Paper plate hate thread

Do people really fucking eat off of paper plates with their families on a daily basis? I'm talking indoors, not at a barbecue or anything.

Are most Americans this goddamn lazy?

It's one thing for an immature, lazy college kid to be a total degenerate and eat his pb&j's and other carcinogenic shit off of paper plates on the daily, but how could such low-class bullshit be so prevalent in this country?

Side note: stop posting your shitty paper plate meals on Veeky Forums FOR FUCK'S SAKE

faggots

Only mexicans do
also you're obsessed

I know plenty of white people who do too

I think it's a class thing, and that stuff is never pretty.

You're probably just too poor to afford even paper plates faggot

kill yourself faggot

I have two roommates who can't do dishes to save their lives. So we use paper plates so I don't murder them.

that's super lame but you should probably relax, uit's not that big a deal and shouldn't drive you up the wall

10 dollar for 500 plates. dont have to worry about washing shit or stains. goes right in the trash. stupid dumb faggot

I do all the fucking dishes in my apartment because my roommates can't cook or clean. I'd switch to paper plates but they so rarely take the trash out that they would just pile up on the table.

no one cares what you wash, you faggot ass college cuck. go get your shitty useless degree and get ready to work at best buy like 95% of people

I have 3 different kinds of paper plates that I buy in the 300-600 count zone, usually when on sale.
>the cheap plain paper in your pic
>an even cheaper Styrofoam option for things that are wet and would soak through the former
>heavy Dixie plates for microwaving and things that will require significant cutting/manipulation on the plate

That said, I also have some fairly nice patterned ceramic plates if I have company.

>Are most Americans this goddamn lazy?
Not most, but a great deal.
Myself included.
>stop posting your shitty paper plate meals
You should contact Hiro or the mods if you want a say in the rules. Elsewise, no one wants your Nazi bullshit.

>faggots
Not nice bro.

Also
>projecting this hard

Did he just trigger some unpleasant repressed memory? Did you have to do all the washing up in the dorm before you dropped out?

>Europoors can't afford using a new plate for every meal

>can't cook or clean
you mean won't

My mom does this and I hate it.
>I don't wanna wash dishes user!
She then uses the red plastic cup and plastic silverware and then washes them because "they're still good.
So fucking infuriating.

I AM OBESSED

it bothers me and I completely roast any of my friends that do it

this post was so calmly written that I am instantly relaxed and stopped caring about the paper plate epidemic for a few minutes

one of my friends does the same thing. at that point, just fucking wash a real dish. Or are people so poor that they can't afford a dishwasher?

Dixie plates are fairly based. I think their designs assist in plating.

Why do you care OP? Only severe autists get twisted up about what other people do

You don't have friends if you're this huge of a faggot. Quit lying

more like memed, you capslocking faggot

I think it depends on your social circle. When I grew up (upper middle class) the only time I ever saw paper plates would be at a kid's birthday party or a cookout or something where there were a bunch of people.

Eating at home or visiting a friend's family or something? Never a paper plate.

A lot of my college friends were pretty trashy and they used them often. I see them as an abomination. They're acceptable in certain situations like a cookout where you are concerned about easy cleanup, but generally speaking? Trash products for trash people.

IRL I'm pretty normie but witnessing the all the autism that happens on this site kind of rubs off on me

I just think disposable dinnerware is totally wasteful and encourages a lifestyle where laziness is rewarded

>Trash products for trash people

finally someone who understands! It's low-class as fuck.

Not every degree is useless, but non-STEM majors are definitely dumber and more irresponsible than high school dropouts at this point.

>Are most Americans

We are the only ones constantly brought up. you never see stuff like "why do africans do this" or why do russians etc, nobody gives a fuck about the rest of the world and you know it. fuck you. go die in a cave.

>We are the only ones constantly brought up

That's because we're so easy to troll. And since this is an English-language board it's obviously going to be mostly Americans, Canadians, Brits, and Aussies/Kiwis posting here. There's no point in trolling Russians on a board that isn't speaking Russian.

I use paper plates for things like sandwiches and snacks, but seeing a steak on a paper plate makes me uncomfortable. Especially one that's burnt on the outside and slathered with oil from cooking it in a pan.

OP here, I'm American. I think criticizing your fellow countrymen is an important gateway to productive debate and overall betterment of the country. We can't devolve into overly sensitive and censored cucks like Brits.

But it starts with motherfucking paper plates.

>laziness is rewarded
If you think paper plates are the biggest contributor to this lifestyle then you need to wake up

Nobody said it was the "biggest contributor", user. It's one of many examples.

i figure a paper plate uses less resources than dinnerware.

water, dish soap, dirtying a sponge that later has to be laundered, labor involved, etc.

You figure wrong.

No joke thinking about paper plates for my wedding. Renting dishes is a rip off.

