New al/ck/ thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MaFDhiIUz98
youtube.com/watch?v=S687vr3GaCY
youtube.com/watch?v=Vr3r6Mdci6c
youtu.be/r25RUAcAkuw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>post yfw you just witnessed the solar flare hitting the earth

>tfw accidentally ran over my daughter while pulling out of the driveway while drunk
Rip baby girl

>tfw went to the state Fair and accidentally fell asleep backstage at the Weird Al concert

>that comic
I don't get it. What are the clowns supposed to represent?

>yfw i finally let out that fart ive been holding at the dinner table at olive garden..

>What are the clowns supposed to represent?
Life's hellish journey

I hope you were on the toilet, thatshitsdangerous

I'm going to the bar tomorrow after work. What kind of beer should i get. I don't like strong tasting stuff. Mild taste is preferable.

Peroni

O'Doul's.

This is a an alcoholism general not an alcohol general. That said, order an old fashioned.

Get a bunch of Micky's hand grenades.

You don't just order an "Old Fashioned." There are more specificities, as well as eyeing up if the bartender can even make a decent cocktail. Also if you don't order a Brandy Old Fashion, Sour then we're gonna have some problems...

You're probably the kind of person that has problems with people after a few drinks regardless of what they are.

>brandy old fashioned
That's like ordering a vodka margarita; it's not even an old fashioned at that point.

I have a problem with you before either of us drink, rest assured.

Your and idiot.

Got clocked by my boss at work this week. Totally on the radar now. On the plus side it was a coworker who ratted me out, So I technically didnt get caught in the act, and had plausible deniability.
Now I have to be super careful about even just coming in hungover.

no you

The answer is always Guinness.

This. What do a drunk fart and a gun have in common?
always assume they are loaded.

Yeah, there's only so many times you can claim that you must have ate something bad last night.

I got ratted out by a coworker that said I smelled like booze. I blamed it on my spray-on sunscreen. which is alchohol based. Got lucky, she's a new employee and I've been there over 10 years. So, I could play it off, but now totally under the gun.
I wasnt even that drunk, Just had a hair of the dog wakeup shot. Ironically I've been more intoxicated waking up wasted or being hung over than I was that day.
The moral of the story. Statistics have a way of catching up to you. I thought I was so clever as a kid getting high on the downlow only to get caught by every single employer. Never fired and those were shit jobs, but this is a career.
Dont get too carried away or overconfident al/ck/s theres usually a rat in the mix that will call you out for your habits, and the smell of booze is way harder to cover up than weed.

>5 days sober

If I can make it through the weekend this can be the start of a good stretch.

Just give up it don't matter none of this matters

are you around, smirnoffbro? were you the one who got arrested earlier this week or was that a different London based user?

2 weeks of I can make it to Monday! So proud of myself :D

the first time i saw this, i didnt realize the crowns were also growing older along with him. im not sure if that factor represents anything.

but yeah that comic makes me feel uncomfortable. i too, have calculated how much id have to pay monthly over an 86 month period, 8 years, to pay something off.

I've been taking anti depressants for over a year now and every weekend I always drink. They told me not to drink while I'm on them but I obviously didn't listen. I start drinking on Friday night or Saturday and stop Sunday depending if there's a holiday. The first couple of days I can barely sleep and my mind is racing constantly, it's usually bad thoughts. I'm about ready to quit because I'm scared that one day I'll live out the actions I think but probably not, anyways, has anyone completely stopped drinking and switched to high CBD marijuana strains? I've been taking those CBD tintures for awhile now and it really relaxes my mind without the racing thoughts. My body is pretty shit when it comes to THC and it makes me paranoid as fuck but reading into these high CBD type marijuana strains makes me want to completely quit drinking. I wouldn't consider myself a heavy drinker, maybe. I go through 30 16oz cans of beer within the span of 3 days so idk what to do.

Is a third of a handle of vodka a day below alcoholic levels? I was getting pissed of spending all my money on IPAs, so I started drinking vodka recently. I feel this is a great bang for my buck, but I don't want to kill my liver. I think I might try buying some stuff to make white russians instead of straight to slow myself down a bit because I actually might end up finishing the bottle tonight which would be a half a handle each day.

tldr how much vodka can i drink a day without becoming and alchy

The world/society/humanity. *insert Macbeth speech*

czech/german pilsner. I have grown to loathe IPAs so much. I'd like to nuke the American craft beer seen. Fuck them all.

