Have your family or friends actually changed your diet?

Have your family or friends actually changed your diet?

My fiancée made me vegetarian, she's actually vegan but we came to an agreement and she's alright with me just being vegetarian. I haven't any meat since March this year.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BR6sGtggH9j/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I started a keto diet to spite my ultra-vegan brother who kept calling me a murderer for liking chicken.

Is pic related? I do go vegi if I met a girl like that.
>Tfw no gf

no because I'm not a cuck

>becoming vegetarian because your woman said to

your marriage is gonna suck

My gf is a chef and I grew up on box mac and cheese, frozen chicken nuggets and hamburgers.
Needless to say she introduced me to a lot of amazing new foods I never tried before.

hey man, did you even hear the part where he stood up to her and said "I want to still eat cheese and eggs"? that took balls of steel

If she wold actually force you to change your diet then she doesn't love you.

That's a slippery slope, faggot.

They think they want to change you, but when they do, they don't want you anymore because 'you're not the person I remember'. What you need to do is be assertive, stubborn, and unreasonable. What way, when you let her finally 'get her way', she'll consider it a great victory when in fact you just threw her a table scrap.

Good luck with your impending bachelor life.

I doubt she forced him. It was probably a compromise. People in relationships do that sometimes.

>compromise

Ultimatum*

I guess you can call it a "compromise" but he got completely fucked over. She probably thinks that she made a concession by allowing him to eat cheese and eggs, but that's a horrible compromise.

That's like someone breaking into your house and as they're walking out with all your belongings you catch them, and after a conversation you mutually decide that they can walk out with only half of your belongings.

A decent compromise would be if he went vegetarian and she actually had to do something she wouldn't normally do for him.

This really isn't a compromise. She's dictating what he can and can't eat. She's in total control here. He's not a partner, he's a puppet.

I'm high school, I dated this poser wannabe botch who listened to shit music, like "grind core" an a bunch of other made up genres. She was vegetarian at the time and spouted all types of retarded shit. Anyways, she strongly urged me to change, and I did.

Kind of.

I remember her, I, and a mutual friend I had a crush on we're walking around the mall. The girlfriend was hungry, so we stopped by a 99 cent Chinese food place and got a few things. I got some plain rice, but I gave the mutual friend a look that said "this is bullshit." She wasn't hungry, but she ended up ordering some chicken wings and fed me some behind my girlfriends back while we were walking.

To make a long story short, after we broke up, I finger blasted the mutual friend behind the movie theater.

Do with that information what you will.

Don't concede too much to her. A few things is fair enough but if you let her mould you she'll get bored and leave.

>Have your family or friends actually changed your diet?

I'm a bit more food aggressive because my spouse has no concept of food boundaries.

If I leave any "good" leftovers in the fridge, they are eaten without my permission.
When I cook something in the kitchen, spouse comes in to sneak morsels of food and it's super annoying. Likewise, I have to eat fast or else spouse will eat the best and remaining portions.
When I have something to eat at home or at a restaurant, I can expect to be solicited for food when my spouse could have easily made/ordered it.

And yes, spouse grew up poor as dirt which explains the pack animal behavior towards food.

Why the fuck would you marry a poor person? Were you trying to be her super hero? Put her in check, bro. I don't want to start a whole thing here, but take it from a guy who has been married for ten years. I used to be a real nice, standup guy. That shit changed quick. Never let a woman get the best of you.

Fuck man, if this was a different board, I'd have some stories to tell you.

My husband suggested I try not eating an entire pack of cookies in one sitting. We pretty much cut out junkfood from our diet, with the exception of special occasions (like birthdays or going out for an ice cream date once in a few weeks).

I already cooked fairly healthy, it was just snacking that was killing it. I've lost ~15 lbs since the change tho, feels good man

>her
>bro
No, it's a man, I'm a woman, and at least most of my girl friends are too afraid of the fat stigma to behave so gluttonously over food.
But feel free to tell me etiquette stories about the pig women you've porked, sounds interesting.

>my husband told me not to eat an entire pack of cookies

Your husband sounds like a pretty cool guy. I hope the poor fellow was able to at least eat the scraps you left behind.

