Love cooking

>love cooking
>every non-trivial dish dirties up at least 5-7 pots and containers
>spend longer washing dishes than actually cooking or eating combined
>spend longer shopping for ingredients than actually cooking or eating combined

Now I know why millennials don't cook.

What else would you be doing? Talking to a mentally ill trap on /b/ instead of cooking?

If you know how to heat hamburger, use an oven, and cook spaghetti, you're already doing better than a lot of people.

>every non-trivial dish dirties up at least 5-7 pots and containers

I think you are doing something wrong.

you want one of these things OP. a countertop dishwasher that hooks up to your faucet with an adapter. I have one in my tiny ass apartment and cooking is way more viable.

Mine is bigger than that, but still among the smallest apartment sized ones made. It's a fucking godsend.

>spend longer shopping for ingredients than actually cooking or eating combined

Get the same dozen ingredients in bulk for a month and cook everything with those.

This is how everyone used to cook before technology put the entire world's ingredients in every supermarket.

>entire world's
You actually have a very small selection of food staples in your supermarket, you get what's local and cheap to produce in your country.

oh fuck off what he's saying makes perfect sense. Economics of scale have made it possible for first world supermarkets to have anything that isn't localized or obscure

I'm having same dilemma, I don't really mind cooking but the fucking dishes just makes everything about feel like a punishment

Do you not have a dishwasher?

you just sound like an inefficient retard, honestly

Pretty much this.
Do dishes during the pauses in your cooking--while you're waiting for a pot to heat up, for example.
I can't possibly imagine how shopping takes a long time, unless you're the sort of person who stops and looks at things they don't need to buy. Treat it like a surgical strike: make a list, get in, get what you need, get out. I can see that might take a while if you've just moved or if the market just remodeled and you don't know where things are located. But once you've been to the market a couple times and know the layout it will be fast.

this too.

Most grocery stores nowadays will deliver, or at least get everything ready for you to pick up. Costs like 5 bucks.

>using a dishwasher

I'm too poor for that

As in, you don't own one? Or do you think they use a lot of energy cost (they don't).

Usually the people who use more than two pots and a couple bowls while cooking a dish are inexperienced cooks or are trying a new recipe that's a bit over their heads. Often it involves pulling out the wrong sized utensils and having containers laid out with the ingredients all at the same time while they double and triple check the recipe. While this is extremely efficient in a professional kitchen where there are expediency demands, it is not at home. A lot of new cooks spend a long time hunting down ingredients in their own kitchens, too. It gets better. By the third time you make a dish, it goes faster and you'll probably use half the utensils since the process is in your head and you'll know what you really need. You'll be able to find the gaps in the process when you can wash a couple things as you go since you won't be watch-potting and hand-wringing.

I agree that a lot of noobs do use unnecessary containers. But the problem persists with experienced cooks as well. If you're making a meal with multiple different dishes, sauces, sides, etc then the cookware can really pile up even for an experienced cook.

Cleaning as you can while you cook makes a lot of sense whether the person is a noob or a pro. And I agree, it goes much better when you're experienced with the dishes you're cooking so you know when you can take a moment away from the stove to go clean or do prep.

How do you end up using 5-7 pots?

Also, how do you manage your kitchen and cooking time so poorly that you have no time in-between cooking to wash your used pots and plates? It seems to me that you are just exaggerating to make an excuse for your ineptitude and laziness.

I don't own one

>cooking
That's for rich men and housewives with nothing else to occupy their day

>work is hard
millennials indeed

Are you sure ur on the right board champ?

Really even with my more messy meals I don't find myself cleaning/doing dishes for more than 30 minutes unless it was for a lot of people.

NOT ANYMORE

No, I like not having high water and electric bills

I wish I could, but my mom won't let me use the dishwasher because she says it's wasteful. Not OP, but a similar situation.

It's not even cheaper than going out anymore.

>
>I wish I could, but my mom won't let me use the dishwasher because she says it's wasteful. Not OP, but a similar situation.

Using a dishwasher is generally less wasteful than handwashing actually

Only if you don't know how to use a sink
>Put plugs in both sinks
>One sink hot soap water
>One sink hot rinse water
>Dirties go on the counter
>Then the soap
>Then the rinse
>Then the dry
>Use hot water only it melts the fat and makes it easier to clean
I can do my dishes in about 15 min like this. Actually while I cook usually.

Some people only have one sink or the partition is very small on one side. Even still, if you have a dishwasher you're going to use less water than using a sink.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of one pot recipes

What's it like, being this bad at math?

your mother is retarded and you should move out
it's faster to handwash, but that's it
a remotely modern (we're talking mid-90s onward) dishwasher is loads more efficient with water and the lot

that's a damn lie and you know it

>she says it's wasteful.
Doesn't one dishwasher cycle only cost like $1.50 in water and power?

Clean while you cook, you'll only have a couple things left to do once the meal is ready and it won't be a big deal.

Wouldn't the rinse water get contaminated with soap?

>said the millenial

>Contaminated with soap
Think about that question and get back to me when you have graduated special day class.

>wanting soap residue on your dishes