My first cheesecake

Did i fuck up?

It's probably tasty, user. x}

Something certainly went wrong. What temperature was your oven at?

350 f

I usually do 325. Did you do the water bath thing? Put your springform on a rimmed baking sheet with about a 1/2 inch of water in the sheet?

No. The recipe i used didnt say anything about a water bath.

I think the lower temp and wetter heat will help prevent what is going on on top of your cheesecake. I have to admit I have never seen anything like that when making a cheesecake though.

How did you check for doneness? I always base it on how much it jiggles, but I don't see how you could that. Is it over done underneath that?

It's possible to just peel that layer off gently. If you're using a berry topping, it'll look nice.

u just take a water bath while the cheesecake is cooking user

Should i wait until its completely cooled before peeling?

I cracked the top like crazy my first time around, congrats on not doing that at least.

Honestly i just took it out after an hour. I didnt check on it.

It's probably fine. Need to see the insides though.

Yeah, it'll work better cooled. Use a knife and do a little at a time.

Thanks.
Will do. Needs a few hours in the fridge first though.

no it's fine. next time use a waterbath. just make a sourcream topping to cover it up.

>Baking cheesecakes

kek
my brother tried to bake a cheesecake in a rice cooker before
ever since its always fun to bring that up and the whole family laughs about it

The top was loose enough to peel. Its not as yellow as it looks in this pic. Almost cool enough for the fridge

It certainly looks pretty fucking tasty.

Eh, you didn't even really need to peel it. That brown layer on top is tasty.

this. gives a nice solid barrier to keep fruit topping syrup from leaking through too.

Yeah... I uh.. ate that top layer.

you probably needed a water bath and maybe your oven is a tad hotter than it says?
probably tastes good anyway. good job for a first time.

Id eat it. I eat all cheese cake

oh I might have actually did that

Next time just call it a grilled cheese cake.

kek
It looks tasty OP, now I want cheesecake too. I have blueberry pie cooling in my fridge though