I just bought cottage cheese for the first time and took a bite

I just bought cottage cheese for the first time and took a bite.

This shit is foul. What the fuck am I supposed to eat this with to make it less gross? The box said "great with pineapple chunks" but I dunno.

I haven't ever bought it. Absolutely pig disgusting.

Canned peaches if you have any

I don't really buy it often, but I've had it with strawberries/peaches and it was okay. Like a little bit on the side with some waffles for breakfast. I think it's kind of tasteless.

I don't. Will it really make it better? Enough to warrant buying them and eating it instead of just throwing it in the trash.

So I should be eating this with fruit? It seemed like a savory thing to me

Its not ok. You made a mistake buying it. Admit your mistake, and never make it again.

I love it. Eat it with a little paprika mixed in on rice crackers and with every meal until you like it.

Don't eat it with fruit, that's retarded. I have it with chilli as a cooling side and to add a cheesy flavour. You can work it in to recipes in place of cheese to make them lower calorie

I mean if you're already finding it disgusting I'm not sure having fruit is going to help you. Eating it out of the container with a spoon is kinda gross, like if you would eat a spoonful of mayo instead of spreading it on a ham sandwich.

I might actually try this. My family always added sour cream and shredded cheese and I felt that was a little over the top.

a shit ton of black pepper and some salt

IMHO it has two uses:
-as a high protein food for bodybuilders or health nuts. Mix it with fruit or yogurt to make it more palatable.
-shitty pleb-tier recipes that are usually shitty versions of a different dish that doesn't call for cottage cheese at all.

I don't know of any actually good dishes that use it. It's just pleb-tier protein. Same level as canned tuna. You eat it because it's cheap sustenance, not because it's actually tasty.

Absolute shit food for people who are required to lose weight and give up anything resembling flavor.

I've only ever had it baked into buns and in pikelets. Never made it myself.

Tajin or lemon pepper.

>pic related

Literally any kind of fruit is godtier with it.

Or a tablespoon of [spoiler]Hershey's chocolate syrup[/spoiler]

cottage cheeses taste wildly different depending on the brand you buy. you might have gotten one of the really nasty ones.

i only know one brand that's fucking delicious and i can eat it for every meal.

anyway, i don't like fruit or whatever in my cottage cheese i do a combination of things

green olives (chopped or whole, chipotle, garlic, muffaletta mix, they're all wonderful) are my primary addition, i don't really need anything else

but if i'm feelin extra i will also add things like:
diced onion
diced cucumber
minced garlic (or garlic powder if i'm feeling lazy)
black pepper

used to do frank's hot sauce which is pretty good too

eaten piece of toast if i have some good sourdough kickin around

Try a different brand and if you tried large curd, try small curd next time. I might just be weird but depending on the brand, cottage cheese will either taste good with just some pepper or it'll make me want to puke

Listen to this man OP I can eat the stuff with nothing added if the right brands.

I'm snacking on some now. its great just salt and lotsa black pepper

I have never even considered mixing anything savory into cottage cheese.

Would you recommend it? Maybe I'll have some with onion for breakfast tomorrow.

i put it on toast with hot sauce or avocado or both, pretty good

try scallion

Holy shit the gutter palate that is rampant here. 'Eeeewwwww I don't like it!'. Well have you considered that maybe you have the taste of a 5 year old? Cottage cheese is great in a variety of different ways. You can substitute it for, or mix it with, ricotta in lasagna or manicotti, add to your cheese mix for mac and cheese, mix fruit into it for a snack or part of your breakfast, there are tons of possibilities. If there is a food you don't like, it's because you haven't found a way to prepare it that is right for you.

>can substitute it for, or mix it with, ricotta in lasagna or manicotti, add to your cheese mix for mac and cheese

I find it ironic that you bitch about "the taste of a 5 year old" and then proceed to make such ludicrous recipe suggestions. That's some flyover shit right there.

