good pho and teriyaki though

where you working, Microsoft or Amazon?

>reddit spacing
kys

>shilling for Austin
kys

>telling people to kill themselves
kys

haven't been in several years but a friend living there took me to Local 360 when i visited. it was really really cozy and the food was incredible.

if you're from flyover you'll absolutely love the pike place market, it's awesome for strolling and checking everything out. i hope you'll be making good money because if you can afford sampling everything and shopping everywhere you're going to really enjoy yourself.

working for Amazon

>telling people to kill themselves
kys

pike place market is a total tourist trap but they do have pretty decent fish at pretty decent prices

>shilling for Amazon
kys

How about Dicks, you colossal faggot?

>telling people who tell people to kill themselves to kill themselves
kys

hahaha, I quit working at a sort center just last month. okay part time job for being in college and the dental and vision insurance is bangin but it was some of the worst management i've had to deal with. i assume you've got a real position though and you're not just whipping the slave labor.

What said. Lots of pho, teriyaki, and ramen. It's all pretty decent. Ivar's for some quick fish and chips, their salmon house on lake Union has happy hour going all the time. Northstar for cheap 24 hour diner food.

Also there's Dick's Drive-in, kind of our In-N-Out burger. Over hyped, but good fast food and open til 2am

>telling people who tell people who tell people to kill themselves to kill themselves to kill themselves
kys

>total tourist trap
i definitely agree with you but if you live somewhere that's not a seattle-type town, it really is a lot of fun to cruise. especially if user is coming from somewhere non-coastal. pike place's atmosphere is just such a pleasure.

oh sure, it's kinda neat once but I think if I lived in the area I'd go there for the fish and nothing else
I just don't get what people see in stuff like that
t. guy from flyover state

Saltys is great. I've been there to dinner and to the brunch buffet.

>local cuisine
uh...seafood and decent asian food. Where I live currently has no restaurants that do dim sum or ramen. I miss it.

>local favorite dish
coffee

Even though the food is not worth what they charge, I think you should eat at the space needle restaurant at least one time. It's neat spending an hour or two up there and getting that whole view of the city.

Head north to Lynnwood for really good Korean BBQ and fried chicken. Also the only chick fill a close by, unless you wanna drive over to the Eastside

Go to Pike Place Market and get a pork bun from Mee Sum pastry.

I love Mee Sum pastry.

>space needle
is a reservation required
or can we just walk in

13 Coins for late night grub, it's over in SeaTac, so a dodgy area, but it has fantastic food way late for cheap.

Oysters, Dungeness crab, smoked salmon, razor clams. Goeduck is unique and native, but not really a local favorite.

Is Washington an alright state outside of Seattle? Seems cozy but not cozy enough to deal with the average seattleite

Some would say washington is better outside of seattle. The cozy is all over the state really.

Hang out there for a week or two sometime. In seattle and outside of it. Also in one of the cities outside of the pudget sound area. Just because thats the area of population density, and its a good idea to see what its like outside of that.

Hey, fellow seattlefag here, there are some amazing restaurants around here

Try some of the ones on this list
>El Gaucho
Amazing steakhouse, has the best filet mignon around
>Dick's Burgers
Awesome burgers, shakes, and fries, and FYI, they don't do substitutions on menu items
>Pho Bac
The best pho shop in town, it's in a boat, and their well priced too
>Other Coast Cafe
Makes some awesome sandwiches, if you go to the Crown Hill location, get The Grabinski, it's basically schnitzel on a roll
>Harvest Find
Portugese food, never been there myself, heard it's amazing though
>Ivar's
Really great fish and chips

There's a lot more that I could list, but I'm tired so here's the list I could think of on 3 hours of sleep
Sorry

Other Coast has amazing sandwiches. It's the bread, really.

You can show up to the base of it and ask for a table and they'll open the elevator for you when one is ready

Yea, I heard that they get the bread from New Orleans or somewhere in Louisiana, its just a rumor, Idk of there's any truth to it though

Welcome to the PNW where chinese food is a huge gamble, good mexican is hard to find, shitty pizza, and an abundance of delicious ramen, pho and sushi.

