First time making Pico de Gallo. Smells amazing. Really simple...

First time making Pico de Gallo. Smells amazing. Really simple, but the chopping up tomatoes/onions/jalapenos takes a while. Also, it's a bit too spicy since I did 1.5x the jalapenos since it didn't look like there was enough initially. Gonna use this as a topping for some yummy fish tacos later. What do you guys think?

Looks fresh as fuck, wouldn't mind some myself. Have you ever considered a pinch of mint in there, or as garnish? Could tune it towards more of a Moroccan feel.

Pico de gallo shouldn't go on tacos or should go on grilled fish or chicken.

Shut up

post pic of fish tacos when you can.

pico looks tasty

very nice, its a good way to get your knife skills fast.

pico de gallo is great on a fish taco you're full of shit

Looks good, but OP you should've cored the tomatoes because it looks watery.

I did core the tomatoes. All that liquid is from 2 whole limes. I'm letting it marinate in the lime juice because it supposedly mellows out the sharpness of the onions or something.

>2 whole limes
Why would you use 3 whole limes? I like limes, but using four limes is too much. Besides, who even has 5 limes ready anyway? Never have more than 7 in my house.

Looks a bit watery. Don't use the 'cores' of the tomatoes and it may look better. Would chip'n'dip, though

Gay

jalapeƱos don't belong in pico de gallo, use serranos instead

wow how can you afford 7 limes?
are you on welfare or something?

this
jalapenos are too bitter

>2 whole limes
where I'm at, you can get 10 limes for a dollar on certain days of the week
>unlike avocados

You don't need to "marinate" it, it's just going to make your 'gallo soggy and gross when you put it on your tacos. Drain that shit.

do you heavily salt/pepper it? any chili powder addition?

why chili powder when it already has jalapenos. Add something more tasty like turmeric and paprika

put that shit in an omelet with some sour cream or you're not a real nigga

I made pico de gallo pretty often, then once I got a food processor ALL THE FUCKING TIME because it was like so beautiful. Instead of 20+ minutes of chopping, it took 5 minutes. Hen when my food processor broke, I just started buying it at the Hispanic market. There are like 8 Hispanic markets within a mile of me, but none of them make it exactly quite like I like it. Gives me a sad.

Long story short, get a food processor

For some reason I feel compelled to break your kneecap with a golfclub. Funny.

You can add cumin but be careful. This will cause a mass sperg incident on this board.

>red onion in pico de gallo

>why chili powder when it already has jalapenos
Because there's more than one kind of chili pepper, user. I like a combination of Jalapenos for flavor and Arbol for a sharp bite. Some people like to use ancho or chipotle for more of a smoky taste (though IMHO that doesn't match with Pico very well).

>>more tasty like turmeric
That would completely clash with mexican flavor user.

>>and paprika
Didn't you just ask why someone would add pepper powder? And then you go and suggest adding pepper powder? Lol.

Switch out the red onion for sweet onion and add some garlic and green onions. I ate about two quarts yesterday with a bag of tortilla chips

First of all use white onions not red. Also squeeze the tomato to get the juice out

looks bad man

dude you drain the water a bit out of tomatoes wtf man thats a soup

You didn't deseed the tomato so you don't have pico de gallo.

>squeeze the tomato to get the juice out
Not sure if troll or retard.

Pico de gallo is amazing on tacos and feels much fresher than regular salsa.

>feels much fresher

What the hell are you doing with your pico de gallo because "feels" certainly has nothing to do with eating.

anyone else just eat pico de gallo as is?

>He doesn't insert his food anally.

Love a good buko no pico de gallo.
*buko no means 'ala mexicano' in spanish

Better to use a small spoon and scoop the insides of the tomatoes out so you're left with a better flesh to tomato liquid ratio. As always though make it how you like it. Who gives a shit.

>a bit too spicy since I did 1.5x the jalapenos
god damn fucking white people and their weak ass fucking spice tolerance.

I used so many serranos last night my fucking piss is spicy today.

looks gr8 m8

>people have a different taste than me
>they're white

y u taste ur piss tho

I'm white too. but the rest of the white people are genocide tier. maybe antifa is right.

nice digits. I didn't need to. it burns my penis a little when I pee it.

a burning pee-pee can mean a lot of things

I don't have a VD. I'm a failed normie.

ha, look at this guy everyone, he's on Veeky Forums because he's a failed normie

Get yourself a slap chop or similar device my dude. They make quick work of onions, garlic, peppers etc.

what's pico de gallo?
is a fish taco shaped like a fish?

Nice 'co de 'lo OP. Would eat.

You guys are whats good about this board

These fu/ck/s on the other hand blow chunks with furvor