Autumn festival is coming up, what are your thoughts on these?

Autumn festival is coming up, what are your thoughts on these?

So THAT'S what they look like on the inside

those are salted duck egg yolks in the middle right? I never liked mooncakes t b h. id like it without the egg thing

don't try to eat it at once. cut it into 8ths.

Hong Kong > Taiwan

Egg > No egg

Lotus paste > Everything else

It's usually not duck eggs, just chicken eggs. The eggs are really good though, they add a great texture.

Yeah, you have to eat little pieces at a time, otherwise you'll be chewing forever.

oh

well shit that explains why it taste so "potent"

Derpy American checking in. What am i looking at here? What is its story?

I always wanted one because of Sagwa

It's asian equivalent of halloween. People gather around and eat this moon cake with tea.
Green tea paste is the best. Chocolate and coffee paste are meme.

this

I'm a simpleton, I love mine plain with lotus center or redbean, can do with or without the yolk. I was upset when I was given this mooncake with this red seedy center, there was a lot going on inside it and it was supposed to be salty/savory.

Anyone know where the best place near Washington D.C. to get these would be?

Are.. there words in the design on top?

It's not like halloween. It's their thanksgiving. Autumn festival celebrates the harvest season. It's a very significant festival, only second best to the lunar new year.

Traditionally just names of the bakeries they come from.

Mooncake is a very high calorie treat that don't fill me up.

Oh man I've never had one with a yolk inside. Shame I don't hang out with a bunch of singaporeans and vietnamese who pretend to be chinese anymore.

They're delicious but so heavy that just one bite will leave you full for a week and make you gain at least 10 pounds.

lotus with salted yolk is my favorite. red bean is OK but too sweet.

chinese people will tell you it's like fucking elven lembas and only one bite is enough to fill you up.

if you're a normal size white man that's horseshit. buy three.

I like red bean and sesame.
Funnily enough, more and more young Chinese people (not the Westernized ones who try to compensate their lack of identity) dislike those.

And yeah it's kinda rich. It might not make you feel full but it's one of the worst calorie bombs out there. Get the mini ones.

Never really saw the appeal in them, although there seemed to be a huge variation in quality when I was in China.

How much do you weigh?

5'10" 160