youtu.be/PrnIVVWtAag
webmd.com/allergies/news/20140813/tick-bites-red-meat-allergy
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3614139/
ccesuffolk.org/resources/alpha-gal-syndrome
prweb.com/releases/viracoribt/alpha-gal/prweb4486414.htm
eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-11/acoa-cas110212.php
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3545071/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2774206/
newsday.com/news/health/hundreds-on-east-end-get-meat-allergy-from-lone-star-tick-s-bite-1.13866631
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thank goodness I don't go outside

Vegan propaganda

good thing scientists already hacked the inmune system

This looks like the kind of shit some Stacy would post on her (((facebook))) for cheap attention.

Weak.

If it happens I'll deal with it, but you're a faggot.

Stay mad, dumbass.

We have this "news" every year

Welp, time to bring back DDT. Never really should've been banned anyways.

How long until some animal activist group breeds and releases an epidemic of these?

It doesn't reprogram your immune system that's fucking retarded. The culprit is alpha-gal. A carbohydrate found on almost all mammalian cell membranes except humans and some other apes. Tick bites a deer or another animal and then bites you with the previous animal's blood still on it. You get injected with some alpha-gal and your immune system recognizes it has foreign and you develop antibodies against it. You go to eat some cow or pork, whose cells contain the alpha gal, and the antibodies specific for it bind and trigger an allergic reaction.

Meat eaters, unlike vegans, typically have the masculine trait of being able to weather hardships with equanimity. If forced, we can live on corn pone and beans without whimpering, whining or curling up into a ball and weeping like a vegan wench in sync with the lunar cycle.

Homie, is this the Lone Star tick? It causes its victim to develop an allergy to an enzume in red meat, nothing else.

You motherfuckers need an education.

>causes people to be allergic to an enzyme in red meat
Bigger deal then you know. This would be huge for me, even if I wasn't already allergic to eggs, seafood of all forms [fish, shellfish, calamari, etc.], pecans, hazelnuts, and fun.

Knowing this tick exists where I am and living near the woods is scary as hell.

I know also of more than one person who has had lasting effects from lyme (joint soreness and general discomfort/tiredness) long after getting it from a tick. These are hardworking people (small business owners/people working shit jobs for long hours), not people out on the dole/handout.

Fuck ticks.

That tick is pretty cool, because it consumes the blood of animals without their consent, just like me.

>(((tick)))
>meanwhile plane drives over your house creating """"""condensation"""""

>Meat eaters, unlike vegans, typically have the masculine trait
So 99.5% of the population is masculine and able to weather hardships? Then why are they so perturbed by the pussyfication of society? Why do the food choices of 0.5% of the population rile these lions.

gay frogs

what are you saying? meat eaters can be vegan if they are forced to, and will do so better than actual vegans simply because they are 'masculine'?

>tick spreads everywhere
>everyone starts eating more chicken and fish instead

there's no real difference for the organism between meat and the rest, it's all nutrient to digest.

I bet you the manliest man could take a bite from one of those bugs and still eat meat.

Yes. Masculine men, the kind of men with the character and strength to forge paths through, and wrest a living out of, the sheer wilderness of the american frontier in competition and war with similar native american men. I'm talking about the handful of us left who have avoided the feminization of the american male, not from the false boogeymen of estrogen vegetables and water, but from the cultural indoctrination insidiously at work to emasculate the male.

So I misspoke by referring to "meat eaters" in general since most are already lost and are pussified numales who sold their masculinity for a fuck. You'll have to forgive me though, because my associates are all masculine men and the women (asians) who appreciate us.

So, all I have to do is eat humans and apes if I get bit.

You realise it has the same effect on vegans right.

I'm ok with this

> If forced, we can live on corn pone and beans without whimpering, whining or curling up into a ball and weeping like a vegan wench in sync with the lunar cycle.

Lmao, bullshit. In general from experience, Vegetarians can eat / stomach a lot more different food compared to the people i know who eat meat. A lot of them are most of the time huge pussies who can't stomach vegetables, mushrooms, anything which is basically not chicken nuggers or potato and often end up getting a adult size variant of the food straight from the kids menu.

>tick causes veganism
So all vegans are actually diseased. Not surprised.

