/alc/

Alcoholism thread.

I don't frequent these threads, but I hope you all get better.

Canadians are gay

>tfw sobriety is gradually becoming less annoying

ITT: pathetic faggots without healthy coping skills for life.

thanks baby

Joke's on you, verbal abuse is my fetish

Hahahahahahahahahaha how the fuck is alcoholism real hahahahaha nigga just put The bottle down like nigga close your lips a

>he thinks being mean on the internet is a healthy coping skill

It's painfully slow, but anhedonia eventually goes away.

I love you too, user.

OK, what's wrong with my silhouette?

>anhedonia
Annoying water print right in the middle
Numbers on the bottom right
Doesn't look like there's enough out of the bottle to have filled that shot glass
Not drinking directly from the bottle

I've never had brandy before, is E&J a good cheap one to try out?

>mfw I take kratom and feel like $1M with literally no negative consequences
But I do like a drink too. Just had a cheeky few sips of vodka and a little V8 to wash her down.

Literally everyone who says this has a fucked up life.

We wont.

E&J is awful. There's not any good brandy that's cheap (sort of like Scotch). The best bang for your buck would prob be Courvoisier VSOP at $40-45, but that may be way more than you intend to spend.

Anyway, don't buy cheap brandy--waste of money. If you only want to spend less than $30, get bourbon, rum or vodka.

I fucked a hambeast while wasted last night. I even ate her out... my fingers fucking stank of fish afterwards. Would not recommend.

I always do this. Then I wash away my sins in the shower, and take my sacrament of Xanax and rum

STOP TALKING ABOUT SEX

Don't listen to this cunt cheap shit liqour is cheap liqour, cheap Brandy is no exception. If you're here, you ain't paying more than $20 for any 1.75L

Just think of it sorta like a type of whiskey drink it in ice, I throw bitters in it and you're set to drink the bottle in a night

Once I fucked a straight up 9/10 qt.....but I barely remember it.

I'm ugly as fuck with zero personality or wealth. this will never happen again.

Why would you want to fuck a fat tub of lard dude. I'm 27 and a virgin but I would really never fuck a chick who is super fat.

It's called being a drunk mess, driving to get white castle cooked up and drunk at 430AM seems like a good idea.

>getting so drunk and horny you decide to hit the Craigslist

Did this a week ago. Woke up and immediately started remembering what I did and alcohol anxiety kicked in fucking hard.

I just want some comfy sex lads, why is it so difficult. Not had sex in 3 years.

tinder

I appreciate the higher end recommendation, but as my other friend here is suggesting, I'm looking for a change of pace regarding getting bombed and I heard from a buddy that brandy is a nice cheap way to accomplish that.

this desu

i realize being an alcohol is my own fault and i can be sober but i hate my life so i drink

>Common minor side effects may include nausea, vomiting, and constipation.[3] More severe side effects may include seizure, addiction, and psychosis.[3][8][9][10] Other side effects may include high heart rate and blood pressure, trouble sleeping, and, rarely, liver toxicity.[3][10][11] When use is stopped, withdrawal may occur.

hmmmmmmmmmm

I've been downing a 1.75L of gin a week for the past month or so, am I al/ck or are you guys more hardcore

>1750/7 = 250ml

That's fine

About 1 year dry, 2 years without sex.
I now found peace with the fact that I'll never fuck again, nor find true love.

Not him but it's less addictive than booze.
Given that even heroin is less horrible than booze, it's not such a great compliment.
That being said, it's easier to switch addiction to a healthier one than to stop everything. I use cannabis as a clutch, it's not perfect but at least I'm not killing my pancreas.

What fucking edition is this???

Past midnight, day 2 done. 24 minutes into day 3. Feeling ok, aside from the terror, nightmares and dumbshit cravings. I think I'm over the acute hit. Really mild WD after my first ever successful taper. Would recommended tapering.
Wonder if I'll still be able to come to al/ck/ if I can keep this up. This place helped me to fucking stay alive when at my absolute lowest. Too many reminders of the lifestyle, too many 'are you me?' moments.
25 minutes.

>pretty much drink every day after work
>broke until Friday
>only have two 16 oz beers until then

pray for me, lads

Hitler was right edition

is internet flaming your coping skill?

