Coffee

>coffee
>dark chocolate
>whisky
>beer
>wine
>chilly peppers

Do people unironically like this shit? Is it really an acquired taste? Which "acquired tastes" are legit and which ones are memes?

>olives
>blue cheese

I dont know if youre a child or actually retarded. You only eat foods you liked the first time trying them? You dont think there are people that enjoy the taste of beer, wine, or fucking dark chocolate?? Yeah, its a massive conspiracy, we are all faking it. Brewers have millions of recipes for beers just for the hell of it. Nobody likes the taste, so there is no point in making different beers.
I wouldnt even describe beer or wine as an aquired taste, not really. Sardines are an aquired taste, the first couple of times trying it, I wouldnt eat more than 1, now I love them. Grow the fuck up.

However they're called acquired tastes because you have to 'get' the taste for them.

You try drinking a straight espresso for the first time and your tastebuds go 'wtf is this shit'. However if you eat coffee flavoured icecream it's much milder and you actually taste the coffee flavour rather than just getting overwhelmed by the bitterness. You can then move on to milder coffees like cappuccinos

With beer, there are smoother or more refreshing beers that are easy to drink. On a hot day, try a superchilled variety of a light lager. Alternatively some start by drinking fruit ciders like Koppaberg.

Also as you get older, you lose your sweettooth and start liking bitter and savoury flavours more, quite often when you're older you "hate" a food because you remember hating it as a child, actually trying it again with an open mind will help see if you genuinely hate it or not.

t. palettelet

I love you OP, i've always thought that there's no way someone could like wine or beer or coffee without tons of sugar. Someone may call me a pussy, but at least i eat and drink what i really like and not what makes me "a man". How could someone really taste beer for the first time and actually enjoy it! And if they tell me that i need to acquire the taste well, that's a waste of time and resources

Dark chocolate is the meme. It's not an acquired taste. If you don't like it then have no taste at all.

yes, people do unironically like this shit
most children hate unsweetened tea too, but they liked it once they acquire the taste
I can't believe the amount of picky manchildren on this board

They are all memes, you can meme yourself into liking anything ... upto and including literal shit.

*palatelet

**palettelet

>chilly

>coffee
lol I just add shit tons of milk

Pic related is my acquired taste.
Acquired the taste for it the first time I devoured it and never went back to other foods.

Just need to chuck it in the microwave for two minutes and your good to go :)

No one would drink alcohol if it didn't get you drunk. No one would drink coffee if it didn't perk you up. People will do anything to get a buzz, no matter how unpleasant. If eating poo got you high, there would be a 10,000 year old tradition of people trying to "brew" the best tasting poos, and if you didn't want to eat poo, people would call you a baby who just didn't understand the complex and mature flavour. You can develop a taste for literally anything if you're forcing yourself, there's nothing especially deep about alcohol or coffee.

I love all of these things, though they all have an inherent wanky elitist element built into them. Enjoy them for what they are, none of them are as difficult to understand as the dicks who like them make them out to be.

IPA beer

You don't get to talking about acquired taste unless you've eatne balut

pussy

peppers are legit as fuck. especially jalepenos and banana peppers

>No one would drink alcohol if it didn't get you drunk
Bullshit, it tastes great
>No one would drink coffee if it didn't perk you up
Bullshit, it tastes great

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean nobody does, fag

It's really not even an acquired taste. It tastes like really tender chicken (and not duck strangely), except the broth which tastes like well made soup.

I recommend sucking out the broth and then seasoning with well-aged vinegar. But I'm white so whatever. I can't stand the older eggs because the feathers get caught in my teeth.

Stop making sense,faggot.

decaff coffee and non alcoholic beer sales are dwarfed in comparison to their caffeinated and alcoholic counterparts, the buzz is clearly a large part of why they are consumed, fag

what's wrong with IPAs?

Fuck off you shitposting shill

Imagine liking black licorice unironically

>coffee
Yup usually like it milky ams sweet but black is a nice change up
>dark chocolate
Meh, it's good in stuff or with fruit.
>whiskey
Nope, maybe a mild scothc but...
>beer
Yes
>wine
Depends
>chilly peppers
You put them in the fridge or something?

/blog

Spotted the retard.

If you like the taste, and get the buzz at the same time.

Non-alcoholic beer and decaf coffee have low sales because people like the taste AND the buzz.