>>If there is a food you don't like, it's because you haven't found a way to prepare it that is right for you
While I agree that's true for most things, there are certainly some ingredients/foods which are honestly just shitty. Sure, you can jump through hoops to make them more palatable, but why bother trying to polish a turd?

green onion, radish, black pepper and salt. my favorite combo desu

Plain.
Protein for the protein god!!

>but why bother
That's what I'm saying. If you don't like cottage cheese you don't like it. I find it kind of tasteless, but I know there are a few dishes you can eat it in, or just dip it with fruit and it's okay. I like cabbage, but I find coleslaw absolutely repulsive. Now is coleslaw the food that can be prepared a different way, or is it cabbage that was prepared into a way that wasn't right for me?

Have you ever tried it in combination with ricotta? It has a much stronger taste than the ricotta which can be a pleasant change for regular recipes like that. You insisting that I'm from a flyover state because of it makes you look like a cunt. East coast btw.

You're saying he looks like a cunt for calling you a flyover? You just said that people that don't like a certain food have the taste of a five year old. You look like the cunt in this situation, trying so hard on an anonymous image board to prove how much more of an adult you are because you like cottage cheese.

Why couldn't you just suggest a certain way to prepare it like OP asked without insulting people? A few of your ideas seemed interesting and I might try them, but you just seem like a bitter and angry person who has to call others children.

Yeah, I've had it. Awful texture.

Noted.

Put sugar in it. Trust me

I like it with salt and pepper, but it has to be small curd, large curd is shite

Get thick/ large curf next time

i've been doing it for years, i don't even remember why i was so hell bent on eating cottage cheese but once i hit on the right brand (safeway's lucerne brand by the way, full fat, large or small curd they're both good) and the right combination of toppings it became one of my favorite foods.

hell no, large curd is too much tasteless curd to the tasty whey ratio

It's badass with honey.
But the best way, chop up some green pepper, onions and tomato. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. Enjoy that shit on some toast or as a side with steak/burgers/porkchops/chicken wings.

I love cottage cheese. I eat it straight from the container when I'm craving something dairy-y.

Like others have said, the brand makes a big difference. Some are disgusting but the small curd version of pic related is absolutely delicious.

Putting it on some crunchy wheat toast is pretty good. Only full fat though, skim is awful.

southerner detected

OP here. I tried it with pepper, with crackers, and with pasta for dinner. With pasta it was pretty good. I think what I didn't like was all the whey and how it got kind of frothy when I stirred it up. I'm going to try full fat, large curd.

Oatz
Mixed nuts (walnuts, pumpkin seeds are my preferred)
Dehydrated fruit
Coconut shavings

Paprika and pepper will make it taste much better.

if you'd like to sweeten it, try honey and nuts?
i've never tried it, but that would be my fix.

You don't need to add anything to it, just eat as is

Eat cottage cheese plain or with pepper. Don't mix cottage cheese with fruit. That is gross.

Mix it with a can of Peach slices, goofy nigga.

are you sure it hasn't spoiled? it should taste good even by itself

canned peaches is the GOAT for cottage cheese

baby vomit cheese
get ricotta

You people are so fucking weak. There's nothing bitter, sour, or overly sweet to it at all. It's just a light cheesy flavor and it's delicious. I ate this shit at like 5 fucking years old and loved it immediately.

you either don't have cottage cheese culture in your country or you're just a manchild.
fresh cottage cheese is God-tier.

Put in a wrap with julienned carrots and salmon
Eat with fruit
Make a dip with this, spring onions and paprika
This is also an excellent diet food because high-protein/low-fat/low-calories

It's very neutral and can be used both ways. You can also use in baked stuff, increases protein content. Also, when you're dieting everything tastes great and this is a good option because it's sow low in everything but water.

>ludicrous
extremely common and interesting flavour wise

listen bitch, buy some cherry tomatoes. cut them in half, mix them into the cottage cheese with salt and pepper.

i eat it as a side dish when i am having steak. or other bbq.