My wife's youngest son has peanut allergies so we have to be careful with some foods. We can't have any nuts in the house, even mixed foods like muesli we can't have because they may contain traces of nuts. It's also made eating in restaurants quite difficult.

Well no, the stories aren't about sex. But seeing as I just realized you're a woman, you would definitely not approve.

Carry on, princess.

>My wife's youngest son
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Nobody asked about your sexual history, jesus, why do you even brag about such lame stuff.

Come on, just let me have this one.

I picked up this really drunk girl once. I was really nice and cleaned her up and let her sleep on my bed as I slept on the couch. Then when she woke up I force fed her one dozen eggs.

Will do, faggot.

this kind of "compromise" is exactly why their marriage is gonna suck. he's gonna have to "compromise" on everything. EVERYTHING.

she's already become "the 'ol ball and chain" and they aren't even married yet

Realistically, OP was almost certainly bait. However I am more than willing to keep arguing about it because it's a perfectly valid topic of conversation.

i wouldn't look to you for relationship advice if burglary is the best analogy you could come up with

>'poor females suck, put her in check bro dont let females get your best'
>'actually this is a post about my husband'
>'whatever princess'

Holy shit male culture on this board is so embarrassing.

You mean robot culture? I blame autistic Youtube reviewers bringing in a bad poster base.

foot in mouth

It's a decent analogy. Good relationships are not like burglaries, but OPs relationship is.

His gf tried to get him to do something completely unreasonable to expect, and the "compromise" was that OP did something almost as unreasonable. The analogy I made is pretty clearly similar

But whatever, if my analogy makes you want to do the opposite of what I would advise, then maybe you think OP should just go full vegan to appease his gf

it doesn't make me want to do the opposite, i just think it's stupid and dramatic equating going vegetarian to please someone important in your life to getting your property stolen.

how fucking big must your ego be if something so simple is such an affront to your pride.

user should just talk it out like a grown adult might and if it's that big of a dealbreaker for the GF, then it sounds like she didn't really like you.

Yes, being asked to change your diet is no big deal. He should have just asked her to stop being vegan. If she loved him then she would do it. How big must her ego be to force him to eat the way she does?

why do you assume it's about pride? I suppose I do consider it shameful to do what OP has done, but that's not the heart of the issue.

The heart of the issue is that this "compromise" sucks. A fair compromise involves each party conceding an equal amount. She conceded nothing. The "compromise" was that she got almost exactly what she wanted and he had to sacrifice something he likes.

And I'll bet anything she won't even shut the fuck up for more than 2 days about how she wants him to go full vegan. Now that he's gone this far you know she owns him. You bitches are all the same, and I hate every last one of you. You kill everything fun and everything enjoyable about life.

Not changed, but my mom is a dietitian and brainwashed me as a kid to eat healthy. My roommates eat like shit and they hate it when I point it out.

No, but I've been personally involved in breaking three vegans.

Alright whose got the full pasta and accompanying webm?

He's not a fan of cookies, but sometimes, I'd share the package in my infinite kindness. He is a very cool guy tho.

"hey, this is something ethically really important to me and I'd appreciate if you could give it a try."
"sure, I'll give it a try."

it's literally that simple. if you give it a fair shake but decide it's not for you and your relationship ends over it, you can rest easy knowing you dodged a massive bullet. considering reversing your decision is literally as easy as eating meat again, i don't see it a high-risk compromise worth being a manchild about. just my two cents, tell her to get bent if you want.

my girlfriend is entertaining the idea of going vegetarian but shes so indecisive shell never do it unless i get on board, and i dont want to

so no, thank you for reading my blog

m8 I hope this is b8. My gf is vegan but would never shake two shits at me for eating meat.

Mine kept talking about how she used to be vegan and how healthy she was so I asked if she wanted to try being vegan. She was all excited until she remembered what hard work it was. I think we went vegan for like a week. She doesn't talk about veganism much anymore. Problem solved

It really is strange how instead of actually looking at it from a different perspective you are just straight up calling people manchildren. It's such a weird argument you're making. You're honestly not even making sense. Humans don't and will never work the way your strange deluded post implies.