>liking the taste and the effect is impossible

Durian is usually eaten by southeast Asians, and even then only some of them. It smells like gasoline & used diapers, but it tastes like banana, garlic, and custard.

I know white people who like them just fine.

>acquired taste
Have you ever tried eating ass, OP? I hear it takes a few tries before you can actually enjoy it

yes, all of it.
but I usually like the ones that are not very popular.
for example I generally like young wine more than older.

and i dislike starbucks coffee. I think it smells very processed and i like coffee more natural. had freshly made coffee on a kopi luwak farm and they were really good. the kopi luwak and the regular coffee.

dark chocolate is only good in small amounts.

habanero chilli peppers have a beautifully complex taste

whisky is not bad, but i would always skip it for a beer. even if it's only heineken.

beer is my weak spot. really have to take care not to become an alcoholic. but alcohol free beer tastes like shit or is sweet as fuck

most olives are a big scam. they are harvested green, dried a few hours and are colored with food color. if there is black water in the package you have the scam ones.
true black olives taste just fine

blue cheese ... i don't like it. too fatty. taste is not good.

5, maybe 4, is the perfect banana for me.

I don't like caffeine generally, but I don't buy decaf coffee because I am suspicious of the processing methods.

I just drink less coffee. I usually have it black or with a little cream, no sugar. Delicious.

9-11 (no pun intended) is ideal for eating. 12+ is good for banana bread.

6-11 is fine to eat as is. would still find a use for 4-13 in the kitchen.

ate my first ass at 19 and loved it. still eating ass with 35 now.

I never had a problem drinking coffee but when I tried it as a kid I liked it better with a little bit of milk, whereas now I like it best black. Dark chocolate is something I can't see myself ever liking because it's too strong for my taste. Beer seems to be an acquired taste but it might just be the different kinds. I tried a non-alcoholic beer before I was even a teen and hated it, then when I started drinking it as an adult I still didn't like the taste of it but the more I drank it the more I got used to it. I still don't really like it, but I can tolerate the taste now.

Every board gets posts by literal autists that can't understand why some people like things that they dislike. Instead of looking inwardly to their inability to relate to others they claim that people can't genuinely like those things, they must all be caught in a gyre of social signalling or whatever fucktarded scenario the autist imagines so their misguidedly aloof "muh superpowers" horseshit doesn't have to be challenged.

some of these are just your taste buds physically changing as you get older, making certain tastes stand out more/less so you might actually enjoy them
some of these are just sheer willpower pushing disgust back and then you find the familiar taste comforting after a while

a lot of wines are pleasant even to the uninitiated, I got into drinking via wine (would have just said "fuck this" before that because I didn't like beer or whisky or whatever at all then, whisky's pretty enjoyable now)

decaf coffee is pretty common, unlike non-alcoholic beer
who the fuck drinks beer without the booze?

I only consume those things ironically, mostly when other people are watching me comb my beard. Can't tell you if there are very many people out there who actually like the things you don't like, since we can't admit it in real life. I'm glad the internet exists.

Honestly the idea of slimy feathers are the only thing that's keeping me from trying balut.

Your mom.

Same reason people like death metal

diet soda is an acquired taste

>who the fuck drinks beer without the booze?
I've done it a few times, mainly because it was offered to me. It's basically carbonated tea. It's also the only appetizing way to enjoy a Budweiser.

I've never had any coffee or alcohol my entire life, I am always genuinely confused why anybody would ever need that stuff.

I like dark chocolate a shit ton though,

To keep you awake and to keep the bad thoughts away respectively.

>keep you awake
How? I literally just make my own hours, I go to sleep whenever and wake up when needed , if I dont need to do anything my default wake up is 11:00.

Even when I set alarms I always just wake up ahead of the alarm even if its not a set schedule alarm.
Then I just get up through willpower, wash my face once and I'm good to go.

Meanwhile all my friends that got addicted to the stuff in highschool couldnt do shit unless they had coffee even back then when we were young
>bad thoughts

That's just stupid, drinking to ward of depression is pretentious as fuck

>How? I literally just make my own hours, I go to sleep whenever and wake up when needed , if I dont need to do anything my default wake up is 11:00.
Not everyone has as much liberty with their schedules as you do. That's why they need coffee and you don't.

But I don't? I get up at 6 AM every day for work user

>wine
How is that an acquired taste? It's a conventionally delicious beverage.