>drinking a quart of liquor every.single.day. for 2 years straight (yes i know im fucked)
>went cold turkey 5 months ago, only lasted 2 weeks but had zero withdrawal symptoms
>went cold turkey again 36-48 hours ago
>woke up 7 times last night drenched in sweating with extreme paranoia
>hand was shaking all fucking day and kept sweating out of nowhere even though its cold climate here
>wtf.jpg

i thought alcohol withdrawal is a meme but am i gonna seizure or what

Why are cooks always alcoholics? No offense to the skilled cooks around the world, but I mean we all came here in the first place because we liked cooking. Ive worked in restaurants and if they cooks aren't drunk at work, they are always getting drunk in the parking lot after work. So what gives?

The one where I had no idea for an edition, only hoped /pol/ wouldn't follow.

I come to remember the bad parts, being an asshole to everybody in my life, waking up withdrawing too much to pour a glass from a fucking 1.25L bottle, not eating for days and consequences, etc.

>am i gonna seizure
Possibly.
Tingling worsen withdrawals each time you stop like that, that's why you should taper or do benzo and not go cold turkey.

It's literally 1000X less harmful than alcohol. Worst thing you can do is take too much at once and you get nauseated and have to lie down for 2-3 hours. You won't crash a car killing people, lose your job, lose friends/family etc. etc., just might get dizzy and have to lie down. It really is far superior to alcohol.

I did that in a span of 30 hours and worked the next day, thought I was ok till the end of the shift when I was literally shaking so hard I couldnt use my mouse. the cursor was all over the place. Never had a withdrawl like that before. I played it off as anxiety from hurricane irma but honestly scared the shit out of me. Ive gotten the shakes before, but never in a crippling way. I had to walk home from work because I was scared to drive.

Retarded question:

I drank for like a month straight and stopped coldturkey. I had very mild withdrawals for a few days. Can I binge on the weekends now without fear of withdrawal? I know kindling lowers your threshold for withdrawal and I've heard of people getting withdrawal symptoms after a weekend of heavy drinking, so I'm not sure if I can go back to just getting fucked up on the weekends.

distraction from a shitty life, user.

I am up to having 10 ounces of hard liquor a night, if I don't measure my drinks it gets out of hand.

Sometimes I am able to lie to myself and come up with a reason I shouldn't drink, like having an outing planned that night. When I buy into it I can go a few nights without touching the stuff.

Am I a lost cause at this point, or would actual human contact possibly pull me back?

Alcoholism runs in my family, and after my initial binge for a few months after I turned 21 I have been a weekend drinker for years. You're probably good.

even if you were drinkng 2L a day, 1 month of drinking is jack shit dude you'll be fine

Tbh lads what should I eat

Been drinking beers all day and had an egg for breakfast and a mini Reese's my roomie had

Currently at a bar(menu attached) but live in Vegas - what eat al/ck/

>pretending youll have a real outing/social life so you wont drink

that hit too close to home. Its somehow even more sad knowing others do this, because then its like I feel like theres no escape, its so common. The worst is if you actually DO have a plan with others, it gets cancelled or whatever and you just go get drunk alone.

guinea pie all day nigga

That guinea is good shit pal

fuck, I was hoping I'd be the only one.

wings my man its an /alc/ thread

shit dude, stay safe

That doesn't look comfortable.

i've quit several times and I've found that the kindling thing isn't true for me at least. I got the shakes the first time I quit, but I drink heavier than that now and I don't get any real withdrawals when I stop now. Just saying it isn't for sure

Hello fellow vegas bro.
Hope you're staying cool.
Let's meet up and touch penises.

Shut I'm down. I stay up north on Decatur. Going to the Horton Heat show tonight st house of blues.

My menu I posted should give a hint of where I hang out.

Wouldn't these threads be more /r9k/?

Y'all aren't actually talking about drinking for the flavour.

Eh

Shiiiiiit I love the reverend, I've seen em like 3 times they put on a kick ass show. They have killer openers too. My brother lives up that way by the gun range but I don't even leave the house to visit him so I can't do it for you sorry user. Have fun at the show though.

Comin' out the damn withdrawal bros, made some good food and not feeling half bad, but uhhhhh, regular cums are like a fraction as good as withdrawal cums pls help I have to go back

/r9k/ is full of idiot kids biter at life and women.

