What do you think of this restaurant Veeky Forums?

What do you think of this restaurant Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NSTct2FFamw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a low-end steakhouse, and the food doesn't have anything to do with Australia beyond the place-names. It's just a lame gimmick.

maybe a notch above sizzler

Meh.

Love some authentic Australian food every now and then

their kangaroo burgers are superb

The appetizers are good. Chicken wings, cheese fries and the fried crawfish, depending on the location.

love the bloomin onion with a nice fosters. no idea if they compare to authentic australian bloomin onions tho

their bloomin onion has

>1950 calories
>155 grams of fat
>130 mg cholesterol
>3840 mg salt (rda is around 2400mg)

this is why USA is a bunch of fatasses

You don't eat the whole thing, Satantard. You share it around the table.

bad for you regardless...and irregardless

Pretty sure most Americans don't go to Outback for a bloomin' onion more than a few times a year.

amerifag here. i've seen it done

mfw I've never eaten at outback.

you ain't missing nuthin

Damn near anything in a steakhouse is going to be "bad for you" to some extent.

Too far away for me to try.

I had the worst experience of my life there.

Local Butchers>TXRH>LHSH>OBSH
Any other Steak places I'm missing?

is there such a thing as an authentic australian bloomin onion

Bloomin Pilgrimage
they say if you eat 3 bloomin onions in the same sitting you can see god

Confirmed. There's a reason it's called "Outhouse".

They start off really good. Bread and blooming onions are legit, but the entrees are always a big let down in my experience. That's the only thing that keeps me from going back.

Veeky Forums has actually had Outback threads before, with details from insiders who used to work for the company. Essentially, back in the early days of the restaurant, they did everything in house and used a lot of fresher ingredients, leading to them being more popular but higher priced than most casual chains. Que suits coming in, the menu is streamlined, fresh shit is switched over for frozen and reheated ingredients, quality drops and prices go up leading to popularity to plummet.

Essentially, it's your average Applebee's tier casual dining slop, but it actually used to be better because the original vision was a good middle of the road steak house.

Just like the real oz, mate

Former outbacker fag here. This is true to the tee, For fucks sake we made all sauces from scratch, fries were hand cut, steamed, then fried. Hamburger was fresh, steak was fresh. When I left things changed for the worst. I'll still go back from time to time to eat some of their wings which I enjoy the seasoning, but the transition from fresh and quality was overtaken by profit.

i've noticed this with several chain restaurants.

It's easier to control costs and maintain consistency that way.

If you have easily controlled costs and consistency, you can grow your network of franchises faster and farther.

Because the goal is not to be the best, it's to be the biggest.

The goal is empire.

Is there any chain that serves better blooming onion than the ones from Outback?

Some Nascar guy is sponsored by them and if he finishes in the top 10 you get a free bloomin' onion that monday. I often eat half an onion and a salad for lunch on those days. Shit's so cash.

>nascar guy

Jesus you are a walking stereotype of flyover. I'd like to think you were being ironic, but unfortunately I've attended a Nascar event and the realization that there are people like you made me want to write a JFW style essay about it.

I'm a flyover because I DON'T give a shit about Nascar?

Thats cause yer fookin ded mate...Oi....

youtube.com/watch?v=NSTct2FFamw

Gf almost died here
But thats cuz autistic and didnt chew

>Calories are bad for you
>Fat is bad for you
>eating 'cholesterol' is bad for you
>salt is bad for you
How's that meme brainwashing going for you?

I was about 12? years old and my dad got a promotion or it was my birthday or something so just him and I went to outback steakhouse on a Friday night.

My dad is a picky eater, his mom was a horrible cook and he couldn't stomach casseroles, roasts, meatloaf, seafood and always ordered his steaks medium well. I like my steaks medium rare.

So we both order a blooming onion and two filet mignons, medium rare for me and medium well for him. We're both in a good mood until our steaks come, where he cuts into his and it's medium rare, then into mine and it's medium rare. He told the waitress his steak was undercooked, which took forever because it was a really busy night.

She rolls her eyes, and like the baby boomer that my dad is got pretty pissed off at her. She takes his steak back to the kitchen, tells me that tonight is a time to enjoy, and to eat mine. While he waits, I finish my whole steak in about 15 minutes. It was really good, but my dad is sitting around hungry and grumpy as fuck.

The cunty waitress comes back after I finish eating and gives him this black colored slab of leather. I wait about 10 minutes for him to finish his steak which he said was disgusting, but also said he didn't want to send it back again because we would have to wait another 20 minutes.

The waitress comes back and asks how everything was. My dad just lays into her about how rude she is, how long we both had to wait, and how the food was terrible. They get into a civil but verbal argument and she leaves angry and holding back tears and my dad with an aura of misery for displaying that to me, his 12 year old son. I'm tired and want to go home now at this point because I'm full, my dad just finished yelling, and the rest of the patrons are staring at us.

The waitress was instructed by the manager to give us each 25 dollar gift cards to make up for the experience. My dad announced to the whole restaurant, "We're never coming back to this fucking place again."

Neither of us have.

Yeah, us flyover types ain't as sofistickated as you New Yawkers, but at least we know what a pizza is supposed to look and taste like.

Fat plastered on carbohydrates is bad for you. Do you even keto diet, user-kun lardwhale?

Do you mean DFW, you mouth breather?

>fresh tomatoes on 'go 'za

>used to live by myself next to an Outback Steakhouse during my days of depression
>would regularly get one of these to go and eat it myself as a meal or "snack"

I regularly order a Bloomin Onion to take home and eat for dinner all by myself, quit being a faggot and man up

A FUCKING LEAF

Sounds about right. I loved the fuck out of Outback when I was a kid, went back there last year as an adult and it was bland as shit with small portions.

Don't have them in Bongland anymore.

The honey malt loaf with relish, and the chocolate thunder were GOAT. Everything else was meh to ok.

not like that you retard