Either you've been drinking shit wine, or you've sought out the driest, most tannin-rich wine imaginable. Get something like a decent Vouvray and tell me that it doesn't taste good.

>That's just stupid, drinking to ward of depression is pretentious as fuck
It is stupid, but hardly pretentious. Not every alcoholic is an aspiring writer or existentialist.

A healthy lifestyle and therapy are good alternatives to a coffee or alcohol addiction, but people have reasons for having them, even if they're not good ones.

I'm 23 and I like all of those, so I'm either a fucking connoisseur or you're just retarded.

Stop being retarded. You don't "need" coffee, you degenerate.

People like different things from you user. Try not to get too upset over it okay? Maybe someday when you're older even you will like to order something that's not on the kids menu.

>Le ironic shilling xD

>who the fuck drinks beer without the booze?
Recovering alcoholics

They taste good

I like all that stuff. And without any irony I don't like soda, chain pizza, fast food, ranch dressing, chicken beast and American cheese.

Coffee does jack shit to me, and I still prefer regular over decaf

>I am always genuinely confused why anybody would ever need that stuff.
>Meanwhile all my friends that got addicted to the stuff in highschool couldnt do shit unless they had coffee even back then when we were young

Seems like you answered your own question. I couldn't stay awake through my first couple classes of the day during high school so I started drinking coffee, worked like a charm. Doesn't do much for me anymore but I still drink it because it tastes good.

Nice suit,Rbrah

Your mom didn't need to give birth to you, but she did anyway.

well if you don't like it, don't eat it.

Trash

When I haven't eaten and tired, strong coffee gives me a genuine high feeling. It's similar to Vicodin.

/thread

>banana begins to rot before it's all the way yellow

Shandy is not a bad intro to beers. I remember going out to try beers during my 21st and ended up liking the shandies and angry orchard stuff. Two beers that I will probably not get over are pale ales and Jägermeister. No matter the brewer, the ale tastes terrible and the Jäger shit tastes like liquid black licorice, even when served right off the ice.

6-8
below 6 is too starchy and has that weird metallic taste
above is too mushy for eating (Good for baking obviously)

A HUGE part of the flavor of beer comes from the fermentation process you mental midget. Yeast produces a rainbow of different chemicals that make the flavor of the beer. All the chocolate/coffee/toffee/vanilla/clove/fruity notes you hear hipsters talk about are all thanks to yeast. The buzz is great but you literally can't have a decent tasting beer without fermentation (i.e. making it alcoholic).

i do like Greek pitted olives though. but canned black and jarred green olives are gross

Are you also a virgin?

Well, niggers from africa get high on poop brew, google jenkem.

Jenkem is a old meme from 420chan u fag its not real

>allow a dozen or so bananas to get to 14-15
>blend them with some spiced rum until smooth (if too thin, add more banana)
>freeze or use ice cream machine
delicious

Decaf is not "caffeine free," it just has a lot less

my GF's dad has heart problems and can't have caffeine, but he still drinks 2 large cups of decaf drip coffee each day.

>chilly peppers
Don't eat your peppers right after you take them out of the fridge, dumdum

mfw I read those without looking at the pic in and I thought those were conments on the taste of ass

1-2 too raw
3-5 is edible straight
5-9 is good for oatmeal or smoothies
10+ banana bread

Patrician taste in bananas my friend

absolutely nothing, they're delicious

>used to hate brie
>progressed to eating just the creamy bit and leaving the rind
>now I eat the rind too, and love it
there's a few other foods this has happened with as well. people's tastes change as they age

Children have stronger tastebuds for bitter flavors which is why bitter tastes really bitter, as you get to be an adult some of those tastebuds die out allowing you to better taste the subtle complexities of things like dark chocolate, coffee, whisky, beer, wine and whatnot.

Ironically I blacked out on pale ales and Jager last night. I also hate both.

They can be pretty bitter

>Decaf

Wine and chilli peppers aren't even an acquired taste, if you don't like them you're just a retard
Dark chocolate is a meme
Beer and coffee are ok but kind of memes
Can't say anything about whisky because it's tainted for me, anyone should like JD though

Whisky isn't bitter though, it's offensively saccharine

Man I love coffee, both black with no sugar and normal (with milk & sugar). Beer's great on a hot day, especially pic related