How long do you boil spaghetti for?

How long do you boil spaghetti for?

10 min

to the teeth

12 mins is the rule in THIS home

however long the spaghetti is, I boil the whole thing. I don't leave half of it sticking out of the water like you, retard OP

Until its done.
Timers are for nerds.

Look how comfy that spaghetti is, it's like it's relaxing back in a spa bath.

Simmer 4-6 hours with your sauce.

I start testing it at about 8 minutes. Amount of time total depends on whether I want to finish it in the pot or in the sauce.

I feel with my spoon while stirring until they are cooked how I want them

I flash cook them in a vacuum so I only need 6 seconds

Read the damn package

until it's done

6 minutes and 40 seconds

I usually finish it in some kind of sauce tho

>he reads the package
btw, this

> time on the package, then check if done if not w8 more

whatever the box says minus 2 or 3 minutes

our piece of fucking shit home economics teacher 3 years ago made us cook (and eat) store bought wheat pasta for 2 minutes

You cooked and ate it in 2 minutes?
That's pretty damn fast!

angel hair 5 mins
regular 9-10 mins

How much water how much salt how much pasta what elevation

Until it's done what the fuck

Until it's done. The exact time varies based on the brand of the spagetti and how old it is.

I normally look at the package, deduct 2-3 minutes from the stated cooking time and then start checking around that point. Sometimes they're already done. Sometimes they take longer. Just keep checking until it's at your desired level of doneness.

One minute per inch of spaghetti. So if the noodle is 12 inches long, boil for 12 minutes. That's what my mom taught me at least

until the links soften between hot dogs.

and your mom knows alot about 12 inch noodles

Throw it at the wall and when it sticks it's done.
WA LA!

I was going to make a joke about having a four inch dick and only lasting four minutes in bed, but I didn't want to be rude. You know, like a minute per inch.

nibbas whomst know what the fucks up

It seems like it ends up being like 14 minutes but Im at altitude.

if I were making completely homemade spaghetti & meatballs with homemade noodles, how should I combine the sauce and pasta?

I've read about putting it all in a frying pan on high, adding some of the water that the pasta was boiled in, mixing it together until the sauce becomes less watery and sticks to the noodles, topping with cheese and melting it into it, then twirling with a carving knife and using that to serve the pasta with whatever spices you want to add, but I've never heard if you combine meatballs in the pan on on the plate

Cook your sauce. Boil your pasta, but remove the pasta from the water BEFORE it is cooked to your desired level of doneness. Finish cooking the pasta in the sauce.

The "add pasta water" thing is a trick to use if your sauce ends up too runny. You don't always use it.

I don't think it would matter if you left the meatballs in with the sauce while you finished the pasta or if you plated them later.

I brown the meat in the pan with salt and garlic then add the tomato and other seasoning. Mixing in a frying pan is nice, I usually only bother when I need to warm the sauce from the fridge; just bring it to a simmer then stir in the noodles until it's reduced to your liking.

thanks for the advice. I'm making a big italian dinner for my dad's dinner & this is probably gonna surprise him

>dad's birthday