>who can't stomach
They can stomach it, they're just mentally ill and you have to play mind games with them. Like my 12 year old niece who has a conniption and starts gagging if she sees a black speck in her food because she thinks it's pepper. If you can distract them and focus their mind on something other than "does it have meat" question they can often be trained to eat actual food.

For instance don't call it a dosa, call it "indian snake charmer pizza". Don't call it hummus, call it "arabian harem dip". And so on. It's important not to make the carnist feel ignorant or culturally intimidated or he may get defensive and start crying for the kids menu. Instead, just treat the adult food like the kids menu, and only once he has gotten accustomed to eating like an adult, should you teach him the adult words.

>I will be allergic to myself

doubt it

We have the technology to get rid of allergies

>a twitter post by some faggot is a reliable source
>a little tick can make you fucking alergic to meat
hold on, im calling bullshit, brb.

I wish it were true since it would drive the price of meat down from tick bitten morons. If youre so fucking weak that a tick bite makes turns you gay, you should already be dead anyway. But it isnt true. At all.

Ticks are fucking evil as shit they are literally why I refuse to go anywhere near any place that might harbor them (aka fucking everywhere). OP's example is just one of dozens of uncurable, debilitating, lifelong suffering-tier diseases ticks can transmit to you.

Like, go read the wikipedia page on lyme disease and think about whether risking that kind of shit is worth the enjoyment you get from being outside. Ticks that are too small to be seen are still capable of spreading this stuff to you. There is literally no protection, no can cover yourself in as much pesticide as you want but if you keep exposing yourself, sooner or later one will sneak past and then you're sick forever.

We could have exterminated ticks, by the way, if GOD DAMN BABY BOOMER HIPPIES hadn't made us stop spraying everything with DDT.

>We could have exterminated ticks, by the way, if GOD DAMN BABY BOOMER HIPPIES hadn't made us stop spraying everything with DDT.
Ticks aren't the only thing on the rise since DDT was banned. It's also the reason for the increase in bedbugs.
DDT needs to be brought back in a big way.

DDT was banned as an overreaction to absolutely insane overuse

Using DDT to control ticks is fucking stupid because you'd have to blanket the entire surface of the earth with it

Using DDT to control bedbugs is smart because you can apply it to individual homes and its environmental impact is limited

>Thank goodness I don't go outside
this

Wrong, vegans are special little snowflakes who are extremely picky with their food. A normal person (meat eater) has a more refined palate

>not a retarded hick wearing cropped clothes in the bushes
>don't have a retarded filthy outdoor pet
Phew!

>Get bitten by tick.
>Become allergic to meat.
>Immediately die from allergic shock, due to being made of meat.
Good thing I'm a robot.

t. special little snowflake who can't even go one meal without meat without crying like a bitch

t. special little snowflake who throws a tantrum to mommy if his almonds aren't activated

Seriously though
why does this have to exist?
fuck you man, fuck you

Maybe this is what happened to the UMA guy.

Wow, I bet you two are healthy and well balanced individuals

As Lyme disease patient (circa 1995) this just bad wording...
The bacteria transferred via the rock bite, changes your gastrointestinal flora & stop being to process, there for reject (allergic response) bovine protein. I had a mild case of this for 10 years. I still eat chicken and seafood as my protein, but can have small amounts of beef with out getting sick.

The sad thing is, I live in Texas - they refuse to accept & treat Lyme, but oh no that bacterial strain is causing all sorts of havoc.

yes but not well adjusted

It's great to see a fellow vegan on Veeky Forums!
I know how annoying and uncultured those stupid carnivores are. I mean, come on, it's 2017, how can you not be a vegan? I bet those ignorant savages voted for Drumpf. Those racists!

Not a vegan. Not even a vegetarian. I just enjoy food of all kinds, and I often go days without eating meat. Quality is more important than quantity, if it's between CAFO meat and no meat, I'll go no meat.

jesus christ get your dick out of your own ass

So ignorant. I bet you're a Drumpf supporter

No, and you sound like a neckbeard /pol/esmoker LARPing unsuccessfully as a human

Don't give PETA and vegans any ideas

How dare you compare me to an ignorant 4-channer. You fucking racist.

finally this guy said what we were all thinking
vegans eternally btfo

ayy lumpy pringles user

not him but it inspired me to do something more autistic, a spurdo AR

Maybe you people wouldn't always get called racist if you weren't constantly saying racist shit? Or are you proud to be racist? But if so why are you so butthurt about getting called a racist all the time?

