Fine Dining

I enjoy going to Michelin rated restaurants but my friends are too poor, stupid, and classless to understand.
What do?

Stop talking to poor people about how you spent $300 on a dinner

Me, too, Bro. Thing is, all my friends are into it. How about you look for a partner who shares your passion?

>the gf has invited & paid 6- and 8 course Michelin restaurants on 2 separate occasions

She's poor as fuck, too, doesn't stop her from going all out for a birthday present

Get gud friends.

Take a whore

You're like those cunts on /co/ that think they're superior for liking Rick and Morty and thinking everything about it is "deep and intelligent" when it's really not.

I don't blame them if it comes off pretentious, and you have to dress like you typically never do. Just have to be into that sort of thing. If they're not into food, it's kinda wasted on them, unless they're just looking for a place to play dress up. In which case, your friends are homos.

It's not just a dinner at that point, it's practically a performance. And these hicks spend that much on basketball tickets and lottery.
I do need a girlfriend. Then it's more like just showing off how much I'm splurging on her. Rather than being a simple homo that enjoys fine dining.
not that simple. There are people that claim to like this stuff just because they think they are supposed to. That's annoying too.
No, I don't like the pretentious ones. I don't like the food on the tablecloth bullshit or chasing my food around the plate. It's got to taste good.
I do identify with them. I made fun of these places too until I tried a few. Then tried to make some of this stuff at home.
Seems to be the most viable option but now I'm paying at least double. But then again, she would pretty much feel required to give a BJ.

So you're just a faggot, then.

I don't think so but if Michelin gave three stars to a penis I'd probably be compelled to try it.

Pretentious homo. A man of wealth and virtue would simply eat there and enjoy it without needing others to know about it.

Yeah, but I'm afraid to come out of the closet. That's why I called people who like sports hicks, they picked on me when they caught me holding my male cousin's hand in the back of the schoolbus.

Alone?

Depends on what you mean.

If he wants friends to "show off to" that's certainly pretentious. But if he just wants other people to share the experience with and be on a level where they can actually discuss the finer points of the food, etc, that's not pretentious in the slightest.

To be fair, I called anyone who doesn't like fine dining "hicks". What is "brainlet" equivalent for foodies?

This isn't about OP's love of dicks. This is about him blogging on one of the slowest boards when there's no viable solution to his problem.

It's not about wealth. Some people spend this kind of money (or more) on basketball tickets. 2-2.5 hours of entertainment.
Some spend it on this kind of dinner experience. 4 hours, wine, food, conversation, etc.
The two forms of entertainment are treated differently.
So if I like fine dinning, I'm a pretentious faggot. But I spend the same on watching sports and I'm a bro.

a word in your ear
>memechelin restaurants are just normal restaurants that focus on presentation and employ an inordinate number of cooks so as to have one to cook each ingredient. if you want proper good food look for something cheaper that you can't cook yourself

Foofoo nonsense

>foodie
Get out

Michelin rated restaurants are not rated by presentation. They are supposed to be rated purely on taste and consistency of dining experience. But 1-3 star restaurants typically have a tasting menu and wine pairing and usually people are referring to the tasting menu when they talk about a 4+ hour experience. Granted the restaurants pursuing the stars get into meme shit trying to copy Noma or using shitty parts of an animal and pretending they are being creative. I think by three stars, the hacks are filtered out.

you can't even tell what they're fucking serving you on the plate.

Poor you.