Cold cut/deli/charcuterie/cured meat thread

cold cut/deli/charcuterie/cured meat thread

what are your favorite cold cuts or cured meats? bonus points for international posters

as much as i hate to admit it i think boars head makes one of the best (american) bolognas. for me its on par with thumanns

My favorite widely available salami is Columbus Salame Secchi Fiore. It's actually better than half the expensive local small batch shit.

everything from columbus is amazing. my favorite is the peppered salami

one thing Europe really does do better than 'Murica. US salami usually comes from the same two or three producers.

I used to work in a stop and shop deli, and i'm extremely biased towards Boars Head

I really love their deluxe Roast Beef and their Honey Maple turkey. I probably buy those the most. I also enjoy their everroast chicken.

It's fucking sad when your sample set is so pathetic that Boar's Head ends up being the best.

If only it wasn't $20 a pound

Yeah, it's pricey for sure. But the thing I like about good cured meats is that they are so flavorful you don't need very much of them. Even one or two thin slices of good salami is enough to flavor a sandwich. You don't need to go nuts with it to get any flavor like you would with the cheap shit.

are you the same A Friend as OSRS youtuber

There's a German deli in my neighborhood run by two Omas and they make the best fucking meats. Head cheese, paprika salami, wine salami, and their blood sausages are my favorite.

Lebanon Bologna from Pennsylvania.

Benton's Ham. This is a hidden gem. It's amazingly good, not too far from the level of Jamon Iberico, and yet it costs less per lb than most deli brands, even with shipping factored in.

no, but i did create the "superior beat"

I fucking love mortadella, but it's really hard to find here.

>Belgium
I've always been a sucker for salami. Though a good ham, thinly sliced, with some butter and mustard on dark grainy bread, is also pretty goddamn tasty.

I want to make a BITCHIN sandwich, Veeky Forums. Price is no issue. What are some cuts I need?

>japan
save me from 7-Eleven brand ham as my literal only cold cut option

Boar's Head oven gold turkey is good

Cremenelli makes a great mort, it's made in Utah

If I ever became a supreme overlord, my first order would be crucify anyone who worked for deli meat companies OTHER than Boars Head, and cheese companies OTHER than Land o' Lakes

Boar's Head makes a good low-sodium ham that tastes similar to a French-style ham.

>not tillamook
I hope bad things happen to you.

Nt David Chang

I really like Thai chili chicken bologna, wish they sold it in the states. This pic doesn't do it any justice

If you need a pound of salami you are fat as fuck. A little bit goes a long way.

>implying I don't have a family of 4 to feed

been getting smoked duck breast from a local farm store, its amazingly delicious, you can just slice it up and eat it or you can cook it like bacon, I used it to make tacos

Tillamook > most cheese companies

Suck it.