There is a place in the u district called Amazing Thai which is really good. Also Thai Tom is a well known spot.

try going to leavenworth, one of the comfiest cities out there

Moved here two years ago and also almost went to Austin instead, what software company did you get hired at?

Poke is the latest food fad here. Seattle style hot dog is w/ cream cheese. Dick's gets a lot of hype but it's just cheap hamburgers you eat when you're drunk. Shiro's sushi is the single best meal I've had in my life but it is not cheap. Portage Bay is a decent brunch but not worth the wait even with a reservation. Generally loads of good restaurants all over the city proper but it's all pricey coming from the Midwest or Texas.

The key to finding good food in Seattle is to look for places that never seemed to leave the 70s or 80s. In an area so enamored with lightning fast progress, places like these need to be really damn good to stick around long enough to look that dated.

Some examples include:
Canton Wonton House in the International District (or really any old restaurants in that block)
Herfy's Burgers in Redmond
Countryside Donuts in Bothell
Couzin's Cafe in Kirkland

Also try Ezell's for fried chicken. Breaks my rule but it's still damn good.

seattle and surrounding areas depress me but I drive 5 miles east into the forests and it all just melts away

Red Mill Burgers.
Dim sum, the place in the Great Wall Mall in Renton is pretty decent. Don't go to Vancouver Canada unless you're prepared for overpriced disappointment.
For a romantic dinner, Palisades is gorgeous, if they've reopened. Last time I looked they'd closed for major remodeling.

Dick's is absolute garbage. I ate there once, the fries were so shitty that even the seagulls hanging around the parking lot wouldn't eat them. Never again.

Herfys is literal trash, every location

If you ever find yourself in Georgetown, Smarty Pants has great sandwiches and Square Knot Diner is a perfect recreation of a classic mid-century American greasy spoon without any pretense.

seattle is flyover buddy

Hit up that humbao stand in Pike Place market

You shut your dirty whore mouth

Pikes market is a foodie's dream. It's a must if you're into the scene in Seattle.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pike_Place_Market

>climb on top of that needle dick tower or whatever
>jump off
>kill yourself
:)

OP, I'mma give you a head's up.

Never call it Pike's Place Market, you will get laughed at and have to virgin walk away.

It's Pike Place Market. Because it's on Pike Place, which is at the end of Pike Street.

Also go to Piroshki Piroshki, it's fucking great.

Redmill is way overpriced for the type of burger they offer. I'd suggest Rain City Burger instead, better variety of burger

For good authentic Mexican food, try Carte de Oaxaca in Ballard or Fonda la Catrina in Georgetown. Two best Mexican restaurants in the city

Go to Ezell's or Heaven Sent Fried Chicken (Heaven Sent was started by Ezell after his ex wife and brother in law pushed him out of his business, it's better imo) Buy yourself a pound of chicken strips, half spicy half regular, with a Faygo red pop.

There's a French place named Cafe Presse... go for brunch and have the croque madame with some french press coffee... A++

>you'll get laughed at, and have to virgin walk away
can confirm youre from seattle, this kind of tasteless humor is all the rage there

Seattle is pretty shit for food. moved away a year ago, but some actually good spots of the top of the mind-

Red Mill Totem House - best no frills burgers in seattle
Thai Siam - Great thai and one of the very, very few restaraunts in seattle that makes food actually spicy
Ballard Pizza Company - great pizza
Taqueria El Asadero - best mexican in town
Gorditos also has decent mexican
Emerald City Fish and Chips - great fish, if you arent black you get weird looks from the staff though
Lil Woody's has decent fluffed up burgers
Salumi for sandwiches

Seattle is mostly consumed by yuppie restaraunts all trying to add their generally misguided frills to dishes. Plenty are adequate, but all are horribly overpriced. The Walrus and the Carpenter, and Revel are the only ones i can think of as particularly good right now. There are plenty of options for decent but interchangeable seafood, pho, and 'asian' foods.

There are lots of good markets, and some great bakeries like Original and Tall Grass, so cooking your own meals is great

You should check out By's Burgers and Fish on 4th Ave S.