K E K
E
K

OP, I hope she lick your pussy very well. Other ways you should be a real piece of shit.

sorry to hear that, try reading it more closely.

You can eat vegetarian or vegan on keto, although I appreciate your reasons for not doing so. An asshole is an asshole.

Yeah, they compromise on where to put the couch, what color to paint a wall, or throwing out that old table.

Not on entire lifestyle choices, or as OP put it, "made me vegetarian" and "she's alright with me just being vegetarian". It sounds less like give-and-take and more like take.

It's the equivalent of, instead of agreeing to cut down on some of your shit and letting her have a room, suddenly most of your belongings are in the dumpster and the entire house is painted pink. But hey, you get to keep your favorite chair. That's called being a doormat.

I compromise on not shitting on the floor after drinking to much. He's on the losing side of this trade.

Shitty relationships, maybe. A real compromise would have been if she went vegetarian as well. This isn't a compromise, it's some kind of exchange of dissimilar things that we are not aware of. At best, this is some kind of a transaction that puts a relationship in weird territory.

That should say she.

It's literally accepting a falicy as fine.
Hey give me $100
Are you fucking crazy no of course not?
How about $50
Well that's half between 0 and $100 so sure.

It would only be a compromise if SHE went vegetarian instead of vegan too. Compromise means BOTH people giving a little. One one person just giving half

Exactly, that guy didn't compromise he started with the I'm not giving you shit opinion and randomly gave her something without getting anything in return.
He literally bought this fallacy.
Well she says veganism is right and I say meat eating is right I guess I'll just concede for funzies.

I would go vegetarian for 3 blowjobs per day from a qt

I don't know how you pups have that much stamina. I can only cum once every few days and I'm only 30.

Lol marrying a manipulative controlling cunt. Good luck op, I hope the bjs are good, but let's be honest we both know she doesn't like meat :^)

No he should be happy she allows him to only be vegetarian. It's a very simple thing all he has to do is change his diet. He should just do whatever she says all the time that's how relationships work!

Dubs of truth.
I changed everything about myself for my girlfriend. I have never been happier with my life. Yes, that is how relationships work!

CCCCCCUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

captcha confirms

He was in no position to have to compromise. Why the fuck would you try to control what someone else eats?

Shit I am your spouse.
I am so sorry.

Before dating my boyfriend, I never would go to restaurants, and would only ever eat stuff cooked at home. He on the other hand hardly ever ate somewhere that wasn't fast food or a restaurant. We evened each other out a little. Luckily neither of us gained weight as a result. I eat more chips now and he eats more veggies. It's a good life.

this 1000x times.
do your self improvement on your own, keep you woman out of it.
Don't be rude, just assertive and stubborn.
Throw her a scrap now and then and say things like "that's a good idea" or "you're a smartie"

How the fuck can you get 150g of fat and 200g of protein a day from plants, all while getting >20g of carbs?

I know this is almost certainly b8 but I'm going to respond anyway because it's more entertaining that what I was doing before.
If someone is a vegan and they do not want to date a non-vegan, or at the very least has to get them to change to a vegetarian diet I would likely not go out with them.
It's not worth making a major lifestyle change to appease my SO if they're not also making a major lifestyle change in return. Even trade or it's not worth it, plenty of fish-substitute in the sea.
That said, if they are a vegan I won't force them to make a major lifestyle change simply because it's, for example, inconvenient to prepare a vegan and non-vegan option for dinner. However, I'd be willing to do that because it's not a major lifestyle change, it's a compromise (something other commenters in the thread have trouble grasping) and is not simply demanding I change something major to appease them. An even better compromise would be preparing your own dinner, or preparing an option you can both eat, while still being able to make yourself a burger if you please.
I'm a horrible writer so I'll just make an example of what I'm getting at.
>I'll cook burgers, but prepare steamed veggies as well + perhaps another vegan main. I'll eat the non-vegan burgers, you'll have more veggies.
That's compromise.
>I will cook nothing but vegan food for you and will allow you to limit what I can cook for myself
That's manipulation.
If your fiancee is incapable of compromise with you on something, then they're incapable of respecting you in a full capacity.

What a fucking cuck

Why do you care? OP sounds happy.

