You can only have 1 country's food and drinks for the rest of your life

you can only have 1 country's food and drinks for the rest of your life
which is it?
mine's
V I E T N A M
bahn mi, pho, salad rolls, vermicelli bowls and weird sweet coffee pls

thats not authentic pho

are those spaghetti noodles? that looks awful

Not very filling. I choose Portuguese: bacalhau, linguica, dry chorizo, caldo Verde on and on it goes.

America...everything

But none of it's done very well :/

That's not how you pronounce phở

italy is the only reasonable answer

I don't have the conviction to make such a decision, OP. I'm sorry.

mexico

What a normy choice.

its gotta be glorious nippon for me

This tbqhwu family

Chinese. They have almost every Asian dish anyway.

Idk, Greek I guess

Looks awesome.

It tastes even better

Normie choice: Italy
You have several distinct regions of cuisine to choose from and I love when I go to italy because hardly anything ever disappoints. Meats, pasta, seafood, paninis, Italian soda, gelato, pastries. I mean jesus the amount of options are endless.

My more unique choice: Spain
Cured and cooked meats, tapas, Spanish wine, pallela, etc. It's not too crazy but it would be a fine choice.

>Mexico
Pic fucking related

>Tapas not pintxos
Go to northern Spain it is far superior

>Normie choice Italy
>my superior patrician choice is spain

Lol

Oh hell no. I never said it was superior lmao. italy beats it all the way. Spain is just my secondary choice that isn't too obvious.

Im polish and fine with eating only polish food like all generations before me.

Y'all motherfuckers need zrazy.

hey OP i agree

youre also a faggot

American is the only logical choice, we have an Americanized version of every countries food.

Pierogies and cabbage 4 lyfe

Mexican food > *

America obviously.
American cuisine has absorbed the cuisine of the rest of the planet

the best damn food in the world

I'd go with French food.

Maybe if I only ate tiny leaves arranged on a plate with tweezers I'd lose some fucking weight.

Assuming I still have to cook and thus pay for my food I'd pick Italian.

Nippon off course silly Gaijin

Too easy, Japan by a long shot.
I'd be happy to just eat Ramen for the rest of my life but for an entire cuisine there's still Sushi, Omurice, Yakiniku, Katsudon, Soumen, Oden, Maccha, Kakigori, Sake and many many more deliciousness

Your mamas not authentic

>pallela

Can't decide between India in Japan
>inb4 poo in loo

this

Serbian food, lots and lots of meat, delicious soups and sallads.

Greek is a good choice. For me it would either be Greek or Italian. Lots of veggies and a wide variety of meat and seafood dishes.

>vietmanese food
>it ain't me starts playing

i'm Hungarian, so i guess it would be Hungary, if not, then Italy

This. I'd end up picking Japanese cuisine because of its large variety of different meals but lamb vindaloo is GOAT

Lamb is goat?

I am being sentenced to this, I was excited at first, now I just want some good old fashioned comfort food.

It should be a cuisine with unlimited variety so sadly that rules out any tiny countries with good food, even Italy. I think the choice will be between America, China and India. America wins the drinks hands down but will bore you with the food eventually. China and India have amazing cuisine but are a let down in the drinks department (India has some amazing non-alcoholic drinks like thandai, lassi and jaljeera).

France is also an obvious contender with amazing wine and food but I really think you'll tire of traditional French cuisine and drinks.

Personally I'll go with India. While I'll miss not being able to drink any alcohol apart from toddy, fenni and a few other regional specialties, it's better than drinking baiju which imo will be closer to a punishment than any enjoyment. The food with it's endless regional variation is not something I'm worried about. I'll get a good dose of chinese too through the sino-Indian cuisine of ladakh.

And though I'd written it off earlier if I just wanted to slip into a comfy life Italy is a strong contender. Wine in the winter, limoncello in the summer with great cheese, bread and produce.

If you want to look at it that way you can claim that about any big country. You get tandoori chicken pizza in India, kebabs in Germany, burgers in japan, patisserie in Korea. Hell, the best chefs in the world have done stints in Dubai.

Most "mutton" dishes in Indian cuisine are goat. As you can imagine most of India outside the himalayas doesn't and can't have many sheep

> Vietnam
> not agent orange and 7.62

Muttons is goats?

For me it's Japan, the best kind of food.

ye

Feel like I could either go China, Japan or Canada.

>One of these things is not like the other
What's going on here senpai?

Canada got some pretty good food that you can't get here in the US. Also have Tim Hortons

Vancouver and Toronto have amazing asian food, and montreal has some great portugese food, but canada is nothing special

t. never lived in Japan

gimme da bacal

t. butthurt pleb with inferior taste

Pakistan or Japan.

can someone define american/canadian food
wouldn't those just include americanized versions of mexican food and asian food and italian food and a bunch of other shit

You do know the America's have their own unique foods that can be used as ingredients, right? While we did adopt much of our cuisine, there are many dishes unique to both the US and our hat.

>no sopa de macacao
uma disgusting to be fucking honest

India

Goin' full normie with Italy. Dad cooked a lot of Italian growing up, so it's got a lot of nostalgic and comforting flavor there. Lotsa pastas and sauces and other goofy shit, so even if I only remember to eat every other day I should be fine.

Also all that goddamn tiramisu.