It comes back after a while. It's part of anhedonia I guess.

Bummer. I'll be in the threads so if you get outta your shell one day let's grab a beer. Stay as well as you can lad.

If I have been having on average 8 drinks a day for the last 10 years, how much longer do I have before my liver is kill?

How do i have a sober life? I usually smoke weed but when i can't get any i become a hardcore alcoholic. I go to the gym and run a lot but no matter what i do weed and alcohol make me feel a million times better than anything else. I got diagnosed with adhd last year so that might have something to do with it. I can barley function normally seems like i need something in my system.

bout half a century would be my guess

The rest of your god forsaken life...

honestly it really depends
some people can drink a liter a day and still die from old age because they drank a shit ton of water, always took vitamins (multi, super b, potassium), ate all the right things, exercised, ect.

Others get liver failure after 10 years of 5 shots a night because they never did any of that.

Depends on too many factor to give you an answer here. Environmental, genetic, luck.
See a doctor (a gastroenterologist) to have an answer.

Best cheap Scotch?

I NEED HELP FUCCCCCCCCCK

:(

I'm sorry

what should i drink when I turn 21 on Friday
Not an alcoholic but I aspire to be one they are pretty cool chill guys in movies and such and everyone loves them like Barney

Has anyone ever drunk alcohol in a cinema? How was it?

pay day tomorrow, this boredom is killing me

im gonna get fucking rekt on vodka

Label 5

Get some Budweiser and try to blend in with the chads, you only get one shot at life.

did you watch leaving las vegas?

that's the real deal but without the cute hookers

is this also the tobacco general?

What do you think?

>waiting for check to clear
>do I spend my last dollar on booze or food?
>I'll just eat tomorrow
wew

I dunno how you guys do it, Im A week into a half a liter of 40% a night and im not even interested in finishing it, it physically hurts me.

so dont, and let your body rest

until next binge

Dewers, I wouldn't go cheaper than that.

It creeps in over the years.

i want to drink the good stuff now that I can buy it on my own
now I don't have to act like I don't know my friends when we go to the store and they want to buy alcohol

did you start taking adhd meds like adderall/vyvanse?

i started taking them and, for completely separate reasons, became a legitimate alcoholic 3-4 months later. no fucking shit taking all that dopamine while concurrently drinking shitloads of alcoholic will cause a synergistic effect and make me more prone to addiction, right?

i got kiked

>not maintaining a diet of beer + ramen and the cheapest cut of meat available of the day

not gonna make it lad

do you guys prefer being alcoholics over having to deal with your problems while sober?

i've tried everything, and i just can't become normie. plus lately i think i've been going crazy because of the frustration, tossing shit around cuz i can't stay calm and gave myself a black eye. think i've earned a break desu senpai

I forgot that you need to eat before consuming large quantities of alcohol last night.

My head hurts from throwing up so much

When will life kill me, I'm sick of existing like this

buy etiz over the internet, or get klonopin from a doctor. You can use low doses so they're therapeutic and actually help you, rather than just getting addicted (unless you tend toward addiction).

>(unless you tend toward addiction).
I think it's safe to say that probably describes everyone in this thread.

well some benzos don't hit as hard, so there's less potential for addiction. Just a thought. Klonopin works great for anxiety, but my body craves it less the next day than if I took xanax. Everyone's different though, but I've read more stories about nightmarish xanax addiction and none about the other benzos.

I've cleaned up. I'm only on 1mg of klonopin and on okcupid on 500ml of jim beam black.

The psychiatist office made me an appt oct 31 (they're blood testing for alcoholism) but I figure i've got afew weeks to drink before I've got to start letting any levels go to normal. : D

I don't have coke. but I have to get drunker than my body wants to. How do I keep drinking longer and harder? I'll drink as much as i can and still feel kinda sober. any suggestions?

I have this same problem. Just play power hour w/ shots every five minutes. Set a phone timer, and put on music/ a show/ movie you like. If you aren't fucked by the end of the hour, you're actually fucked.
That's the al/ck/ version that I've pioneered myself. You can also play every minute with a shot of wine, that also usually does the trick.

Also- if you've got Netflix play the Ip Man drinking game. Drink every time someone says "Ip Man", drink every time there's a fight, and drink every time the Japanese are dicks. I hope one of these options helps you, user.