Post your restaurant idea

post your restaurant idea

right now

Fast food sushi.

Waitresses are registered nurses and you order iv bags.

That's called Revolving Sushi Bar.

original 9/11

no fuck you its my idea

Pizza shop that only serves dessert pizza

store that sells food in return you have to pay them in say money or something

pleas dont steael my idea

An exotic food truck where I change the type of food all the time so I can make puns.

>Zebra burger day
>Black Zebra with white stripes - $10
>White Zebra with black stripes - $50
>Refuse to tell anyone what the difference is without buying

>Rabbit burger day
>call it the fiver special
>charge five dollars

>Dog meat day
>wait for girls walking dogs to go by
>ask them if they want my hot dogs
>they tell me to fuck off, they own dogs
>hey, I own dogs too, mine are just dead

A restaurant chain with fries, burgers, kids meals and playground etc.
A breakfast and dinner menu.
Probably has a drive thru.
Signature sauces and burgs.
Sides like piping hot fries and chicken nuggets.
Fuck I'm making myself hungry

mission style burritos, taqueria in europe

I'd just serve crap I bought at wal-mart directly and jack up the prices. I wouldn't have to pay for a good cook cause it's all premade canned crap.

magen boegli

A ramen noodle restaurant for college students
the ramen is made in bulk and served like a soup kitchen
instead of buying a meal every time, you buy a punch card for a few dollars and you use it to get 5-10 bowls

A restaurant that only serves potato products. Fries, baked potatoes, hash browns, scallops, smothered, potatoes o brien, boiled, tater tots.

I've been thinking this one over
>Open up an experimental Burger Joint in some country with very lax laws
>Lots of crazy different types of burgers with different meats
>Have all of the chef be convicts
>Have them all compete to find who can make the best burgers consistently
>kill off the ones with either no creativity or consistency
>Get more convicts
>Repeat until you have a full staff of master burger chefs working for next to nothing.
>Profit

That exists but with actual food. A lot of places in eastern Asia just sell meal tickets that are exchanged with meals college cafeteria style.

Already done by numerous Mexican hustlers nearby conventions / theme parks

Trip AND an original. I don't see it take off, but good luck.

lawl might work in Africa or middle east where everyone hates everyone else and cannibalism is allowed

>Hello, I'm looking to book a plane ticket to a country with no laws against murder

Honestly I don't understand why this hasn't already been done. The potato's versatility is only matched by huge cheap it is. Seems like a huge profit ceiling.

It probably exists but not were I live, but a strictly-soup buffet. You could also order delivery or take-out in quart or gallon jugs.

A cozy little Celtic pub/restaurant that serves food and drinks from the 6 Celtic nations decorated like pic related

Food stand or truck where I make weird kebabs.
I'd have one with meatballs, pasta, some sort of vegetable as filler, and tomato sauce to dip with.
I'd also have one with chunks of ground beef, onions, tomato, lettuce, cheese, and slider buns toasted and seasoned at the ends.
I had thought of some more but I forgot them.

Call it 24k and all food is made of pure gold

5 Appetizers, 5 main courses, 2-3 desserts. Large menus are always a bad sign. Restaurants should focus on using local produce and doing a few things well, not everything adequately.

They have these in SoCal. It's called fresh potato factory

Mine is a smoothie/shake/coffee bar that has the same business model as subway/chipotle/make your own pizza places

An American Southern food restaurant situated in the UK. Biscuits, cornbread, fried chicken, pork barbecue, grits, collards, gumbo, all the classics made the right way, but in Bongistan so it seems exotic and unfamiliar to them.

Keto Kitchen

I serve only low-carb meals from apetisers to deserts and juices, the customers can see how much kcal, macros and micros they ate.

There are also high-protein daily meals for those that do sports.

Everything is served in picrelated plastic dishes so it can be taken home or delivered.

>Everything is served in plastic dishes
you had me until there

it's a calzone food truck but all the calzones are themed around comic books

Make blood pudding with guests own blood

My restaurant idea is basic. Serve whatever the hell I want and allow the wait staff to slap anyone that tries to go off menu and can closed fist punch anyone that asks for a "vegan alternative" or asks for anything to be served anything is "Gluten free".

ok, we'll strike that one :-)

people enter the restaurant and are seated by the waitress
all the tables in the restaurant form a circle around one big table in the middle
suddenly some waitresses walk to that table carrying an entire meal including drinks and desert for a full table
every table starts furiously bidding for the food until one table outbids the other ones and buy the food
there isnt enough food for every table nd nobody wants to go home hungry or get stuck with the worst meal
but also it may be worth it to hold on to your money to see what food comes next and to wait until the most wealthy families have all bought their meals so you can get away with eating cheaper

Pizza place that only sells by the slice close to a university. this is in a country where you only buy whole pizzas, and we're not fat enough to buy a whole pie for a quick lunch. Lot's of potential here! the whole pizza lunch/going home from the club/hangover slice concept is ready to boom here!