>how much vodka can i drink a day without becoming and alchy
When you start drinking vodka it's already too late.

>go to the store
>all the regular alcks are already in the queue waiting for the clock to drop 10:01
like clockwork

Actually looking back on it I'm fine because I thought a handle was 750ml, but it turns out it's 1.75 and the bottle I'm drinking says 1 liter so that seems actually not bad at 1/3 to 1/2 a quart a day. I was worried at the handle notion, but I'm glad everything is okay still new to hard liquor since I sworn off it since my school days but I'm trying to save $$.

I'll never be as fucked up as any of you.
Anyway it's like midnight here and I can't sleep so I'm having another drink.
I love you filthy faggots just remember that you cunts.

I'm also not an /alc/ but these are some of my fav threads on 4chunz. I like these faggets too.

Thanks.

>posting in al/ck/ sober

How can you even afford being alcoholic?
If I imagine getting drunk on a type of vodka i like (12 -20 euro) every day, that would cost me 50 bucks a week.

You get a job that pays decent and isn't too difficult, and then you go to your job drunk or hungover so that you can survive the insufferable boredom and futility of each day.

fair enough. how much do you spend on alcohol a week if i may ask?

I just like rum. I think it's really tasty and my favorite is Mt. Gay I think it's the tastiest of all :3

Holding farts is terrible for your digestive system, plz no do again.

>sit by crush in mid school
>have to hold random farts all period
JUST

>Mt. Gay

Nigga u gay

As much as I love it, a lot of people don't especially those not really into beer in the first place. I'd still recommend giving it a go though

>tfw was alk for a few years, literally spending any money i got on piss.
>got fatter and depression hits harder (duh) on the piss
>decide its not right poisoning myself every night
i dont have the urge to drink anymore, i supposed i supplemented it with pot and exercise but im telling you its done wonders for my health
the largest i ever saw myself was 108kg within a few months im 94kg
theres a shitload of other factors but really, im so happy not to be dependent on alcohol or just thinking about getting drunk.
im not 100% off, ill drink if we have a family event, but i dont blackout and thats fuckin great. also being not hungover is incredible

Right now? I went back for grad school, so like $50.

This thread always turns to shit with no silhouette OP image. Sage this thread got muh silhouette damnit....anyway update fucking still almost 2 hours till the gas station opens up smoking some weed to take.the edge off

Vodka is a slippery slope. I don't drink vodka now adays because it goes down too quick any hard liquor does...once in a blue moon I'll take a shot 2 of whiskey on social occasions. But mostly I buy beer and wine because I can drink those slow.enough to where im.not pissing myself and waking up.on the verge of alcohol poisoning every fucking morning

is it okay to vomit, then drink more?

fuuuuuck no
why do you think your body is vomiting in the first place

if you quit before you quit getting hangovers i don't think you were there

That foul bong resin I was hitting at the time irritating me maybe. but it's worse when i drink. how do I take medication to stop this interaction?

I think I should be fine because I'm going to pick up another bottle of vodka tomorrow and some kahlua and cream to make some white russians or maybe skip the cream which will slow me down a bit. Especially since I've been having a cup a coffee next to my glass of vodka, so this sounds like the perfect drink for me I have high hopes. My life is shit and I'm going nowhere so its not a big deal if i get drunk though so no worries.

mate, i was for sure there.
i can realise now that when i was drinking even at my most spritely i was still fucked compared to sobriety.

i would drink slabs regularly by myself if thats any indicator

I don't know if it's worse to mix antidepressant with alcohol or pot.
Try switching to pot only, it's the best option.

>tldr how much vodka can i drink a day without becoming and alchy
You're drinking daily... If you can't easily spend a month sober, you have drinking problems. If you have withdrawals, you're an alkie.

You guys ever find yourselves coming back to certain songs while drunk?
For me it was this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=MaFDhiIUz98
I've never even seen the fucking movie. Listening to it while lying down and while the room is spinning is a real fucking treat though.
Recently been listening to these two too:
youtube.com/watch?v=S687vr3GaCY
youtube.com/watch?v=Vr3r6Mdci6c

aha, different user but i just noticed how pot is the gateway drug, in both directions
I used pot to get off my harder habits but when people use that phrase its always negatively.
it helps so fucking much, at least with me.
Though i guess thats just changing your dependency?
idk, it has the least side effects so yeah.

Liquor tears my stomach up. Moonshine is the absolute worst. Beer is the only thing I can do.

