Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jfoONlYjFuc
freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you mean hero?

no i mean gyro

so, hero?

doneer kebib is what mean

Gyro. How fucking stupid do you have to be to think that a screw is a nail?

I wasnt talking about the type of sandwich, but the pronunciation. Only a complete moron would miss that obvious fact. (you)

people please

we only mean to discuss gyro

Did he spell the word in greek? No, he spelled it in English. The pronunciation is gyro. As in gyroscopic. If you can't keep up with language then shut the fuck up.

The spelling is gyro; the pronunciation is not. You're a sad, sad man.

That's a souvlaki.

no is gyro

>[jahy-roh]
>[jeer-oh, zheer-oh; Greek yee-raw]
It's only yee-raw when in Greek, which doesn't even match the pronunciation of hero: [heer-oh]. You're wrong. Move along incorrect and ignorant retard.

Hero is closer to the original than "JEYEROW"

Heroscopic

That's a donna kebab mates

no you no understand it is gyro

That's a gyro I'm guessing.

only without the white sauce

Oh sure I love (((gyros)))

Is that a gyro?

yes thank

Most idiots think its garbage food, but it's the best tasting dinner you'll ever have.

gy do

>like gyroscopic

I want to punch you straight in the face, you culture-less faggot.

I like 'em, but the only places that sell them around me want $14 for a gyro.

Gyro is hecka yummy

Looks like a pita kebab to me

Jye-row is how I said it.
First time I ordered one the dude just kept calling it "Euro" without correcting me and came off as a pompous ass because I didn't know any better.
>What's on a jye-row?
>Euro meat
>Huh?
Didn't even say lamb or anything. What a faggot. This was a white guy too.

i say again

is gyro

*kebab

I prefer that Vietnamese soup foe.

final time

is gyro

I pronounce it yeer-oh, and I like lamb ones best.

"Hero"s pronunciation is closer to the greek pronunciation, yes. But the fact that it's closer and not the same means that calling it a hero or claiming the pronunciation is hero is incorrect.

>Gyre: From Latin gyrus, Ancient Greek γῦρος (gûros, “circle, ring, turning”)
When the dish was renamed from ντονέρ [doˈner], the name was coined from the turning process used to cook the meat. When this latin word was adapted to English, it became gyro. The meaning of the word still preserved and used in other words, such as gyroscopic. You ignorant fuck.

The fucking root doesn't fucking matter, tard, you do NOT pronounce it like "gyroscope".
Do you also pronounce etoufee as "e-too-fee"? Fucking moron.

you mean donair

>t. One pissed off home schooled spelling bee champ

You're just lashing out because your wrong.
t. someone who took 2 years of Latin in school and had to translate the Aeneid for the first year final.

souvlaki pita > gyro me pita

Me, I do.

you mean

>taco

What is happening ITT

I'm not even the guy you originally corrected, but okay, pajeet.

>implying your ignorance matters
Keep on being stupid, hick.

kek, you're more activated than my almonds.

Americans, user, Americans.

>autistic temper tantrum.jpg

I NEED A GYRO

IM HOLDING OUT FOR A GYRO TIL THE END OF THE NIGHT

Ok, Spazzy McGee, chill out. Just because you're wrong doesn't mean you have to keep rage posting.

>Giving hate (you)'s to three people

>OP is asking who likes gyros
>thread immediately devolves into an argument about pronunciation and linguistics

I fucking love this board

Three spazzes? On Veeky Forums? Never!

Four.

Scousers love their giroes.

dun be so hard on urself

I'm only hard on your mom.

>mostly bread in this image

It's pronounced "dunner" lads

Love em, but that much onion would be hell on earth
fucking pleb thats the best part

and its pronounced like euro

>euro
No, goddamnit.

Listen up. Gyros is pronounced "yeeros" in Greek. Obviously, if you're speaking English, pronouncing it like that is tryhard as fuck.