FAKE NEWS

>a spurdo AR
you better spam that shit on /k/ because i need to see this

but it is real, lone star tick disease tho

ticks are really just a scapegoat, I'd be more worried about chemtrails and gmos

What's with /k/ and not being able to enter one thread without letting everybody know they're /k/? You're like fucking vegans

Alpha-Gal may sound empowering, but the nickname, short for galactose-alpha-1, 3-galactose, is a sugar molecule that might just cause you to become allergic to meat.

The sugar molecule is spread from the Lone Star tick bite, named for the Texas-shaped marking on its back. Once bitten by a Lone Star tick, the body's immune system is rewired.

"You're walking through the woods, and that tick has had a meal of cow blood or mammal blood," explained Cosby Stone, an allergy and immunology fellow at Vanderbilt University. "The tick, carrying Alpha-Gal, bites you and activates your allergy immune system."

From this, your body creates Alpha-Gal antibodies and, from that point on, the body is wired to fight Alpha-Gal sugar molecules. The majority of people who develop Alpha-Gal allergy syndrome realize their illness after eating meat, which is rife with Alpha-Gal. The sugar is also present in some medications that use gelatins as stabilizers.

So it sounds like you could get randomed by this. I'd still be much more afraid of getting randomed by hiv.

you seem upset, could it be you are a european noguns

>HAHAHAHAHAHAH
>btfo!
Wow,a vegan teenager trying to make shit up.

all ticks must literally burn

>Chicken isn't meat

What did he mean by this ?

Hummus is disgusting.

Literal peasant food.

There are better non-meat foods.

I drown them in rubbing alcohol

I want to burn them from the inside

Uma delicia

I dunno bro that kinda sounds like it's reprogramming your immune system

it has happened to me and it was temporary. my lips swelled up after a steak but i took a week off meat and now i'm good to go

this frightens me because i spent alot of time going through tall grass and shit, its impossible to know if youve got a tick bite. hoping my steroided up immune system can handle it

NRA is a hell of a drug. youtu.be/PrnIVVWtAag

she's not wrong, but I'm having trouble concentrating on the message because her body and head are so crooked. It's like someone put her spine in sideways or something

Holy fuck people like you are actually retarded. Food is just nutrients. You can still get those nutrients and calories from sources without the detriments to your health from animal products.

in terms of lifestyle changes to accommodate the new allergy, it has no effect on vegans

fpbp

I'm sure they'll care, tbqh.

bullshit, since why would the immune system be retarded for the tick, but not the rest of your life when you eat meat and it gets in contact with blood?
By that logic, considering mosquitoes exist, we would all be allergic to it by now.
You are naive.

webmd.com/allergies/news/20140813/tick-bites-red-meat-allergy

>all these foaming at the mouth psycho vegan pure hatred towards meat eating
Are these people supposed to be decent human beings? Got me fooled to be honest

they replace their need for religious fanaticism with moral / dietary fanaticism

The tick only effects red meat.

>Twitter

it's actually mostly carnists acting out their delusions of persecution and childhood trauma at being forced to order off the adult menu

What do you think has happened?
2004. Pennsylvania. Look into it.

They say that neurotoxin is a remedy for this. And by they, I mean a handful of people with anecdotal experiences with wasp or scorpion stings.

My sister has this. Thankfully she's discovered duck breast done properly is an excellent stand in for steak.

Was your bf upset about that week?

Oh dear, whatever will I and the metric shit ton of insect repellent I keep for when I go /out/ do? The humanity. God have pity on the guy that lives somewhere that stays cold seven to eight months out of the year.

>bullshit, this commonly observed and well documented phenomenon is clearly impossible!

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3614139/

ccesuffolk.org/resources/alpha-gal-syndrome

prweb.com/releases/viracoribt/alpha-gal/prweb4486414.htm

eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-11/acoa-cas110212.php

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3545071/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2774206/

newsday.com/news/health/hundreds-on-east-end-get-meat-allergy-from-lone-star-tick-s-bite-1.13866631

Wouldn't you just be allergic to yourself?

Same here desu

>google 2004 pennsylvania diseased ticks
>nothing but statistics on lyme disease
>no mention of diseased ticks being intentionally released

Shouldn't you be talking about how Irma is fake, Alex?