I've lived off frozen pizza, burgers, TV dinners, beef stew, fries, soda, etc for years now

I've lived off frozen pizza, burgers, TV dinners, beef stew, fries, soda, etc for years now.

I'm working on getting into shape, I walk 5-8 miles a day.

But my heart isn't healthy enough to run, a 10 minute miles keep my heart rate close to 220bpm and leaves me drenched and miserable.

I'm looking for foods that are not ridiculously unhealthy but still taste good to an autist.

Stuff like a salted plain baked potato, plain popcorn, etc

Suggestions?

>heart rate close to 220bpm

You're risking heart damage or even a full-on heart attack. Aim for like 160 max to be safe.

How many days total have you walked/ran?

If you're a complete lardass autist that's never run before, ease yourself into it with interval running.

make some hummus bro

hot sauce or other very spicy things
you can eat the blandest, generic vegetable crap but with a few drops of hot sauce its great. i went from 350 to 250 in a year doing that btw. cabbage, potato, onion, jalepeno, and egg soup was my go to meal

I find a good replacement for fries is grilled / roasted baby potatoes. Baby potatoes are healthier than full size ones, and roasting them instead of deep frying makes them far less oily.

It's not as good as cutting out potatoes completely, but potatoes are one of my biggest weaknesses. I've never been able to cut them out completely

more specifically, 220 - age x 0.5 = max healthy heart rate

That seems like a formula for resting heart rate, whereas I was talking about exercise heart rate.

About 6 weeks now, about 25 pounds between dieting and exercise.

Wanna do couch to 5k but my heart isn't ready yet.

How does one consume hummus?

It's like a spread, right?

I am very bad with spicy things, for example I can barely eat a spicy 7-11 breakfast burrito and feel very uncomfortable during and after.

NO that's the formula for safe max heart rate. over 190 is basically heart attack territory. NORMAL RESTING heart rate is like 52bpm in a healthy person

Get some mixed raw veggies and dip.

for reference, TARGET heart rate is 55-80% of MAX heart rate. for a healthy 20 year old it's 170 bpm, a 40 year old 153bpm. this is the MAX sustained you want when exercising

Contrary to what ketofags say, eating a potato once a week isn't going to kill you.
Yeah, it's carbs but it's complex carbs which your body works harder to break down.
They're also a good source of potassium, which you'll want if you're exercising.

Just don't over eat them, same as anything else.

>Stuff like a salted plain baked potato, plain popcorn, etc

hate to break this to you but those have ZERO nutritional value. you're just wasting calories you could be using to make up your macros. eat fresh fruit vegetables to get fibre and natural carbs (i.e. since you should avoid refined carbs). eat lean proteins with some healthy fat in moderation (cheese, yogurt, milk etc)

OP here, that reminds me that ketofags like sweet potatos though.

Should I be eating more of those? They're tasty and probably not horribly bad for you.

Couch to 5k is an interval running program, it's designed to ease fatasses into running by alternating running and walking in the early stages.

You don't need to get in shape for it, it's designed to get you in shape.

>ZERO nutritional value.
Yes, but zero is better than the negative nutritional value I've been eating.

Truly nutritious food tastes bad to autists like me, I can't even eat most vegetables unless they're in a meat based soup and stew and I have to eat meat in the same bite as vegetables to stomach them.

Exceptions are Spinach and Carrots only.

If not designed for people who lived their whole lives on fast food and junk and will likely have a heart attack.

>Yes, but zero is better than the negative nutritional value I've been eating.

no it's not. you have only have a finite number of calories you can consume in a day. use them wisely.

they've got a different nutritional profile but yeah they're good for you. the problem is that people prepare them sweet with marshmallows in casseroles and shit which makes them garbage.

but they're great baked, my 80-something grandma stayed with us for a while and i baked her a big batch of sweet potatoes, cut them in half, wrapped them in one layer of aluminum foil and froze them. they kept and reheated extremely well.

Yeah, just don't eat too many. They have a lot of sugar.

The key is eating sensible amounts of a balanced diet and keeping your calories proportional to your activity level.

>t. user that lost 83lbs without any fad diets or a gym membership. Just eating right and getting exercise 5 days a week

They taste great plain to me, I don't like marshmallows(too sweet)

What you want user is chicken! Prepared properly it is low in fat yet high in protein and amino acids. Yet still absolutely delicious . . . rich and crunchy and just all around satisfying.

Hit up Youtube for some good ideas, but if you're not confident cooking a grocery store rotisserie chicken is a great place to start. Save the carcass to make stock, which you can then turn into soup!

Another piece of advice, get in to making soups.

Soups are great because the ingredients are cheap, they're good for you and they're really filling.

Just stick to brothy soups and avoid creamy soups.

Mfw you have over 200

This is actually excellent advice, hell even the storebought shit is a place to start. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus makes vegetables taste like pizza for all intents and purposes

>220-age x 0,5 = max healthy heart rate
I'm 26, so my max heart rate should be 194x0,5=97. That's ridicoulus. In fact, it would be cause for concern if I couldn't raise my HR above that. Or is it supposed to be 220 - half the age, that is 13 in my case. Then we'd end up with 207, which seems too high. 200-age is a more correctly forumla.

You can make anything you want with real ingredients and it's going to be way healthier than you are used to.

