Hurricane Food Supplies!

So looks like I'm in the path to get clobbered by Irma. Stores are already running out of water and other essentials!

So here's my food supply I've gathered. I've tried to strike a good balance flavor, nutrition, and variety wise.

Ought to be enough for me to be quite comfortable for 7-10 days, but could push a lot longer if needed.

Thoughts/opinions/suggestions? Still have a few more days!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kBozxCs3yFk
costco.com/emergency-kits-supplies.html
costco.com/all-emergency-food.html?sortBy=PriceMin|0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

filtered. hope you die.

I bought this:
Not all pictured
>24pk water bottles
>4 gallons of spring water + 3 gallon filled dispenser
>60lbs lump charcoal + starters
>already have a fuck ton of lacroix
>blue corn chips and jarred salsa
>frozen burgers
>broccoli
>Jarred pasta sauce
>pasta
>weeb rice
>canned soup and chili
>various wines
>yuengling and I might pick up some light beer
>already have gin, vodka, bourbon, rum
>limes
>granola bars
>tates cookies
>dried berries and plums
>cold brewed coffee

Might buy some pincanha steak and chicken thighs and freeze them. Also need to get candles still.

Nice!

Not pictured in mine are my normal pantry items (various canned tomato products, the usual oils/spices/sauces/etc, potatoes and garlic and onions).

Also have 10 gallons water (just bottled tap water) as well as 2x 24 packs of 500mL bottles.

For food prep a single burner gas stove that runs on canisters, very handy!

And of course my liquor cabinet heh.

You might want clean water. Filtration straws are pretty affordable and make water from even safe sources taste better. Minibottles or packets of hot sauce can make things more palatable should you not like the food or find another source.

If you want to go any more hardcore; we're talking hardtack, candles, medical supplies, fuel, and things that are barely /co/related.

Also more water. And most humans can survive on heavy carbs for quite some time, and they're cheap. Grab more egg noodles and some form of fat/oil. That will give you more protein and energy should things last too long.

I got 10 gallons of water, 2 gallons of vodka, 5 bags of ice and whatever is already in the frig/freezer. Fucking pussies

How come you guys dont just drink tap water?

This. Why not just fill a bunch of large containers with tap water before it hits?

tap water sucks here and I can afford spring water. I'm going to reserve a bunch of tap water for cooking though, and drinking if I have to.

A brewery near me was also filling up any containers with filtered water for free.

That's what I've done with 10 gallons worth. The bottled is just for convenience, plus it was on sale 2 for $6.

I have various cooking oils, plus the bag of rice, the noodles, spaghetti (not in the pic) and 2lbs dried beans.

Also have my normal multivitamins which would make up for lack of nutrients. But I hardly expect shit to get THAT bad.

>dry beans
>dry rice
>pasta

I can respect that they're cheap sources of high calories, but it's best to have foods that you don't need to boil water to consume if you can help it

If the power goes out the water will still work unless you have a well right?

Has anybody tried "sun purified" water???

Supposedly, if you put water out in the sun in a clear bottle for a couple hours, the UV radiation from the sun will kill anything living inside of it

Yeah but if the flooding is pretty bad the water supply can get contaminated

Very true, and the vast majority of the stuff requires little to no prep. They're more for "just in case".

Did you get beer?

Nope, but my liquor cabinet is well stocked! Warm beer is no fun.

I should mention I've been through two full scale hurricanes, including Fran which passed DIRECTLY over my house in Wilmington. As in I actually went outside while we were in the eye, which was an absolutely amazing experience I'll remember for the rest of my life!

Non Mormon detected
Bet you don't even have a 55 gallon drum of wheat

This sounds remarkable stupid. Aside from leaving a source of hydration out for bacteria and yeast; you could also be attracting insect carriers.

Hell, it can't be true because you can make "wild beer" this way. Or yeast tea.

So maybe try filling up in advance?

>Aside from leaving a source of hydration out for bacteria
There's something called a bottle cap
and yeast
Yeast needs sugar.
>you could also be attracting insect carriers
cap/lid
>Hell, it can't be true because you can make "wild beer" this way. Or yeast tea.
Beer is never left in the sun. Wild ale gets its flavor from wild yeast anyway which is not bacteria.

you close the bottle, dude.

You're literally just putting water bottles in direct sunlight until the UV radiation obliterates the DNA of any microbes in the water, killing them

Oh yeah, so contents of my kit:

3x Military style MREs (Meals, Ready to Eat)

At 1300 or so calories each these easily fill both lunch and dinner. The flameless ration heaters mean I don't even need fuel to warm them up! Each conatins a main course, two side dishes, a desert, coffee, beverage mix, and various other items like gum sugar salt etc.

The rest:

Pouch:
2x Cambells Ready Meal Beef Stroganoff
Tomato Soup w. Pasta and Meatballs

Can:
Beef Ravioli
Southwest Style Corn Chowder
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
Kidney Beans
Fruit Cocktail
Mandarin Oranges

Just add hot water:
2x Soba noodle bowls
12x Instant Miso Soup
2x Ramen Packs
10x Instantt Outmeal

Ready to Eat (No prep):
4x Apple Sauce
4x Tapioca Pudding
6x Cream cheese and chive crackers
6x Rolls of vegetable crackers
Peanut Butter
3x Jalapeno Cheese cups

Long Term/Cooking Needed:

1lb Egg Noodles
1lb Spaghetti
1lb Yellow Rice
1lb Dried Kidney Beans
1lbs Dried Pinto Beans
5lbs Sushi Rice

Of course still have a few days. I'm thinking of maybe grabbing some fresh fruit (Apples, Oranges, Bananas, etc).

