have, and no, it doesn't make a big mess. Do you have some kind of motor control issue that makes you create messes while doing normal tasks? Are you a klutz or something? I can't imagine any normal person "making a mess" doing this.

>>they are expert chefs, but they can be wrong,
Sure, they "Can" be. But they're much much more likely to be correct. That's the whole point, really.

>>experimental confirmation if you want to be sure that any particular thing they're saying is right.
And once again, that's why people are recommending this method. They have done it and confirmed that it is indeed an excellent method.

If you have an alternate method to suggest then please post it and explain the reasoning behind it. Right now it sounds like you're parroting "but experts can be wrong sometimes" as a general statement but have no actual input of your own. No reasoning why you think a different method is better, even if that was just "I tried it and I like method X better".

you're wasting time on redundant shitposting that does not remotely affect anyone. if i am autistic, i'm not gonna be offended. if i'm not autistic, i'm not gonna be offended. in neither case will my behaviour change as a result. go outside

>pre beat eggs
just let the butter cool a little you fucking dolts

melt butter
let cool
crack egg
fold with wooden spoons
take off just before they look done, residual heat finishes them off
season after cooked

scrambled eggs are the fucking easiest things to perfect, you dont need milk or creme fraiche at all

>There's no need to beat it throughoutly. It's scrabled eggs, user.

you want to break the thick strands of protein up. you also generally want the yolk and white to be properly mixed. you can achieve this in a few seconds with a whisk or fork in a bowl. i fail to see a positive argument here for stirring in a pan.

>"probably" implies you've never done it. I have, and no, it doesn't make a big mess

i've been through all the same shit you have, user. reasonably fresh eggs require some force or shear to mix. raking it around with a wooden spoon isn't gonna do as a good a job. if you do try to do it that way, you probably want to use a relatively deep pot to prevent sloshing cause you will have to put some work into it.

>Sure, they "Can" be. But they're much much more likely to be correct.

depends on the kind of claim they're making. they're likely to be right when they say you'll get good results doing it their way. they're not particularly likely to be right about all kinds of other factual claims about food.

>If you have an alternate method to suggest

i don't have an alternate method, i just know you don't have to do half the shit the autists in this thread say when you're cooking eggs. you don't have to mix them up in the pan. you don't have to be particularly vigilant about when you season them. you don't have to add milk. you don't have to use any particular fat. all you have to do is scramble your fucking eggs.

>you can achieve this in a few seconds with a whisk or fork in a bowl
Exactly. So why not whisk them in the pan instead, that way you don't have to clean your bowl. What advantage does the bowl offer that justifies getting it dirty when you don't need to?

>>raking it around with a wooden spoon isn't gonna do as a good a job
Who said anything about a wooden spoon? I use a ball-end whisk.

>> if you do try to do it that way, you probably want to use a relatively deep pot to prevent sloshing cause you will have to put some work into it.
Thank you captain obvious.

>>they're likely to be right when they say you'll get good results doing it their way.
And that's exactly what we're talking about here. We're not discussing "other factual claims about food". That's not even relevant to the discussion at all.

>>i don't have an alternate method
You're being contrarian with no explanation, experience, or counter-proposal to share. You have zero credibility.

>>you don't have to mix them up in the pan.
Of course. But given that it is less cleanup what logical reason would there be to do it any other way? Maybe you like dirty dishes? Or get a boner from beating eggs?

>you don't have to be particularly vigilant about when you season them
Of course you don't "have" to be. But given that seasoning later offers slightly better texture and it doesn't require any extra effort then why not do so?

...and so on. No, you don't "have" to follow Ramsay's method. But in the context of this thread it's great advice. OP asked how to improve his eggs. user offered a well-regarded, practical, suggestion from one of the world's best French chefs. That seems like solid advice to me.

And here you are complaining about it but not offering any alternatives or even any reasoning as to what should be done differently and why.

>Exactly. So why not whisk them in the pan instead

if it's a non-stick pan, you don't wanna be whisking in it. if it's a shallow pan, it's not a great shape for that purpose.

i'm not saying it's essential to whisk in a bowl, but i don't think there's a strong argument for why you should do it in a pan.

>And that's exactly what we're talking about here. We're not discussing "other factual claims about food". That's not even relevant to the discussion at all.

actually it is. i buy the claim that their method, salting at the end, produces a good result. i don't buy the claim that salting at the beginning would not produce a good result. that's a different sort of claim, and it's wrong.

>You're being contrarian with no explanation, experience, or counter-proposal to share. You have zero credibility.

the reliance on 'credibility' is exactly what i'm complaining about. i don't care if i'm 'credible' or not. i'm completely anonymous. if you can't respect words without an authoritative identity behind them, why are you here, arguing with me?