You multiply first idiot.

damn. i have been using fake ingredients all this time. what a maroon i am.

Bacon is a real ingredient. Only eat bacon

Holy shit, this thread is full of morons.

If you want to lose weight without thinking too much about it- or counting calories- you need to get rid of salt, oil, and refined sugar.

Eat tons more plants, whole grains (like oatmeal and quinoa) and beans. And get rid of animal products in your diet- because they're loaded with calories and will make it infinitely harder to lose weight without counting calories.

You need to eat these foods everyday- oatmeal, berries (blue,straw,black), beets, kale, tomatoes, lentils, sweet potato.

Also potatoes are fucking fine for you. If you only ate potatoes you'd have to eat about 7lbs-15lbs to maintain your current weight. It's the bullshit people put on potatoes that make them unhealthy- salt, sugar, oil (fat).

Eat a big plate of salad every day. make your own dressing with fruit and vinegar- stay away from oily and creamy dressings.

Stuff your face with leafy greens, beans, and whole grains- ditch animal products- and you will see drastic changes in your health in just 2-4 weeks. It's the only way you're going to reverse the harm you've already done to yourself.

Salt has nothing to do with weight loss, you stupid asshole.

>ditch animal products
HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAHA

>Blindly listening to Mayo Clinic / American Heart Association
You're quoting a generic formula that can be used to get a good guessing baseline for an average 'healthy' person. It's not something you're supposed to treat like a physics formula. You would need to account for a multitude of other factors to attenuate the formula if you wanted to use it like that.

How much do you weigh? I initially assumed you'd be fat, but you say you can run a mile in 10 minutes?

>ditch animal products
Communists have been raiding Veeky Forums for a while now.

t.vegan soccer mom

>salt
while eating vegetables is the BEST thing you can do nutritionally to lose weight, i have to call you a dumbfuck, but perhaps in OP's case the salt could be a problem. he might have pre-hypertension or hypertension, and salt is bad in that case.. but salt doesn't have jack shit to do with weightloss beyond how much water weight you carry on you.
if you wanna focus on losing weight it's good to ditch calorically dense meats like pork and ground beef. sticking to roasted chicken and fish is great for weightloss.
anyways:

one delicious combo is blueberry+almond+cottage cheese. fruits are delicious and decently healthy, but avoid bananas. you need more vegetables in your diet. also, plain oatmeal + protein powder + honey is another one. oatmeal fills you up like nothing else, too.

OP, buy a kitchen scale and measure all of the food you make at home. search calories per 100g for foods, learn to read labels, etc, figure out your TDEE/BMR. and based on a 10 minute mile putting you at 220bpm HR, you should just be walking at a brisk pace and nothing else. swimming is good too if you feel like it.

if you eat a proper diet it's shitty at first, but after about a month your desire to eat junk will drastically decrease, and healthy food starts to taste better. good luck

t. ovo-lacto vegetarian who lost 110 lbs.

>yuropoor education

guaranteed hypertensive if he's so fat and out of shape he can't run.

ditching salt if you're hypertensive or pre-hypertensive or keeping it super low is about the best thing you can do for your cardiovascular health.

it's not just about weight- salt can cripple artery function. When you drop someone's salt intake- even with a normal intake (2000mg)- they have improved endothelial function.
Even people whose blood pressure is unresponsive to salt have improved endothelial function. Which leads to better blood flow. Which leads to better athletic performance.

simple as that, brainlets.

>he can't into PEMDAS

>I'm looking for foods that are not ridiculously unhealthy but still taste good to an autist.
>Stuff like a salted plain baked potato, plain popcorn, etc
You're looking at this wrong. Stop thinking of food as "healthy" and "unhealthy". Those terms are relative and almost nobody uses them to mean the same things. What you want to eat or avoid depends on what you want to do and how your body is.

You need to pick a goal, a frame of reference.
For instance, if you simply want to lose weight then all you need to do is consume less calories and achieve a caloric deficit. What you eat is, for the most part, unimportant. You could eat "unhealthy" fast food three times a day and lose weight as long as you control your calorie intake.
If you want to lose weight but stay in shape, or even get in better shape, then your goal is actually to lose fat while conserving or building muscle. In that case, you want to maintain a caloric intake that's either near maint or in deficit, while consuming enough protein to maintain or build your muscles.

I'm overweight and I have low blood pressure. Your assumption is fuck.

i think weight issues usually result in some kind of blood pressure issue. it's not necessarily high or low.
ok, thanks for clarifying.

Ask for a beta blocker like metoprolol or propranolol to regulate your heartbeat a bit so you can exercise without worrying about a heart attack.

Start every meal with a base of something good for you like vegs or 100% whole grain anything. Then get in the business of reading labels and find the least fatty cheese, dressing with the least sugar, meats with the least salt, and so on to go with it.

>You would need to account for a multitude of other factors to attenuate the formula if you wanted to use it like that.

If your fat as fuck and constantly have a heart rate above 190 then NO SHIT are you unhealthy as all fuck and at risk for a heart attack. holy fucking shit son. you don't need a doctorate to figure that out

high blood pressure is a common side effect of obesity. low blood pressure and hypoglycemia can be associated with CKD (especially in dialysis patients)

too bad potatoes have: minerals, vitamins, complex carbs, dietary fiber, sugar and even protein, and they are filling. In short you are an idiot spouting misinformation, read a book.