Stealing this. Sorry.

A giant swimming pool filled with chili. Make it heated so the chili won't go cold. You can swim in it and eat as much as you like. You just pay for entry and for drinks.

A biblical themed restaurant where only food and drink referenced in the bible prepared the way the jews and romans cooked it, is served. I think it would be quite popular in the areas like the south and midwest where we have large concentrations of the whacko, loony fundamentalists.

This already exists in France and is fairly popular
it's called "La pataterie" and it's a chain.

Weebshit extraordinaire. Only japanese food, including the less famous stuff; especially the less famous stuff. All served in bentos by cute girls in meido uniforms. And just go all out with it - areas where manga is sold, the TVs playing anime, Japanese music playing (not only weebshit), more than a handful of fighting game arcades... going all out.

This would be EXTREMELY popular in cali

Fuck, I'm in Atlanta.

Try to survey the amount of weebs in unis/youth area

All menu items are either beef or bread
>>Bakery and steakery

I'm still an uni student. Georgia Tech seems to have an above average number of weebs, but I didn't gather much else. Probably gonna move to California later based on my major and job prospects.

i want to sstart a dnut shop across the street from campus in my college town

Atlanta is the perfect place for it. ATL niggas are weeks to the max. Plus all the Asians, especially Filipinos and Vietnamese there. You'd get massive amounts of business in Atlanta.

I wish I still lived there but I'm back home in the UK now. I'd totally be an investor in that.

Have Tailor Swift shit on a plate and then sell tiny bites of it for $100

I disagree. I think a lot of people would say "Why would I go to that weeb-ass joint when we could just go to buford highway and get the same thing for 2.50 with actual dog meat?"

In ATL its a flawed concept. It might work if it was actually ON A CAMPUS like gatech or gastate but it would have to be on campus and would only survive on convenience and price. It could work, especially if you got some college student groups to hold meetings there from time to time to expand the crowd and force the restaurant into the school culture. (But this part is true for any on campus dining location - and good luck with on campus rent prices)

Yeah, if there's anything I can say about Atlanta is that there's a shitload of FGC players and they're all weebs. I reckon it might work, but I'm not even from the US or out of college, getting enough monetary stability to start that up would be great.
>ywn host fighting game tournaments in your weeb restaurant and getting great quality weeb material to the masses
That'd be a dream come true. Comfy as hell.

Cliche as fuck

boozapalooza
all the foods are cooked as heavily in or with alcohol that I don't legally need a license to sell it, but it can still get you drunk

Food truck that does auithentic chinese and japanese dishes. I'm white as fuck and live in a white as fuck city in Alberta where it doesn't have any good food trucks or chinese restaurants. Mostly chinese, I reckon.

You've a point there desu

Holy shit. I am going to do this but as a food truck and only do it once a week on fridays. This is brilliant as fuck.

A family style fine dining experience where I serve a different meal every night and that is it. No choices to keep prices down and waste minimal. I may have Staples that are served weekly or bi-weekly if they prove popular. For example, I'd like to do fish Friday's but do different things like one week serve up a whole roasted salmon during salmon season, but during the winter do a hearty fish stew, or throw in a traditional bacalao dish etc. Ideally I have the whole week planned out and posted by Saturday at the restaurant and on social media so people can plan ahead since no choice will be offered. I'd like to find a way to keep prices within the $10-20 per person range, adjusting with cost of ingredients of course. Drinks sold separately, gotta make my margin somehow.

Retro diner. It has a griddle for burgers and stuff, but the main draw would be an old soda fountain complete with old stuff like phosphates and egg floats with a full icecream/dessert counter.

I think the appeal of the restaurant idea is the weeby-ness, or the food itself. Like a lot of places nowadays you're paying for a total experience. The people who'd react how you posited would probably never want to eat there regardless.

There's plenty of successful quirky eateries both OTP and ITP. Colleges aren't the only big pull for that sort of market. There's a massive arts scene, film/television, music, etc. The customer base extends well beyond GA Tech weebs, and a good bit of quirk with the right marketing can become a local landmark and tradition.

t. Owns 3 restaurants in 2 countries.

cereal fast casual

>choose your grain
>choose your sweetener (optional)
>baked really fast in some magical oven
>fresh homemade crunchy cereal
>choose your milk (or yogurt for $2 more)
>choose your toppings (fruits, nuts)
>$10.99 per bowl

Cool. What do you think of my idea? (not that I'm in any position to pursue it)

Yeah, it's supposed to have good food because fuck it, we're on Veeky Forums, we have to like food at least a little bit, but the idea is to try and make it a weeb heaven of sorts. Doesn't need to be flashy, too. Not too sure on how far the costumer base extends, though.