Gyros is basically the same thing as doner and shwarma, which is to say meat grilled on a vertical spit and shaved off. Traditionally, Greek gyros is pork; lamb is middle eastern and is not particularly popular in Greece.

If you put it in a pita, it then becomes a souvlaki (unless you're from Thessaloniki in Greece, where souvlaki exclusively refers to chunks of meat on a stick). You can still call it pita if that's not confusing. Acceptable add-ins are tomato, onion, and maybe lettuce along with tzatziki or any other kind of yoghurt sauce, and fries if you're not feeling traditional.

t. Greekfag

"doh-nair"

These guys gyro

GYRO!!!

>If you put it in a pita, it then becomes a souvlaki (unless you're from Thessaloniki in Greece, where souvlaki exclusively refers to chunks of meat on a stick).
you are no Greek

gyro so gud. i make pizza.

Fucking love this stuff.
Anyone know any good recipes for the meat?
Also, toum is the sauce they add on it right?

i do

but i can't eat them anymore because i need to lose weight

give me donair or give me death

Me too man. 36kg down over 1½ years.

I have a really great bodega that makes the best gyro I ever tasted. His lamb one is the best. Pretty cheap too.

Its yeero

Yee ro

youtu.be/jfoONlYjFuc

why can't you eat them anymore?

I eat only once per day, but i eat whatever the fuck i want and i still lose weight

how many calories does a gyros contain? around 600, you can eat two every day, you'll still lose weight considering that an adult need around 2000 calories a day to keep the weight

The pita+tzatziki+vegetables almost don't even need the meat to taste good
But lamb puts it over the edge
The European burger essentially

>considering that an adult need around 2000 calories a day to keep the weight
A physically active adult male requires about 1800 calories, so no.
A physically inactive adult male only requires about 1300-1500 depending on height.
Women require about 1200, but in reality are fine with 800 but that's never recommended because it encourages anorexia.

>A physically inactive adult male only requires about 1300-1500
that's wrong

It's accurate.

it's wrong, you need 2000+ for your bodies maintenance of your current weight unless you've just left a nazi prison camp and have no weight to maintain

>you need 2000+ for your bodies maintenance of your current weight
If you're over 6 foot and physically active, yes.
If you aren't, the average adult male only requires 1300-1500 calories to maintain weight depending on height.

You are factually incorrect on every level.

kebab?

>wrong on every level
Prove it, get myfitnesspal, put in your weight and height and your lifestyle and I can guarantee it won't be 1300-1500

>myfitnesspal
What a credible and scientific resource.

freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
Just do it and prove yourself correct

Had an Al Pastor burrito yesterday, that's basically like gyros

this gyro is a rip off. Its so empty.

literally one of the dumbest things i've read ever.

change it to physically inactive and you've got an argument.

>being this retarded

I tried taking a chick out for lunch one day as a second date. I suggested getting a gyro and some hummus and she said she didn't care for it. Anyway I ended up eating her hairy pussy from behind and fucking her doggy but her dislike of casual Greek faire didn't leave much more for our relationship.

You must be a supporter of the MS privatized penal system where they conveniently hired "nutritionists" who determined 1500 calories was the acceptable level of intake w/o regard for size of the individual or the fact that a large portion work on the chain gang in 100 degree heat. Thanks rightwing fanatics.

MS user reporting in. Who gives a shit about them? Why are we supposed to care about degenerate trash fucking everyone over? They're paying a debt to society. It shouldn't be comfy.

that's a taco

people who don't know how to pronounce shawarma

I love how this user ruined the entire thread. LOL!

It's clearly a Yiros, fuck you cunts are dumb.

>A physically active adult male requires about 1800 calories, so no
well, i meant a not manlet male (6 feet and above) with around 80 kg weight

the argument is pretty invalid though, a gyros contains around 600 calories, so anyone can eat at least one per day and still lose weight, most of us can eat two, really big guys can eat three and the necessary daily calorie intake will still be in minus

Euro