I will murder your first born child if you do this.

Hahahaha why? Who the fuck cares you pretentious snob. Nobody goes to a wedding for the dining set. I've never once even noticed it at any reception and nobody has ever commented about it around me. If you spend all your money on high end food and wine nobody will care about what it's delivered on. We're not the delusional type thinking every wedding has to be some fairytale princess bullshit. Also, we dropped five grand on a live band. It's going to be more about kegs, bbq, and rad music rager than some snobby formal affair.

I eat lunch on paper plates and dinner on glass plates.

I prefer paper plates, plastic cups, and most importantly plastic utensils. I work swings, so most of my meals are eaten at work anyways. Paper plates are just easier to clean up, same with cups. Utensils however, I have a weird thing with using the same utensils others have used at some point. Developed sometime after I got divorced. Either way, foods more enjoyable to me with disposable shit.

I use paper plates and when making soup I eat it directly out of the pot

Fuck washing dishes

>getting triggered by a paper plate

thanks for the morning laugh. I didn't realize I needed to feel better about my life until now. Good luck being some loser on 4chinz

BBQ is acceptable paper plate food, carry on

>loser on 4chinz
I literally make 6 figures shitposting from home (aka freelancing)

Enjoy your morning commute to Mr. Shekelstein's office, wagecuck

i don't know a single person who eats off paper plates often. pretty much the only time i ever see them is at childrens birthday parties

I don't find it acceptable as long as there is clean water water around.

>literally
Retard.

If your reply contains words like "Shekelstein" and "wagecuck", no one will ever believe that you're not just a maladjusted NEET that desperately craves validation from an anonymous image board.

redpilled AF

redpilled 50% of the time

I use them if I have a bagel in the morning or something like that, not things I use a fork and knife to eat.

It's fucking degenerate unless you throw a big party and don't have enough dishes. Another reason would be outdoor camping or BBQ.

Bless up

Steak is best cooked in a pan and basted in butter and/or olive oil. Grilled steak is good too I'm not autistic like you but cast iron pan cooked steak is definitely the most Veeky Forums way for steak

It's annoying as fuck to wash dishes all the time. I just rinse them off with water most of the time unless they're really gross.

meh, most annoying part is dishwashing is the cutlery

I use the same water cup for days. The same coffee mug for days etc. As long as I don't forget and leave it full of liquid.

I don't have a dishwasher, I'm the only one who cooks, and I hate fucking dishes.

If it's a nice dinner, it goes on nice plates. Little Caesar's on a monday does not warrant real plates.

I really use them as much as possible though.

I made a roasted turkey tuesday and the pan is still in the sink. I rinsed it and washed a few of the dishes I made, but I was hoping the other 3 adults I lived with would participate in basic functioning.

This is now a horrible roommate thread
>Takes out full sized dinner plate to cut 1 inch piece of cheese
>Leaves knife and plate on counter literally until someone puts it in the sink 3 days later

Other one:
>Will use paper plate to cut 1 inch of cheese
>Throw knife in the sink immediately
>Will come out half an hour later and dirty new knife and plate

Last one:
>Finds knife and plate left out by roommate #1
>Uses it for cheese, even if on 3rd day standing there
>Leaves it and insists they never even ate cheese

Put those knives in their throats. Also say I'm not your mom. Idc who did it you know who you are, deal with it. Start only doing things for yourself until they catch on. But I prefer knives in throats.

Definitely a class thing. In middle school, one of my friends was poor as fuck, whenever I went over to his house we ate everything off those cheapass paper plates. They had a perfectly good dish set, but we didn't use it because ???
My mom always had the nice Dixie paper plates though, but only for when we had the family over for barbecue or whatever

Cool story bro. We both make six figures working from home. And by assuming who I am and what I do, you only proved my point that much harder. Thanks sweetie!

we should hang out bro

BYOP

A lot of people are poor because they're stupid. Why spend money on paper plates whenever you already own ones that can be re-used ad infinitum?

imagine, life being so sad that you need the same attention that girls crave, so you shitpost on an anime board, getting the desired results but instead of looking for validation and likes, you get a bunch of equal losers falling for something as dumb a paper plate.

>not making seven figures working from home
Why is Veeky Forums full of poorfags?

>not making eight figures working from home
why live

>not being the CEO of a Fortune 500 company and shitposting about cheese during a meeting with shareholders.

>CEO of only one Fortune 500 company?
Sure is pleb in here.

Have you ever asked them to clean up after themselves? Or do you just seethe quietly like an autist expecting people to know what you are thinking? If you have asked them to clean up after themselves and they refuse, instead consider finding less ass roommates.

I dont have a dishwasher and my kitchen counter space is legit 2 feet and theres no place for a table. I cook every night and every morning and work 45 hours a week. No fucking way im doing extra dishes