I've seen the concept crash and burn so mich that now when someone considers it I ask if they are willing to move 1000 miles to get to a better market. That is about the level of dedication needed to make it.

>self used oven
That's a no go. The shit that would cause will never make it worth it. It's like you've never worked in public before.

Nobody said it was self-used, user.

It could be done like those Mongolian Grill places: Customer walks up with his/her hipsterbowl loaded with ingredients. Restaurant monkey cooks it for them. Customer shells out neetbux.

You make really silly assumptions.

I think it's a great restaurant in theory, but the mass appeal isn't there. People are picky and self-centered. It'll probably be great critically but a market flop. Customers want variety. Food critics will love it. Food critics don't keep the lights on.

I think if you could vary it just a slight bit, to a few local seasonal staples with a boutique preparation on the menu at a time, you can draw in the locals, tourists, foodies, and critics and get a hit going.

Atlanta certainly has the customer base for it. Slap in a bubble tea bar with a walk-up/drive-through window off the side of the bubble tea bar and you're printing money in Atlanta.

True. Luckily though it's probably a good market for it. You've probably got 4 cities in America that would work in: LA, SF, NYC, and luckily ATL. You could strike gold if you did it right in Atlanta.

So you pay some minimal wage to get it running, then what? Ovens take forever to heat, so to get the product served you need to keep it running all day. That just sounds like a miserable money pit.

I really think you need to rethink the concept. You are taking a niche market and burdening it with expensive frivolous options.

One of the walls is an ant farm. It's just a cafe otherwise. Maybe some small insect enclosures underneath glass set into the tables

>Ovens take forever to heat, so to get the product served you need to keep it running all day.

That's not a concern at all. You could either use those high-speed convection microwaves like Subway uses to toast sandwiches, or you could use an electric conveyor type oven, like some other sandwhich chains or most pizza delivery places use. They don't seen to have any trouble running one 24-7.

>>I really think you need to rethink the concept.
It wasn't my concept. I just jumped into the thread when I saw you assume that the customers would be operating ovens when there are plenty of ways around that.

Someone would break it, then you are closed for a week trying to remove the little shits

>Someone would break it

Why would you not make them out of unbreakable materials, user? Are you daft in the head?

Just use thicker glass like they do in zoos, I don't think people are completely retarded enough to hit it hard enough to break it

The part that's not exactly helpful is that I'm majoring in Computer Engineering. I do have a minor in Business and another in Economics but that's it. On the other hand that can probably get me enough money to get going.

And, honestly, I love Atlanta, the city just feels fantastic. If I can do it here I'll be very, very glad.

I wish this was true

Unless your food is fucking incredible no one will bother with this. Sorry ~

Good points. Especially with families having picky eating kids. I could do a separate little menu called the Picky Eaters menu to make it playful and offer a grilled cheese for like $7, a personal cheese/single topping pizza for $9, or a pair of sliders for $10. I would also make all the sides orderable as entrees so vegetarians can order extra vegetables, rice/beans, salad etc.

richpeople korean bbq,without anything hinting that its korean.
dryaged beef, iberico pork etc
very high prices for the meats, a whole bunch of free side dishes which are very cheap.

Every dish in my restaurant would revolve around different varieties of hot sauce, or maybe there would just be a big hot sauce bar where people could choose to top their food with different ones, or both. I just really love hot sauce.

Someone opened up one of these in Louisville and it makes me so angry because it's the most bullshit idea for a restaurant ever and it takes up a space that could contain something actually good. I hope it burns down in the middle of the night accidentally.

I've seen some around nyc, it's called potatopia

I'm sure your health inspector will cuddle you after the fucking he will give you

I'm a Political Scientist who started a marketing consultancy after being on benefits checks before I started investing in restaurants. Your major in college doesn't mean shit in the real world most of the time, so don't worry about it. Only the lucky fall into their dream job they got a degree in. If you're pitching to investors make sure you have a clear, concise business plan, and have plans for a couple years, not just getting off the ground. Importantly, when it comes to running a restaurant from the business side remember:

1) what do I want to see in a restaurant? If it's not what you want, then it's probably shit and not many other people want to see it either. People have pretty similar expectations of service and hospitality

2) find someone who can make your expectations a reality in the kitchen and in the dining room. Get the best, most inventive and creative chefs and operations managers you can find. Preferably, the ideal candidate could do the other's job too if need be because they have vision, skills, and instinct in a good restaurant. I lucked out with my first restaurant, as I invested in and later bought out my mother-in-law's share she split with me on her bakery/restaurant in Panama. She hated and wasn't good at the business side of things so I took her share of ownership in exchange for a salary. She's a nitpicky, demanding, and focused perfectionist to a tee, so she's an irritating mother-in-law but fantastic at cooking and running a restaurant for me. Get the right people for leadership.

