Not sure if I can finish this gyro platter all by myself. Care to help?

Not sure if I can finish this gyro platter all by myself. Care to help?

>Ginger Ale
no thanks, you monster

>Meat covered in cum
No thanks.

Mail it

why wouldnt you get the falafel sandwich instead? and make sure to leave room for baklava.

Sent ;)

Only if you explain what the hell a "gyro platter" is. Last I checked, a gyro is a sandwich made with pita bread. You might as well ask me to eat a "pizza scramble".

not him but I agree this dish is kind of silly

because it doesn't contain meat

it's an existing thing, how would you fit all that shit into a pita?
where i live, it's kinda different, they serve it with not rice, but fries and i don't see onion there, onion is a must for me with gyros, tomato, hot sauce too

nah you put the white shit on it I'm good.

it's deconstructed

>Last I checked, a gyro is a sandwich made with pita bread.
The rotating skewer is called gyro

No it isn't.

Looks like something I'd make at home for three dollars of ingredients

Okay, to be precise: It's describing the meat cooked in a special way on a rotisserie. The sandwich is called gyros pita.

and your point is?

where i live, a gyros costs less than $3, a gyros platter which is around 1.5x bigger than what OP posted and worth like two gyros costs around $6

it's the same thing when it's put into a pita, it's just deconstructed as someone mentioned it above

It sounds like you live where a lot of fat people are. OP's plate is big. Who needs a plate bigger than that

the plate is not bigger, only the portion kek

but you win, we're the fattest EU country, still not as obese as amerifats

anywhere else that is called a KEBAB

We have both where I live. Also, Kebap is any meat grilled on a stick. You are thinking of Doner Kebap.

that's because of the arabs, Greeks call it gyros, Turks call it döner, they are slightly different too

it's called gyros in a good portion of Europe, at least in the Eastern part

just to make it even more complicated Turks have something similar called dürüm, which is practically döner kebab ingredients wrapped into a tortilla like thingy and they also has another similar dish called shawarma

/ptg/ is that you?

>Not sure if I can finish this gyro platter all by myself. Care to help?
Looks like chicken souvlaki, not gyro meat.
I wouldn't touch that. I'm not sure why there is a quart of dressing on the greens. WTF happened there?

>shawarma
>durum
Durum in another name for lavash flatbread. (Durum being a type of wheat most often used in good pasta)
Lets go to entymology and have a cultural lesson, and hopefully we can try to use the right words by our understandings of the original dishes, and not some fast food colloquialisms with these corrections flying left and right in this thread.
Shawarma is synonymous with gyro meat from Greece. It is chopped mixed meats, highly spiced with herbs and packed together and roasted on a vertical skewer rotisserie machine, where it is sliced off cross grain. Shawarma is the regional name of gyro in the Levant, and so will often be seen on menus for arabs and jews both, and is minus the juicy pork of a good greek gyro meat mixture. When you order shawarma, you may not get the vertically roasted meats, but instead simply a combo of separately cooked cubes of grilled chicken, beef and lamb removed from skewers into the same sandwich or platter. It would not be wrong either way, since smaller skewers can also be turned.
In the US, the term used to be borrowed from turkey, syria (aramaic), and persian iran, the shish kebob, with the shish word to mean skewer, and kebob/kebap word to be to fry or cook. I actually more often than not see this on steakhouse menus, and it will be interspersed with onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and served alongside a rice side like a pilaf. It would be silly to say only kebob, and leave off the skewer word, or replace it with the doner word. Vertical fry?
Doner kebab in Europe is most commonly turkish recipe meat and sauces. There is no tzatziki fresh sauces like in Greece, which can stem from the dietary laws of no dairy paired with dead cow on the one hand, but also from cheapness. But recipes can also come from the lack of refrigeration desert climate origins too.
Greeks and mexicans have the best meats and sauces, followed by Isreal. Europe got overrun by Turks with the inferior products.

I approve of this post

I hate "deconstructed" dishes. It's just an excuse to not finish putting your dish together because you're lazy/you ran out of time. But this way you get to pretend that not finishing the dish is clever and creative. Fuck it's so dumb.

But a gyro platter isn't deconstructed at all in the same sense as a steak with sides isn't a deconstructed steak sandwich.

maybe, but in this case it makes sense, some just prefer to eat with forks and knifes, you can't really eat a gyros too nicely, sometimes the pita comes apart before you can finish eating it

that's the worst looking falafel I've ever seen

Incorrect. Any falafel containing these are automatically worse.

Or any kind of frozen falafel really