IMAGINE

Some brands are shittier than others. Breakstones fucking sucks. 4% Large curd or chunk style cottage style is GOAT. Best eaten plain or with some fresh fruit on the side

I love cottage cheese. It's one of my favorite foods.

Oh ffs just buy the wholefat and large churd and pick literally any one spice or spice mix and pour it on it and itll taste great.

I like adding turmeric and cayanne

1 part cayanne to 2 parts turmeric or "curry blend" and bam!

This. Also good with a drizzle of French dressing over the top in addition to the tomato and essenpee

I prefer it with fruit. Cottage cheese is kinda pungent on it's own, but when sweetened with fruit it actually takes on a much more desserty flavor.

I like to put honey and diced strawberries.

>What the fuck am I supposed to eat this with to make it less gross

Tortilla chips

Salt and dill weed is what I do.
But I might be disgusting cuz I like it with out too.

In the army i used to at cottage cheese for breakfast with a sugar packet at the dfac. Shit was D O P E

>What the fuck am I supposed to eat this with to make it less gross?
Not by the spoonful for starters

I have worked with so many fat women who did this on the lunchbreak.
A few even stirred in some fucking marmalade.

Can confirm, great way to help finish a bag of chips

Have a mate who can eat the stuff with a spoon. So it is worth a try

I like it with pepper. I sometimes just eat that shit though.

Sorry you're a shit person who can't like cottage cheese.

Småland-style cheesecake.

Thank you for your service, user.

I like to put Pace Hot Think and Chunky salsa in it (actually the HEB store brand equivalent).

You're welcome

I've literally only ever eaten plain cottage cheese since I was a kid and I love it, same with everyone in my family
Is that weird? Or is it just because we're from dairy country?

7 oz of cottage cheese
1 tsp lemon juice
salt, pepper
3 tsp of chives chopped
2 tsp olive oil

Mix that shit up.
Spread that shit on potatoes, bread ,tacos... whatever

I can't be the only one to mix wit with ramen, no seasonings.
>cook ramen
>drain
>run through cold water to cool it down.
Don't refrigerate, it turns into a block of cooked ramen.
>add cottage cheese
mandarin oranges, no juice. Nice at a picnic.

This. Anything sweet paired with cottage cheese is vomit inducing. My go-to lazy meal is pasta with pesto and cottage cheese. Also cottage cheese mixed with a bit of pesto or hot sauce is great on a sandwich, or in a salad or wrap. Cottage cheese is the shit.

Thanks bro you saved the world. You are a credit to this Earth. You have single-handedly saved freedomâ„¢.

My dad would eat with canned peaches.
I never liked it with fruit, canned or fresh, but I like it with generous salt and pepper.

Pepper and salt.

Everyone else is making this complicated.

these niggers are plebs op, spread a little on salted tomato, or eat with salt and vinegar chips, also if you want to go the sweet route as was mentioned above; it pairs very well with berries/a little bit of honey

sliced tomatoes with salt and pepper
my whole family eats it like this but i can only stomach it on occations

eat it plain after working out for some recovery

Cottage cheese is really good before bed after a long hard workout. I used to eat a straight up container of it with a spoon. A little black pepper or salt goes a long way with it. It has casein which is a slow digesting protein, it's fantastic for them gains.

dollop of pic related spread out on a rice cracker, top with copious amounts of cottage cheese, finish with a twist of pepper

But some in lasagna. It tastes surprisingly great.

Just make sure none of it gets on the sides of the dish. That shit does not melt, just fucking burns on and is a pain in the arse to clean

Why would you replace ricotta with cottage cheese?

I didn't have ricotta so I improvised.
If you have enough sauce burning in your lasagna shouldn't happen.

I meant if you spilled just the cheese onto the pan. in the sauce it's fine

put a dollop on a sloppy joe
you'll never go back

use it in a omelette

those are my two

> Never tried it
> Says it's disgusting
You have to be 18 to post here.

Cottage cheese is not a food, it is an INGREDIENT. You do not eat it "raw" or unprepared in any way.