Not going to claim it's the best burger in town, but the milkshakes are great and it's one of the last hold-overs from pre-Amazon Seattle.

Also if you want to eat yourself into a nice mix of satisfaction and self-loathing: Tubb's Subs on Lake City Way

Piss off, we're full.

>Salumi
My dad went there and they were out of the sandwich he wanted, and Mario batalis bad gave my old man attitude.
So my dad said "go fuck yourself"

Wow, you're Dad's so tough.

Then my dad shoved his baguette down Mario batalis dad's wrinlky old throat and thrusted hard

That's just like, your opinion, man

In any case you certainly can't argue with Countryside, Couzin's, or Ezell's. Those places are god tier.

Japanessa by pikes place is amazing for sushi.

>anything i dont like is flyover.

>tfw I worka minute walk away

Feels good man

>tfw I just realized I have been to a LOT of places in Seattle because I grew up here

This or at least stay the fuck out of Greenlake.

guess where i'm gonna move to

I'm actually considering moving out of Upper Queen Anne to Green Lake.

I can afford it, and I'm a Seattle native, so why not?

just moved to portland. is Pok Pok good? a meme? overrated? gay?

if you're afraid of minorities
might as well go

>afraid of minorities
Portland is literally half arab, nigger and spic now. The whites are liberal scum and homeless

Pok pok is overrated garbage, worth a try if your into fish sauce meme

Cool. I like Seattle Natives. I hate the transplants from the Midwest. You can easily tell who the Midwesterners are from the insipid look in their eyes and how fat they are.

Northwest is full of drug addicted degenerates and Beaners, Idaho included

>Midwesterner
The neighbors are going to tear you apart.

>moving to Seattle
I'm so sorry.

whats wrong with greenlake?
abunch of yuppies?

I...honestly don't know. I work at home so I typically out and about in Greenlake when everyone else is at work.

There are a lot of families here.

Washington is top tier comfy but keep clear of the tweakers I seen most of them in olympic pennisula (i.e port angeles,forks and sequim) also Spokane

This is the truth.

Also we have amazing Cocktail bars
Canon, whiskey and bitters emporium
Zigzag
Rob Roy

Just to name a few

Rockcreek Is my favorite seafood place in the city currently its in Fremont across the street from Paseo's which is an amazing Cuban sandwich place.

Also amazon is a shit show get out when you have worked their long enough to switch jobs.

Other than Taqueria El Adadores and Salumi, every place on your list is mediocre at best I honestly think you have shit taste.

Try something like Il Corvo, or Sushi Kashiba

I liked Maneki when I was up there. Solid.

>tfw I brought enough dates there that Jean, the owner would recognize this and give me disapproving looks

I've stopped bringing dates there, but man, that place is my favorite spot in Seattle.

I'm sorry that the mayor of Seattle wants to nationalize Amazon and make it a state enterprise. You would think that the government elite of Seattle would understand that corporations are the reason that city is such an economic powerhouse.

Seattle is an awful place
even more worst than commiefornia

Kys we dont want you here

Lol when troglodyte left-behinds are yelping about tech savvy usurpers. Accept your role, and your spawns role, as servers to me and my offspring. Face up to it: Either learn a technological skill or be washed into the detritus of the seashore. If you choose the latter, I suggest you find Buddha.

Its "Pike" say it with me faggot, "pike place"

Im puttin your mom to work off 87&aurora you faggot kys

Paseo is really good in Fremont.

>Seattle
>not flyover
Sorry honey bum sweetums, but if it isn't New York or California it's flyover.

>what software company did you get hired at?
Microsoft. So are you in dev, sales or support?

Head down by the ferry terminal and grab some oysters. There are a few places to choose from.

Sunny Teriyaki in Ballard is pretty good. One of the few places in this shit hole that you can get a full plate of quality food for less than $10

Go to the crab pot

You can find decent salmon or fried halibut at most of the seafood restaraunts on the waterfront

Crab pot? Are you serious? It is literally the most overpriced tourist trap in the city. And the food is horrible. You need to leave immediately and never come back

>tfw work near Sculpture Park and see all he tourists get lost around there