>Of course you don't "have" to be. But given that seasoning later offers slightly better texture and it doesn't require any extra effort then why not do so?

it doesn't offer slightly better texture. it's completely imperceptible.

> No, you don't "have" to follow Ramsay's method.

finally, fuck off with that shit. it is not 'ramsay's method'. i have been to too many brunches where someone has said they have the best possible method of making eggs and they have put a cold fucking casserole dish on the heat, broken 24 eggs into it before even turning on the heat, flicking butter into it and scraping it round and round for an age while taking up the stove space so no one can get anything else done, with the end result of unevenly cooked grainy shit because they value the 'ramsay method' more than their own intuition.

>it doesn't offer slightly better texture.
how the fuck would you know, you don't even have a method

you don't need a fucking method. christ, what a facepalm this whole thread is. there are some things you should not do when scrambling eggs but you only need to watch someone doing it once to get a grasp of it - you just don't overcook it and you keep it moving.

>if it's a non-stick pan, you don't wanna be whisking in it
My ball end-whisk, which has silicone tips, will not harm a nonstick pan. Not to mention why are we assuming the pan is nonstick anyway? for example, I do my eggs (as with most other things) in Iron.

>> but i don't think there's a strong argument for why you should do it in a pan.
We've been over this before. The bowl is unnecessary cleanup. It's not harmful, it's just extra work for no benefit.

>>i don't buy the claim that salting at the beginning would not produce a good result. that's a different sort of claim, and it's wrong.
Unless you have some sort of experience or information to back that up it's just silly speculation in your head. Either make a point that you can back up or don't mention it at all. For example, if you tried it both ways and you prefer the latter then mention that. But don't say it's a bad idea simply "decause even experts can be wrong".

>> i don't care if i'm 'credible' or not.
Then why are you posting? Why should anyone bother to read your posts or do what you suggest without any reason to do so?

>> if you can't respect words without an authoritative identity behind them
That's one thing that's worthy of respect. Other things could be logical explanation, or the description of experiments and their results. You haven't provided any of the above.

>>why are you here, arguing with me?
Your posts are so idiotic that I can't help myself from asking you to explain yourself. It's like people staring at a trainwreck. I figured out a few posts ago that you didn't have any sources to back up your claims, or even "I tried method X and it was better because Y". I'm honestly puzzled why you are still posting.

>> it is not 'ramsay's method
I agree he he certainly didn't invent it. It's just a standard French technique that's been around for decades. But it's much more efficient to write "Ramsays method" than it is to write it out longhand.

>with the end result of unevenly cooked grainy shit because they value the 'ramsay method' more than their own intuition.

Yes user, many people will fuck up a recipe, even an expert one. And a noob cook doesn't have much "intuition" to rely on.

Look at the context of this thread. OP already tried cooking relying on his intuition. And he was unhappy with the results. That's the whole fucking point of referring to a known good method.

>Not to mention why are we assuming the pan is nonstick anyway?

i'm not. but people use them commonly to make scrambled eggs.

>We've been over this before. The bowl is unnecessary cleanup. It's not harmful, it's just extra work for no benefit.

the benefit is

a) mise en place - you're now organised to either cook scrambled eggs in batches or co-ordinate cooking them with other things.
b) better mixing, especially in the case where you might be using a non-stick pan or something like that.

>Unless you have some sort of experience or information to back that up it's just silly speculation in your head.

i have both.

>Then why are you posting?

because i don't believe that 'credibility' matters in an informal discussion.

>But it's much more efficient to write "Ramsays method" than it is to write it out longhand.

we're not even strictly discussing ramsay's method. he doesn't suggest to add milk, for instance. i think it's quite clear that ramsay's method is not the only method that matters and i find it funny that we're discussing it as if there's any kind of consensus regarding these issues. i could show you any number of examples of well-regarded chefs whisking in bowls, or salting at the start, or not adding milk, or whatever. scrambled eggs can be made many different ways, and it is hilarious that i am being accused of autism for pointing out that certain specificities of any given person's method don't actually matter.

the salt thing is completely inconsequential. there are marginal benefits and disbenefits for adding salt to eggs in sufficient concentrations or over a sufficient length of time to observe them, but not over the sub-five minutes in which you're making the eggs.

but that's an example of where someone did stick to a 'known good method' and it produced shitty results. there are two things about that famous gordon ramsay vid that i would encourage people to take seriously

1. the pan does not have to be on the heat all the time. pay attention to how hot your pan is getting and take it off if it's overheating.

2. take your eggs off before they are fully cooked to your preference, as they will continue to cook on the plate.

that is useful information to a noob chef. the rest of it is far from gospel.

>mise en place
if you need this to help you cook scrambled fucking eggs just stop cooking
>better mixing
fucking how?