American because they wouldn't let me move anywhere

Arabic food like shakshouka or hummus is fucking amazing, shawarma too and baba ghanoush. love that shit.

For just traditional cuisines, China is the only reasonable answer. A dozen wildly-different regional cuisines, from hearty wheat buns and strong sauces in the north to a trader's cuisine of anything preservable served with an eye toward showing off its freshness in the south, sweet and light amuses-bouche and seafood in the east to a heavily-spiced embrace of foreign flavors in the west.
The only modern country which comes close to the historical variety is India, but India doesn't have nearly as solid a history as a country, and abandoning both beef and pork is a very hard sell.

For modern cuisines on an "average-person" budget, easily Japanese. Perhaps it's because of the paucity of tastes and experiences in Japanese traditional cuisine, but the wholesale lifting of everything good about European cuisine into cheap yoshoku that you can get in any diner, plus the Chinese that while tweaked is still far closer to the original thanks to shared crops and 1,500 years or so of emigres opening restaurants, mean that a middling town in rural Japan is by far your best bet if you have two hours' ditchdigger's wage in your pocket and want to try reasonably authentic anything.

Has anyone said Thai food yet? Pad Thai, Phad Kee Mow, and Pad Prik King to name just a few awesome dishes. Also a TON of seafood in their diet. Tons of curry and awesome flavors.

America.

They steal the best of every other nation's cuisine.

My country's food (Philippines) since every province has something different I have a big selection of food.
Pic related mud crab cooked with coconut flesh and coconut milk

italy of course, doofuses.

sorry, but filipino food is horrible. skewered chicken heads, duck embryos. id respect them more if they were cannibals.

South African all the way.; a perfect blend of Asian, African, and European cooking.

also the pastry
GIB

That's Brasil you mong
And felhoz too. Portuguese is truly best and least memed/normy cuisine.

Not a country, but I will stick with cajun/creole cuisine if I had to pick one region. I wouldn't mind losing out on everything else. There is nothing that warms my heart and my belly more than a fresh, hot bowl of gumbo.

America. We have Americanized versions of most dishes that are superior to the original.

Japan.
>sushi
>ramen
>miso
>mochi
>green tea
gg ez no re

t. never lived in Japan

I did for a year you condescending fucktard, Japan cuisine is only good if you live outside of it because it's fucking BLAND

you much wrong

Glorious nippon food more superior, folded more than a thousand times.

Denmark, no doubt. Pork roasts, red cabbage, frekadeller, all of the sausages, best gravy, best sandwiches, best bread and lard. Also, pic related for drink.
There's some pretty decent fine dining available too if you're into that, but most of the time you just want to eat pork and wash it down with mediocre lager until you throw up and then eat some more.
Every meal is the celebration of a dead pig in some way and I fucking love it.

don't grin at me you fuck

Engrish teacher or military brat detected, it's not fair to judge a country by the boxed bachelor chow you got at the convenience store

I lived in Japan too but my dad was an executive in a multinational, I can confirm the food there is excellent

>Every meal is the celebration of a dead pig in some way and I fucking love it.
That honestly does sum it up nicely.

To take this argument the other way you would have to rule out food cultures that have ever used non-native ingredients e.g. any European country using potatoes or tomatoes

Kraut

A M E R I C A

For it includes any and all food possibilities.

>american education

Northern Spain reminds me of West Virginia, similar geography and isolated feel

>thinks he knows anything about "authentic" food
>says "spaghetti noodles" instead of just "spaghetti"

Your people are the most powerful on earth

I LOVE all Vietnamese food (planning to move to Vietnam in a few months) EXCEPT pho. I'm not sure exactly why but it doesn't work for me: combination of blandness, the weirdness of fresh greens in hot soup, lack of texture, the existence of so many better similar soups in Asia...

To your list of great Viet food though I'd add those spicy caseless sausages, that dip they make from baby clams that goes on rice cakes, stewed lemongrass sea snails, beer always over ice...

>spicy caseless sausages
what

'Foreign' food is massively more available and authentic in the US (and Canada) versus other rich countries. You simply can't get many exotic ingredients in Europe, Australia, and East Asia, and nobody really cares about authenticity since there aren't the pools of recent immigrants from every corner of the planet to maintain home-country standards and keep down prices.

It's cliche, but France.

Sausages in Vietnam (and iirc other southeast Asian countries) are often rolled in leaves like a tamale (not sure what kinds of leaves but iirc they're always green). There are many varieties but I love the super spicy ones they serve as drinking food, very much like a pepperette.

Is it the fermented meat roll thing?
I wouldn't call it sausage, though I do find them tasty.
There's also a fried food with a similar name, but tastes nothing like it.

Finally found it. This is the variety I was thinking of in particular, but there are loads of different sausages of that construction in Vietnam.

Also, while it's on my mind now, other amazing things in Vietnam: those yogurt drinks with the jelly things, INCREDIBLE sweet teas with all sort of amazing dried/candied fruit, spices, and other stuff added, grilled squab (pigeon) as cheap street food, grilled meat (very similar to Korean BBQ but swap kimchi for black pepper and lime).

My favourite, bahn mis already mentioned, I could pretty happily eat every day for the rest of my life. The perfect sandwich.

british

I remember the sweet tea (che) but don't remember any with yogurt.
Taiwanese bubble tea drinks are becoming more popular among younger people though.
And yeah looks like you were talking about nem chua.
Also it's banh not bahn.