Are you that guy from Breaking Bad?

>If you can't easily spend a month sober, you have drinking problems.

that's absolute nonsense, unless you're claiming my entire town is 100% alchoholic. Id wager a few drinks a day is normal and a half a liter is getting into dangerous territory.

I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this, but Budweiser is a safe beer. Like all lagers, it's bland but refreshing.

Why do you hate IPAs? I think they're delicious.

A majority of your town had a drinking problem (not necessarily alcoholic).
Some don't drink as much, but you chose to ignore their existence to justify yourself...

I assume you're not from bugerland because the only place here that doesn't enjoy some boozing is mormon/muslim areas.

Is it possible to get to the "no hangover" stage of alcoholism with just beer?

As in regular, 4% beer?

>toot sweet
american education

You're basically drinking watery piss.To even get toasty you need to drink like 8 beers. All the swill is going to dehydrate you and give you the shits.
When I drink liquor I can get trashed and wake up no hang over. If I drink a bunch of beers I wake up feeling like shit and full of shit. The only time I drink beer anymore is if I'm at a party or just trying to relax.

I drink 4-6% beer to stay hydrated while drinking rum, vodka, or whiskey. I don't think it's actually possible to get drunk on just 4% beer.

Also, the animals that live in those conditions should be executed in the streets.

Budweiser is fine, fuck the snobs.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying craft beer, there's nothing wrong with enjoying huge macro lagers, there's nothing wrong with malt liquor. Just don't be a prick about it.

Sometimes I want to drink an expensive Belgian beer with my dinner, sometimes I want to drink a macro outside on my deck or at the lake, sometimes I want to drink a couple 40s, watch boys n the hood and listen to 80s and 90s rap.

>I don't think it's actually possible to get drunk on just 4% beer.
You are seriously fucked if you think this.

I can get fairly drunk with little hangover from like 5% but you have to be drinking it quite fast which is alright for me but others complain that it can fill them up. I enjoy the taste much more though and I find it easier to ride the line as to not embarrass myself when I'm with people. If I'm in the mood for getting 100% shitfaced then alternating between beer and spirits is the way to go for me but then I just have to accept the hangover.

I'm not even a turbo alcoholic and I find it hard to get proper drunk on just light beers. Maybe if I haven't eaten in 24 hours and I drink a bunch of them in under an hour?

The best ones are fine. Ballast Point Sculpin, and a couple others, but I think the majority are just bitter pine fucks. The really good ones balanced with some maltiness are okay, but it'd be better if craft brewers had some concern for pilsners, so we could get some great versions of those more easily without having to go out of he way to a beer store with a foreign section for German/Czeck pils.

FUCKING WHAT

I mean, look at coke or heroin users. It's fairly normal to spend that in a day.

Excellent taste.

Even if everything is menaingless we are still creatures that gravitate towards pleasurable stimuli and away from painful ones. Drinking too much causes me more pain than pleasure, so it makes sense not to do so pure as a meaningless monkeyboy.

>tfw cant drink while taking these pills i got from the doctor

what the fuck am i supposed to do all day then

Jhana meditation.

Hobbies, bro.

Start gardening. Restore vintage sewing machines. Build model WWI airplanes. Start speedrunning video games. Collect celebrity autographs. Teach yourself to knit. Forge your own knives from truck springs. Dedicate yourself to cooking the ultimate tendie. It doesn't really matter what it is, just pick something.

your under the gun now because a lot of people have suspected it up until this point, just none of them have wanted to call you out on it.

you aren't as smooth as you think

Step 1, be American. Step 2, don't be not American. Booze in burgerland are laughably cheap, you can get proper fucked up on like $7 euro.

What kind of pills? Chances are it's bullshit and you can drink just fine.

Especially something that is challenging but possible to improve at, get those sweet flow state juices.

I don't like your math.

>just got out of 30 days at rehab

Wew.

youtu.be/r25RUAcAkuw

fairly strong painkillers and antibiotics lad, i reckon its pretty dodgy to be drinking while im taking them

You'll be fine.

Five seconds sober. I can do this

I usually give up at around this point.

>sit on the toilet shitting out water for an hour
>ok its done
>finish wiping
>stomach declares its time for round 2
no!
this is absolute fucking bullshit and I will not stand for this, not that i could

I couldn't do it

Wew, I can get toasty from 2-3 half liters of 4,5% beer, it's pretty nice.
But then again I don't drink every day.