I know a lot of people in abusive relationships that've ended poorly with a lot of fallout and heartbreak.
I'm just trying to help out because I love each and every one of you.
Plus it's an excuse to have a little thought experiment or express my views on something. Same reason anyone else posts anything here.

I know you are trying to do the right thing, but take care of you first. We all have to learn from our own mistakes sometimes.

That bait was so obvious that I want to believe that you're trying to bait a (you) from me

That's good advice user. I appreciate it.
Perhaps I'm trying too often to hold others hands through major life lessons.

Not OP but yandex says no. She's hot though, I'll give you that.

post that girls feet please

This, please deliver OP

Similar situation. My dad had high blood pressure when I was a kid, so my mom started cooking healthy for the family. I grew up accustomed to eating stuff like spinach and beetroot.

I had a vegan room mate once. It's not an ego that fuels them, it's the fact that they're moral-busybodies.

What was it like?

Found her instagram m8
instagram.com/p/BR6sGtggH9j/
Of course she's a slav, they're always the cutest bar none

I've done the opposite. My girl hates handling raw meat, and also had bad experiences with meat based dishes growing up. I cook because it's fun. I've slowly gotten her to eat fresher foods, more meats, less processed shit. One of the best memories I have is cooking scrambled eggs together, since it's one of the few foods she's excellent at cooking.

>She cooks veggies in the microwave and claims it's better

it is nutrionally better

pea protein and olive oil

>changing your own diet for a hippy vegan
No pussy is that fione~

cuck

Being a vegetarian just seems like masturbation. I can see the arguments for being a vegan but isn't it hypocritical to say eating meat is bad but then contribute to the dairy and egg industry which are just bad and support the inevitable slaughter of the animal anyway? If you're going to follow a diet based on morals, you may as well be as morally consistent as possible.

Extra firm tofu as the protein source. I did it for a couple weeks as an experiment. Stayed in ketosis, but I do not know if it is viable long-term. Carbohydrate threshold for remaining in a state of ketosis is usually between 30-50g after becoming keto-adapted in 2-3 weeks.

>If you're going to follow a diet based on morals, you may as well be as morally consistent as possible

Vegans love to cry MUH NIRVANA FALLACY when you point out all the suffering veganism doesn't address. They should shut up about vegetarians.

>OP sounds happy.
fucking lol

>>I would not date xy
It's okay, they would not want you anyway

You're speaking from experience, I see.

I used to have an asshole roommate that would just help himself to stuff in the fridge/cupboards regardless of who it belonged to, which meant I gradually stopped buying multipacks of snack foods, soda, bread and desserts and only got single-serve and raw ingredients that he couldn't easily just eat out the fridge. Ultimately that actually helped improve my diet and weaned me off some bad habits but he was still an asshole

No, but my girlfriend got fat after adopting my eating habits.

>woman
lol ok

>Wanting to end all suffering
Know how I know you're a child?

I sadly got fatter since being in a couple makes eating more of a ritual instead of something you are dragged into in order to not die

the only meat I eat is poultry (dinosaur). And that's rare. My main diet is bean dishes and bread, skim milk and skim yogurt.

So if you could end all suffering with the press of a magic button you wouldn't? Its obviously not possible to do but I may as well take steps to reduce suffering as much as possible. I'm also an antinatalist, life is the problem.

Pussy is not coming between me and my bacon

>Press of a magical button
Nice Disney hypothetical there child. Your mental exercise is meaningless because of course everyone would say yes. Or, anyone would say yes. However, my definition of suffering is different than YOUR definition of suffering, is different from HER definition of suffering and so on and so forth. Suppose I am in suffering because I desire to sleep with someone who doesn't desire me? How can my suffering be satisfied without violating her sense of suffering? Suppose this magic button homogenized us all into having a perfectly congruous set of desires that are easily fulfilled. Once fulfilled wouldn't the ease of attainment not lead to a global malaise of boredom akin to playing Vidya on easy mode? Would not a lifetime of absolute boredom be a form of suffering? So even the existence of your "magic" button could not solve the problem set before it. Lurk Veeky Forums or better yet read some more faggot.

You shouldn't have someone forcibly change your diet for you like that, user. No matter who it is.