Anyone else find eating out to be entirely too pedestrian an activity...

Anyone else find eating out to be entirely too pedestrian an activity? I'm roped into a family obligation this evening and being summoned to a Japanese Fusion restaurant. Online reviews appear mixed, prices seem high. Begs me to wonder why people do this kind of shit.

Some people like to socialize user. You sound unhinged.

My priorities are simply different. Instead of eating and drinking around people acting like idiots, if I wasn't obligated this evening, it would be spent in the gym, going over my finances for the next two quarter period, looking for additional commodity investments for the pending bull run, and finishing the night with a glass of whiskey and a book.

Successful people do all of that and still have friends

because trying new food without the menial labor of preparing and cleaning from a meal is enjoyable to most people

you sound like a 14 year old who has no friends because he's too autistic and rationalizes it by believing you are "above" normal socializing

>instead of going out to eat I would go to the gym
haha, you sound like a fucking great person. What a fucking nerd

> going over my finances
Yeah, if you need to "go over your finances" you probably can't afford to go out, good call

>everyone's the same hurrrrrrr

>projecting

It's actually recommended to go over your finances regularly to re-position assets if they're too exposed. Wouldn't expect you to know anything about that though.

i find most restaurants suck
that's the worst thing

Has to be bait

>It's actually recommended to go over your finances regularly
yeah, if you need to cancel Sunday dinner to do so, you have serious financial problems

Pedestrian is not the word you're looking for. In the context you're trying to use it in, it means dull or lacking excitement.

The things you would rather do, like finances, or quietly reading a book with a drink, are also pedestrian in this context.

It would make more sense in your next post to say you would rather go sky diving or something else exciting.

Now, keep up, user. Let's put those brain cells to work. The main subject matter here is the triviality of engaging in needless outings at meme restaurants over more preferred leisures. Not lack of ability to account for ones fiscal responsibilities.

You still with me boy?

>Pedestrian
>Subjective

wew

yeah, but your choices for "preferred leisures" were pretty fucking funny
But the main point is you might as well go eat good food rather than waste time preparing your own

lol. nice bait

>around people acting like idiots
its not our fault you hang out with idiots

Seems the problem is who you associate with, not the activity itself

>waste time preparing your own

Welcome to Veeky Forums - Food & Cooking, everyone.

it's called socializing you fucken neckbeard. you should try it some time.

you're irish stew guy huh

People do this shit because they can choose what they like to enjoy, the same way you want to go workout and 'going over your finances'. If you really had any control over your life you'd make your own decision and not complain on a board that your family wants to spend time with you. Go, don't go, nobody really cares.

There's more than one autist in this board, user.

Or, you know, not having to both source and prepare the food and drinks yourself while also allowing you a social opportunity.