Yeah that's what I'm doing

You're such a hateful bitch. Why don't you die so people around you can let their hair down and relax

Did you guys do anything in case of flooding? Or did your local government already take care of that shit.
And do you guys have any worries about peopel trying to loot your home and shit? Got guns or w.e. to protect yourselves?

What about water?

I

Wherea

Shot sauce. An

I was thinking about looters, can you return guns? maybe I'll buy a shot gun

>>>/alc/

Nope, you can buy shotguns for cheap af though. Like a Mossberg or Remington.
Shooting is fun, too.

you need more protein, so canned tuna and chicken

For people asking about water, don't forget that you fill up everything with tap water not only for drinking but also for flushing your toilet manually if the water goes out.

Folks in this thread look pretty well equipped, and even if shit goes totally south there's gonna be a huge aid response to this and there'll be someone handing out food and water in your neighborhood right quick.

I live in an area that was mostly underwater last week and the amount of people out here offering food/water/shelter is pretty awesome.

Yeah. i think he could use more protein, too.
More beans and a canned fish.
I'd also get a rotisserie chicken if you can. You could munch on that for the first 2-3 days.

Luckily my house is at the top of a slope, flooding won't be an issue. Plus its old construction but well maintained, brick at the bottom and very thick hardwood siding.

I actually do live in a not so great part of town (my street is great, but the ghetto is only a few blocks away) so that could possibly be a concern. Luckily my house has very sturdy steel doors, and if worst comes to worst a Remington 870 shotgun that I also use for hunting. Keep it loaded with a mix of slug and buck.

Damned good point, I can't believe I didn't notice that! Who says Veeky Forums doesn't deliver!

Tomorrow I'll grab some pouches of tuna (I like them since they're already drained and the perfect size for a sammich), a can or two of chicken, and maybe a bag or two of beef jerky (SUPER high in protien, plus tasty AF).

I'll also grab lunch at Chick Fil'A and toss a shitload of mayo packets in my bag, hahaha. That way I can make tuna/chicken salad to put on the crackers.

I'm making a few lbs beef jerky. Fridge is full pantry is full. Shit tons of iodine for drinking water. Filters in the garage if I need to bust out. Need more ways to preserve nutrients though. Brotien is important for the shit hitting the fan. Can't make the weak fear the strong if you're not the strong. It's me and several old people.
Got a lot of protein powder and dehydrated salad junk.
Frankly more ammo.

Dude its a hurricane, not Mad Max.

Also plenty of hot sauces and such in my cabinets normally. The usual sriracha, Texas Pete, green chilies in a bottle, etc.

I was just thinking about this. Georgia here. Good info.

wishing you guys the best, and who ever else in this thread is going to be in the path of the hurricane. god bless you.
here's something nice to listen to since i don't feel like getting my phone and posting food.
youtube.com/watch?v=kBozxCs3yFk

get more water

Mad Max you say . . . .

I went through Andrew in homestead, packs of feral niggers roamed. The real disaster is not the wind and destruction. It's fear, hunger, and a low risk environment.

If I had a better brain in advance I would have told my wife to make pies. It's an older method of food preservation but lots of fat salt and sugar will ensure the proteins keep. That way we don't have to make too many sacrifices

>7-10 days
Uhh... it might just be me but that doesn't seem like a sustainable amount of food or time if you're about to get clobbered by a hurricane. On any given day I keep enough food in the house for a month, and I'm not even a prepper or anything.

You might get bored. Get some batteries (for flashlights and portable things) and maybe some books. Download movies and burn them into cds. Also if you believe your home can withstand the hurricane then get some gin some cigarettes and maybe adderall

that nissin beef top ramen. lucky you user. out here they started removing those and selling msg free versions and they taste weird now :(

>food that needs to be cooked
>hurricane

These look like you need water to cook with. Hurricane+tap water supply= no water. You haven't thought that through, huh?
Also get a propane burner for camping, just in case. I'd be packing up my bags if i were there, booking a nice vacation up north or deeper into continent. If my hous is about to go down, i'd rather not be in it

Why do people think prepping for disaster is so hard when companies like Costco make it so easy to buy supplies of emergency food and aid?

costco.com/emergency-kits-supplies.html

costco.com/all-emergency-food.html?sortBy=PriceMin|0

Houstonfag here
Pic related was all i had

who said it was hard? I tried going to costco when irma was fucking barbuda and there was a line of cars just to park and check out lines all the way to the meat department. It has died down a bit since though and I bought some of the stuff I listed there.

I'm not in the area that's going to get the absolute worst.

MADNESS!

I have both plenty of water (10 gallons in jugs and 48x .5L bottles) and a small one burner stove, plus tons of extra fuel for it.

If I were prepping for a whole family that would work, but for just me I don't want a dozen servings of the same thing.

With the exception of the rice and MREs I actually got almost all that stuff at the Dollar Store. Under $25.

Kek

This is the puppers of well wishes.
It wishes you well.
Good luck down there.

At any rate, took the recommendations and bolstered my supplies with extra protein today! I added:

3x 3oz slices of Country Ham
(A personal favorite and on sale! A very respectable 21g Protien each and requires little prep. Amazing pan fried.)

6x pouches tuna
(I like the pouches . . . better flavor and texture than canned, plus no draining. Ready to eat)

3x cans prepared chicken salad
(Because sammich)

2x bags beef jerky
(Delicious high-protein snack!)