>i have both.
So why did you wait so long to mention that? You should have said that at the beginning. It would have saved a whole lot of typing on both of our parts.

>> i am being accused of autism for pointing out that certain specificities....
You're being accused of autism for your word choice and general manner of "speaking".

actually, as an observer, i'm now pretty sure both of you have autism, not just him. sry

>if you need this to help you cook scrambled fucking eggs

could there be a better indication that you're an inexperienced cook than not understanding the value of mise en place?

>fucking how?

the shape of the bowl, and the lower surface area to volume ratio of the eggs, is conducive to better mixing.

i should have also mentioned that you can properly heat your pan in advance of the eggs going in, which helps it not to stick, among other things.

>So why did you wait so long to mention that?

i think it is fairly heavily implied that i have experience cooking scrambled eggs, user. and i did explicitly say i have access to the same information you've presented.

>You're being accused of autism for your word choice and general manner of "speaking".

which probably means the person accusing me of autism is just dumb or illiterate, because i'm using fairly simple and direct language.

Good point, you guys never realise what's wrong with you and you always invent mental acrobatics so you can feel justified and say "Everyone else is the problem, I'm just being me"

So touche, you're autistic but we're the ones wasting time responding to you

He's just shitposting against perceived authority because he thinks he knows better based on broken logic, it's a very common symptom of autism

It's also why he thinks he's only responding to one person, the mental acrobatics are a defence mechanism against being wrong

Having said that, arguing about scrambled eggs on the internet is a pretty autistic baseline either way

>the shape of the bowl, and the lower surface area to volume ratio of the eggs, is conducive to better mixing
i'm not any of the people taking part in the argument, but i just make my scrambled eggos in something similar to this. don't know why people would do it in a skillet.

>than not understanding the value of mise en place?

If you're cooking a big complicated meal, yeah, I agree. But for just cooking scrambled eggs? Totally unnecessary. It's like double-counting your money when there' s only one bill. When the situation is this simple there's no fucking need for your meez.

>the shape of the bowl, and the lower surface area to volume ratio of the eggs, is conducive to better mixing.
This, user, is why we're calling you autistic. For such a simple task as beating eggs none of those factors are significant enough to be relevant. What's next from the boundless well of 'tism? Are you going to tell us to shave our our armhair to reduce air drag on our arm so we can whisk more effectively? What about removing our watch and jewelry on our whisking hand so that the added mass doesn't slow down our movements? This is the sort of silly absurd level you're operating on.

>fairly heavily implied that i have experience cooking scrambled eggs
It wasn't implied in the slightest. That's why we kept asking you for specifics instead of you parroting "muh experts aren't always perfect".

Cheese, sausage, bacon bits.
Make them like you would an omelette since that's all scrambled eggs are. Failed omelettes.

>I'm right, everyone else is wrong for pointing out my autism because I'm not autistic

Also there are now at least 4 separate people in this thread who have called you autistic, not one

I thought you said you weren't offended? You sound butthurt to me

ITS RAAAWWWWW!

Wheres the lamb sauce?

Same user. I use a shallow sauce pan in place of a frying pan for alot of stuff and it just makes life easier.

To be fair, he might not be "butthurt", just confused. Many people with the 'tism can't recognize that the manner of their actions is so unusual. They focus on the facts but don't realize it's the manner in which they are presented which is the real problem.

to be clear, i don't have a problem with you doing that at all. but making it in a skillet is faster.

>If you're cooking a big complicated meal, yeah, I agree. But for just cooking scrambled eggs?

not just for cooking scrambled eggs. i explained the reason for bringing up mise en place in the very sentence in which i brought it up. batch cooking or concurrent cooking of other stuff, which is pretty common at breakfast.

>This, user, is why we're calling you autistic. For such a simple task as beating eggs none of those factors are significant enough to be relevant.

i'm not actually coming at the argument from this perspective of obsessive optimisation like you're claiming. this all came about because someone said you *should* mix in a pan. i think that's dumb because mixing it in a pan kind of sucks.

>It wasn't implied in the slightest. That's why we kept asking you for specifics instead of you parroting "muh experts aren't always perfect".

did you really argue with me thinking i had not even tried to cook scrambled eggs? why would i have an opinion in that case?

i am vaguely annoyed at being called autistic. i wouldn't say i'm 'offended', but i find it annoying. more because of the perceived self-satisfaction of the people making the accusation than anything else. i don't feel the need to hide that. only reason i started posting was because i felt the people with strong opinions on how to make scrambled eggs were acting autistic themselves.

autism is not being 'unusual'.

eggs are literally already in a shell that quantises them, what advantage could putting them in a separate bowl possible give to Mise en Place

i'm not going to restate my point just because you didn't read it.