Favorite pasta?

Favorite pasta?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WxysE5M2GOw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

farfalle are one of the absolute worst, way too hard to pick up with a fork. I bet you're the type of guy to pour the sauce ontop of the pasta at the table instead of mixing it all together in one big pot.

For shape I prefer penne. Maintains its texture, cooks evenly, easy to manage with just a fork...

I fucking hate this snobby 'pasta sauce needs to be completely mixed into the pasta because that's now the Italians do it' meme. That results in bland pasta. I don't want every mouthful to be just like every other.

By that logic I may as well put my whole dinner into a blender.

weapons grade autism

In what fucking world does that result in pasta that is not only bland, but MORE bland than having the sides of your pasta completely untouched by sauce? How is it snobby to prepare a dish the proper way?

>By that logic I may as well put my whole dinner into a blender.
This is just completely retarded and proves what a moron you are

>I don't want every mouthful to be just like every other
it's fucking pasta
>oooo this bite was bland and sauceless
>oooo this bite had sauce

Penne/Ziti/Rigatoni

aka cylindrical pasta

tortellini with vodka sauce and kalamata olives

Catavelli masterrace tbqh

tortellini

oh shit I meant cavatappi

pls go

orzo

It's called noodles you fag

ditalini. i'm a big fan of soups

cavatelli?????

Ravioli.

Farfalle, Penne or Tagliatelle
hard to choose

Depends on the style of sause I make.

>butternut squash ravioli
How's freshman year at NYU lmao

By bland do you mean "uniformly good"?

>Well, I could spread this butter all across my toast, but that would make every bite just like every other.
>I could season this steak with salt and pepper, but I'm just gonna leave this side unseasoned for variety's sake.
>I really like mushrooms and olives on my pizza, but if I apply them over the entire surface, that would be too evenly delicious. Better leave some areas uncovered.

Wholemeal (has a more satisfying texture to bite/chew).
Any shape.

You should try this. Especially if you make your own stock.

youtube.com/watch?v=WxysE5M2GOw

This is fucking uncanny. The first time I've ever even heard of this pasta was in a magazine today and now I see it here.

ditalini for sure op, eat em like spaghetti-o's brings me back

For me it is rigatoni, the best tube pasta.

This is my favourite pasta

You sound like a working class chump. I bet you thought it would be a great "investment", how you would wake up to a warm, healthy breakfast to start off your long day. Maybe, you even had a couple thoughts about all the other nifty little uses you could find for the thing, how it would help you cook healthier meals in general, shed a couple pounds off the old gut, boost your confidence around work and with the ladies. Yeah, maybe that slow cooker would start your life cooking again, wouldn't it? I can see your strained hands holding the box and reading through it carefully at the store. A little bit pricey, but you're the type of guy who thinks everything is more than you can spend, aren't you. And look what happened to you. Look what the slow cooker did to you. Fucked you over, and made you clean it like a useless bitch. You don't even fucking like oatmeal. Piece of shit, you've been repeating those three words your whole life, haven't you. Yeah, how was work after that piece of shit fucked you over? I bet it was on your mind the whole day, you probably didn't say shit to nobody. Can't be telling people about your mistakes. How your little fix yourself plan, failed you. Don't want people to start thinking you're the failure. You're the piece of shit, all along. You don't want that do you? You don't want to be the piece of shit everybody secretly whispers about, do you? Was your father a piece of shit like you? I bet he never had a slow cooker. He had a woman, a house, a damn good job. I bet it's slow cooking you the fuck alive, isn't it. Comparing yourself to him. How one day when all the steam runs our of your life, you'll discover how you're nothing more than burnt shit to be scrapped off and thrown in the trash.

Any of you use Whole Wheat pasta? Is it good with any certain dish? Tried this only once and pretty much ruined the meal it went with for me...

nah, cavatappi
the spiraly ones

>mixing the sauce into the pasta all at once

this man has excellent taste

>all these cucks

Because mixing the pasta into the sauce removes the taste of oil and herbs from the pasta you retarded mouth breathers. It all DOES taste the same when you mix it together hence why you put some on the top. Are you stupid? Retarded? That's not a rhetorical question - I'll wait for an answer

Cavatappi, though I cook far more often with spaghetti/angel hair. I enjoy manicotti a lot, but commercial im not good at cooking with. hard to fill.

No, it ruins every single traditional meal. Have whole grain sandwiches or incorporate flax and things into breads. Pasta is ruined by this stuff big time, I cant even eat it (Barring starvation) and will never cook it.

Favorite sauce is puttanesca. Hands down.

I don't understand why someone would try to troll on Veeky Forums of all places

Egg noodles are the best

Macaroni no6.

Calm down, owlbro. Calm down. Some people enjoy food differently.

It's not trolling, it's a dumb seppo opinion that people have been taught since they were young and don't let go of it. How the fuck can mixing your oil and herbs and sauce with the pasta remove the flavour? He's a fucking mongoloid

But nothing about it made sense. The original complaint was that mixing would make every bite taste the same. That's true, but it makes every bite good instead of bad, so that's only a reason to mix.

Later on the idea was introduced that mixing removes flavour (from the PASTA???), but this had nothing to do with the original complaint, and makes even less sense.

I don't even believe that there are people who refuse to thoroughly mix pasta and sauce. There are people who refuse to combine the sauce and pasta in one pot before serving, but even those people eventually mix things together on their own plate.

Fusilli

>eating pasta
Oof, that's a lot of carbohydrates there friend! I think I'll have some nice healthy yet tasty 'courgetti' instead thanks :)

I think you underestimate the power of Americans. They also WILL call you a snobby hipster if you suggest they're doing it wrong in anyway

Farfalle.

because some people want the flavor of only the pasta and oil in one bite, and then the flavor of all of the previously stated + the sauce you fucking dumbass

Bucatini, fags

Not entirely mixing the pasta and sauce is about preserving the texture of the pasta imo. Particularly in contrast to the 'proper Italian way' where they cook the sauce right into the pasta at the end (speghettios style)

Ya'll feeding that troll delicious pasta...
Back on topic: anything stuffed with mushrooms, tortellini or ravioli