This, people eat out to avoid hassle. If any easier option is available you will be ignored

Try not to get too playful and whimsical with the kid's menu if the rest of the restaurant is more upscale and boutique in theme. Cohesion in all parts of the menu and theme of the restaurant are essential to making it a place people return to. Clusterfucky themes are why no one wants to eat at a chain restaurant if they have a choice otherwise.

I will give you kudos in that at least you understand the work that is needed before opening something like this

Yeah, that ought to help. Anyhow, I need to get out of college first to try and do that.

I have developed ideas for several economical family chain resturants/strip clubs

Potter's fish shack-girls will be bottomless instead of topless and we will have a signature 'pooters fish sauce

BBWs-pronounced 'be be dubs' will be a fry by your side table chicken wing joint with plus size strippers for man who's into that. They will grease them selves up with fryer oil. And give you all dances while you enjoy your buffalo wings with bleu cheese dip.

P.F. Wangs-habachi style service with Asian men in nothing but annapron. Wait until you get Wang Chung shimp flipped I to your hate by an Asian penis

Pizza slut-strip club pizza joint.

I have a few others if anyone is interested in investing

Asian food trucks everywhere

Pooters fish shack

you must be 18 years old to post on Veeky Forums

I'd like to open up a nice BBQ joint with the absolute best equipment and hire the absolute best BBQ cooks from down south.

My BBQ joint will eave a smile upon our customer’s face and a feeling of great satisfaction when they leave the restaurant. I will do this through superior quality food, superior customer service, sales growth, cost controls and treating my employees like family. I believe that our employees are our most important resource and our success depends upon creating and retaining a staff capable of delivering an exceptional dining experience to every customer, every time.

And we'd make sure we only serve Blacks. No fucking whites. Shitty asians or mexicans. Blacks only BBQ heaven.

comfy

I'm 30

Well see who's laughing when your bringing the wife and kids down to pooters....dipping your fries in our famous pooter sauce!!

Not really a restaurant, but a cafe mixed with a brewery.
The cafe would open during the morning and go until evening, which then would close and turn into a bar for the brewery.

Basically a cozy space for people to shill.

i wanna dip my fries in your man-cream

Same here

>Clusterfucky themes are why no one wants to eat at a chain restaurant if they have a choice otherwise.

But also, you know, the fact that with most chains it's almost always boil in a bag, pre-made Sysco/US Foods meals for real restaurant meal prices.

So, an Irish pub. With a pot of stew.

I call it the Two-Dish Kitchen.

Someone (my mom, probably) will prepare large servings of only two entrees. Customers can have either one or both, but only two dishes are prepared each day and no special requests are taken. The entrees would change depending on the season (i.e. more stews in the winter), but there would only be two options.

The overhead would be low and customers would be satisfied with the low prices.

Nah that's be it. And it'd be the best fucking grilled cheese/pizza/sliders these people had ever had the pleasure of tasting. My background in the food industry right now is specialty cheese, so you know. And the theme is comfort food Americana/Mediterranean made with just fantastic local ingredients (easily pulled off here in the heart of California farm country) so decor would be a little cozy a little formal. Dare I say California casual. Think going over to Sunday dinner to your grandma who really has her shit together. I have this vision of a candle lit room rich in darkish woods maybe California redwood with some booths lining the walls and long continuous family style tables down the middle. I'm on the fence about having white table cloths but white cloth napkins are a must.

We think alike. Let's go in business.

the food court at my college had some kind of potato restaurant called "Fully Baked" it was basically a Subway type thing but instead of sandwiches you got baked potatoes and could customize the toppings.

I have two ideas

ONE
>A supper club that offers a choice of three meals (one meat, one fish and one vegetarian). Included are two bevereges (non-alchoholic) and desert. All available for a flat fee.
>Live music, dancing & dinner theater to accompany.
>alcoholic beverages available for a sepearate fee (wine/beer at the table with brandy or cognac available afterwards).

SECOND
>Viking-themed world cuisine restaraunt
>Individual entres or "table meals" (where everyone at the table shares one large meal)
>specializing in hearty cuisine gathered from all nations by the "crew" (employees of the restaraunt) on their travels while "gone a-viking".
>Brewpub that offers beer, and both greatmeads and quickmeads as well as home made soft drinks
>Waitstaff to wear traditional viking garb and fake a scandinavian accents (preferential treatment for applicants who actually HAVE a scandinavian accent)